Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don’t hate the acquisitions, but people who do need to realize that Hainsey, Ennis, DeMelo, Boro are all likely gone by the deadline. One of Pageau/Tierney likely is too. I think Brown stays. The kids will play. Just buys a bit more time.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don’t hate the acquisitions, but people who do need to realize that Hainsey, Ennis, DeMelo, Boro are all likely gone by the deadline. One of Pageau/Tierney likely is too. I think Brown stays. The kids will play. Just buys a bit more time.

Boro will never leave. He's the team mascot now.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Sounds like a good reason to sell the team!

So, the next owner will just pay every RFA and UFA 80%+ of their yearly salary as a signing bonus? We'll eventually get to a point where 70% of our yearly salary expenditure will be paid on July 1st. And the new owner will be cool with that? Along with shelling out hundreds of millions to build a new arena and relocate the team? Along with spending millions more per year on better coaching, management, player development personnel, etc.? And millions more per year to get competitive with the upper limit of the cap which might touch $90 million in a few years, if not sooner?

It's not realistic. And it's definitely going to be a major point of contention. Imagine your boss at work had to start paying all of his employees signing bonuses that accounted for 70%+ of their yearly salary? How long do you think that arrangement would last before your boss shut down his business?

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
It’s become embarrassing to be a Sens fan, what a laughingstock they have become since Dorion took over. Guy gets 0 respect around the league

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don’t hate the acquisitions, but people who do need to realize that Hainsey, Ennis, DeMelo, Boro are all likely gone by the deadline. One of Pageau/Tierney likely is too, and maybe Connor Brown.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t hate the acquisitions, but people who do need to realize that Hainsey, Ennis, DeMelo, Boro are all likely gone by the deadline. One of Pageau/Tierney likely is too, and maybe Connor Brown.
It’s a tank year. I’m worried that dorion actually thinks these guys are goo. He didn’t just go get crap players. He got crap players that the Coach specifically recommended. Which means one of them has convinced the other that they’re good

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It’s a tank year. I’m worried that dorion actually thinks these guys are goo. He didn’t just go get crap players. He got crap players that the Coach specifically recommended. Which means one of them has convinced the other that they’re good
Or maybe they know they are serviceable stop gap players who will not get in the way of the tank and will hopefully have some value come trade deadline time.

Reactions: derriko

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pretty good chance both Pageau and Tierney are gone at the deadline or draft next year unless Chabot is dealt.

We have about 23 million committed to only 5 players: Zaitsev, Ryan, Smith, Nilsson and Tkachuk for the following year. Dunno what the budget will look like but I assume it'll be under 70M. So there's maybe 47M to sign 5/6s of the top 6, 3/4 top 4D, a goalie and 4 bottom 6 guys to play with Ryan and Smith.

If they trade Chabot, you might be able to keep around the likes of Tierney and Pageau as 3rd liners with 3-4M salaries bit if we want to realistically keep Chabot and Tkachuk, they're probably too expensive to keep.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
How high of a signing bonus does a team need to put in their offer sheet to Chabot next summer before Melnyk balks and takes the picks? $4mil?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Two weeks ago we were talking about how we didnt want Dorion to do anything. Get some one year players that will try to prove their worth so we can flip them at the deadline.
Thats what he did. Now people are upset?

Dorion did something right for once. We are in a rebuild. Get assets for the next draft.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
How high of a signing bonus does a team need to put in their offer sheet to Chabot next summer before Melnyk balks and takes the picks? $4mil?
Yeah, Dorion better get Chabot locked up this summer so that doesn’t happen next summer. It should be his number one priority, it’ll also show the other young players they will get paid if they perform. Who know if Melnyk will give him the resources to do that though.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Two weeks ago we were talking about how we didnt want Dorion to do anything. Get some one year players that will try to prove their worth so we can flip them at the deadline.

Dorion did something right for once. We are in a rebuild. Get assets for the next draft.

I agree we should be getting assets for the next draft. But I doubt if any of the one year players he picked up is gonna be worth much more than the 3rd he gave up in the Ceci trade

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

I have bad news. Nikita Zaitsev is signed for the next 5 years. He is our 2nd highest paid player and has the longest contract of any player in the organization.

I agree that it'll be nice to have Hainsey, Ennis, and Brown to flip at the deadline, but IMO the Zaitsev trade is just such a negative that its impossible to just gloss over. That is an unbelievably horrible trade for us that is going to haunt us for years and we helped the Leafs improve in the process.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I’m ok with his moves today. I get the frustration though that it’s our rivals we are helping out and the 3rd round pick as a toss in is just another budget move.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, Dorion better get Chabot locked up this summer so that doesn’t happen next summer. It should be his number one priority, it’ll also show the other young players they will get paid if they perform. Who know if Melnyk will give him the resources to do that though.

Well his last number 1 priorities were

Sign Karlsson
Sign Stone

So...

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad