Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We gotta make more trades - so many shit players I cant stand watching for another year lol

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Methot, even if he's not what he once was would be nice to have in OTT behind Chabot & Brännström

Good locker room guy with an attachment to the community that would help in the youth development

Reactions: Yak

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Sure, but also Alex Kerfoot.

My initial reaction was that this was a very good deal for Toronto, and it could work out that way, but I also didn't know a whole lot about Kerfoot. I can see that his numbers have been pretty good, but Colorado fans seem to think he's not very good at all. And that's not just comments coming out now after he got dealt, plenty of complaints earlier in the year about how the play dies on his stick, how he's useless defensively, doesn't go to dirty areas, etc.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Two weeks ago we were talking about how we didnt want Dorion to do anything. Get some one year players that will try to prove their worth so we can flip them at the deadline.
Thats what he did. Now people are upset?

Dorion did something right for once. We are in a rebuild. Get assets for the next draft.

What we were talking about is leveraging all that cap space to take on a few bad contracts for picks ala Marleau, which got Carolina a very good pick in return. That's what a rebuilding team with a decent owner would do. As of tonight we have one less 2020 pick than we had yesterday. How is that a positive?

And you think we're going to flip Hainsey or Ennis for more than scraps? They're just stop gaps to get to the cap floor, not "assets for the next draft". At best we'll get a 5th or 6th round pick for them.

Reactions: Cosmix

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Methot, even if he's not what he once was would be nice to have in OTT behind Chabot & Brännström

Good locker room guy with an attachment to the community that would help in the youth development

Chabot, Wolanin, jaros, hainsey, zaitsev, demelo, boro.

I don't see where he'd fit.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
My initial reaction was that this was a very good deal for Toronto, and it could work out that way, but I also didn't know a whole lot about Kerfoot. I can see that his numbers have been pretty good, but Colorado fans seem to think he's not very good at all. And that's not just comments coming out now after he got dealt, plenty of complaints earlier in the year about how the play dies on his stick, how he's useless defensively, doesn't go to dirty areas, etc.

Barrie is a huge addition to their blue line. Kerfoot is just going to be played in ideal matchups/situations.

Leafs addressed their biggest flaw. They'll be fine at C.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Barrie is a huge addition to their blue line. Kerfoot is just going to be played in ideal matchups/situations.

Leafs addressed their biggest flaw. They'll be fine at C.

Yeah adding Barrie was the primary reason I thought this was a real nice deal for Toronto. It's just that it looked like they were still going to be unreal up the middle with Kerfoot as their 3C, but now, having read up on Kerfoot more, it seems that he's nothing special. We'll see, though.

I like the Barrie addition for Toronto, although he still has his warts and will frustrate Toronto fans defensively.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->