Speculation: Trade Rumors Part X : Fowlers and Lindholms and Vatanens, Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
It would take Lindholm + Ritchie + 1st. Even then I don't see how we can afford to pay Subban. His salary the next 4 years is 11m/11m/10m/10m. There's no way that's working as long as we're a budget team.

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

Not a fan of Subban's defensive game. Dynamic player going forward and definitely elite in a number of areas, but he struggles against high end opposition and is caught out of position a lot.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You guys, I learned something from the main trade boards. Schultz is better than Fowler and Andersen is not a starting goalie. CRAZY, how did we not know this!?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
You guys, I learned something from the main trade boards. Schultz is better than Fowler and Andersen is not a starting goalie. CRAZY, how did we not know this!?

I think the thing we've been doing wrong is that we are actually watching the games with our eyes. We SHOULD be only looking at statistics online after the games have been played.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Subban isn't getting traded unless he publicly requests one or he acts like a bigger ass clown than he already is.

I like the guy, he's seem funny. But that contact and the assets you'd have to give up to get him (I agree it would take a Lindholm + Rakell/Richie) just doesn't make sense for us.

Even RNH is really a pipe dream. I'm sure murray looks at his contract and knows that wouldn't work for us. I could easily see Rakell say that's a comparable on my own team. Can you make an argument than RNH is that much better than Rakell at this point?

duari91

Apr 12, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that BM wont make a major trade during the deadline?

I think the success of Perron has probably vindicated BM of the necessity to go after a big forward.

Just my opinion, but it seems like that's the way BM has operated in the past.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Am I the only one who thinks that BM wont make a major trade during the deadline?

I think the success of Perron has probably vindicated BM of the necessity to go after a big forward.

No, you're not alone. I think the pieces that would have to be moved are too important to the team. I don't see Andersen moved until the off-season. Vatanen is the other guy that's probably gone, and unless they just really want Shea in the lineup this year, I don't see Vatanen moved until the off-season either. I do think Murray will want to add a fairly significant piece though, which is why I'm not ruling out the rental market, despite the fact that he generally never pays much for one. I could see him trading a few significant pieces for a rental because he knows he can get some of them back in the off-season by moving Andersen and/or Vatanen.

edit: Forgot to mention that I don't think it's necessarily related to Perron. Obviously it helps because he's greatly helped our lack of a finisher. However, I think it's more that Murray won't want to part with the necessary pieces because it could affect the team's chemistry. This, along with his unwillingness to pay a premium for rentals, makes me think it could be a fairly slow deadline for us. I could see us adding some tweener top 6 guy like Boyes.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
PLEASE, tell me nobody has said this in the last... five years? :amazed:

You'd better believe it, because I saw that too. There was a chart with some advanced stats, it's now basically been confirmed. :sarcasm:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Subban isn't getting traded unless he publicly requests one or he acts like a bigger ass clown than he already is.

I like the guy, he's seem funny. But that contact and the assets you'd have to give up to get him (I agree it would take a Lindholm + Rakell/Richie) just doesn't make sense for us.

Even RNH is really a pipe dream. I'm sure murray looks at his contract and knows that wouldn't work for us. I could easily see Rakell say that's a comparable on my own team. Can you make an argument than RNH is that much better than Rakell at this point?

You can't seriously believe Rakell is going to want $6M AAV, can you?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
You can't seriously believe Rakell is going to want $6M AAV, can you?

Yeah, I don't buy that either. Ricky had 30 points last season and is on pace for 47 points this year. He'll likely either get a Toffoli-esque bridge deal (2 years, $3.25m AAV) or $4.5+ million on a long-term deal.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

I agree with you. But I do think that, if he can find the right piece and price, he may make a move for a defensively responsible #3 center. Letting Rakell play the wing. It's not a need, but It could make us harder to play against down the middle for the post season.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, I don't buy that either. Ricky had 30 points last season and is on pace for 47 points this year. He'll likely either get a Toffoli-esque bridge deal (2 years, $3.25m AAV) or $4.5+ million on a long-term deal.

That's my thought. It's nice that he is showing progress but he's hardly in the $6M league yet.

mytduxfan*

I go with the former on that. I can see BM wanting to reduce the risk. It's only 1 season for Rakell. It could be a breakout year or it could just be a one off.

The good thing going for Rakell is that his S% isn't ridiculously inflated. Speaking of which, good thing we passed on Beleskey. His 15% S% has come back down to a normal level and that contract don't look so pretty.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I go with the former on that. I can see BM wanting to reduce the risk. It's only 1 season for Rakell. It could be a breakout year or it could just be a one off.

I think anybody who sees Rakell play knows this won't be a one off. If anything, he probably should have more points than his totals suggest. This guy is trending in the right direction and I am thrilled about his future.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I think it's definitely opened up the bargain bin option. He's definitely in a position now where there isn't as much or any desperation to do something. Which could be either a good or bad thing.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Rakell has reminded me of Gaudreau a bit this season. I would really like to lock him up but would have a hard time going over 4.5M AAV.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Versteeg's name just popped up. This screams bargain bin Bob too me. Can be had for cheap most likely and fills a hole. Meh, not sexy but just seems like a BM kind of move.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Versteeg's name just popped up. This screams bargain bin Bob too me. Can be had for cheap most likely and fills a hole. Meh, not sexy but just seems like a BM kind of move.

He'd probably come cheap, but not sure he's Murray's type. Murray always seems to look at guys who are undervalued and hopes they bounce back, whereas Versteeg's value is at its highest in years and there's a better chance his play will regress. Plus he's a questionable fit and a RH shot to boot. Wouldn't be mad but I hope it's someone else.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

He tried to trade for Kesler, but their ownership killed it at the last minute. He also traded for Wiz, Lubo, and Beauch at the deadline. Murray doesn't make moves just to make moves. A hockey trade has to be there for him to make a major trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad