Speculation: Trade Rumors Part X : Fowlers and Lindholms and Vatanens, Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It was actually my suggestion, though a couple Flames fans seemed to be OK with it. If there are no 1sts made available, an early 2nd and a good goalie prospect would be a solid return.

I'd rather not get a goaltending prospect in such a deal. I don't see too much in MacDonald, and I don't think it maximizes the value. I'd rather just pick a tall Swede/Finn in the 4th/5th round and wait, while getting a forward prospect worth a 2nd round pick, if that's the design for a deal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd rather not get a goaltending prospect in such a deal. I don't see too much in MacDonald, and I don't think it maximizes the value. I'd rather just pick a tall Swede/Finn in the 4th/5th round and wait, while getting a forward prospect worth a 2nd round pick, if that's the design for a deal.

In personally like McDonald and have him as one of my favorite goalie prospects outside of the true top tier, but I understand the point, goalies really are a crap shoot. I definitely wouldn't contain ourselves to needing a goalie prospect back in an Andersen trade, but it seemed like a fit when dealing with Calgary.

Their early 2nd and a forward prospect like Poirier or Klimchuk could also work.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It seems like the ducks often try to make Murray's life difficult around the deadline, because no matter what their obvious problems are early in the season, the team always seems to be whole by late February.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Hey guys,

First off congrats on a huge second half, let me start by saying I've always followed the ducks progress and have loved what you've built over the years.

Seeing as these 2 teams are the ones I watch most frequently, I was thinking their may be a match on the trade front and was wondering if you guys could chime in.

To MTL: Silfverberg and a 2017 2nd round pick
To ANA: Eller & Weise

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hey guys,

First off congrats on a huge second half, let me start by saying I've always followed the ducks progress and have loved what you've built over the years.

Seeing as these 2 teams are the ones I watch most frequently, I was thinking their may be a match on the trade front and was wondering if you guys could chime in.

Silf for Eller doesn't do anything for us. Weise would be a fine deadline pickup, but it would be a second next year since we don't have one. He'd probably get some shifts with Getzlaf with the current set up.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Hey guys,

I see how it COULD work...Weise is really the replacement for Silfverberg on right wing. Eller is a top-9, defensively-oriented center who could be the one to take draws for that Rakell-Perry line.

Unfortunately, Silfverberg's post-season play is way too good to pass up. 2nd is also too much to give up, IMO.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Obviously lines with juggle but if we get Staal is he defo the centre between rakell and Perry?

Is rakell flourishing since he's driving the play not getzlaf

Rakell Getzlaf Perry
Perron Staal Stewart/Santo

?

Staal is the rental that I want if we go that route. Unlike Ladd, he offers much more versatility. Plus, if Bruce wants to keep Perry and Getz on separate lines, I think it's doable if we get a center. We'd probably add a cheaper top 6 winger rental as well though.

Perron-Getz-Stewart (hopefully Stewart's spot is upgraded)
Rakell-Staal-Perry
Cogs-Kes-Silfverberg
Horcoff/Thompson/Garbutt/Maroon/Santo

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Hey guys,

That would be a significant downgrade for us, IMO. Not the type of guys I'd make Silfverberg available for.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hey guys,

We need Silf, and we're not looking to make the type of move that opens up one hole to fill another. I realize you've added a RW into the deal but Weise doesn't replace what Silf brings to the table. I think the value favors Montreal as well.

I have mild interest in both the players you offer, but not at all for that price.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hey guys,

Silf is very unlikely to be traded for quantity. If the ducks do move to add to their forward group, they'll ship a defenseman out. I also think you're probably overvaluing the two Montreal pieces there.

mytduxfan*

I think ED is talking about the entire line's production, not just Kesler's. If they could find an upgrade on Cogliano, that line would probably become much more dynamic offensively, while still being able to play that shut down role. A rental like Ladd or Eriksson could do the trick.

I doubt BM does a rental deal. A D first shutdown line is always going to struggle scoring, regardless of who is on that line. I don't like the idea of messing with a line that is clearly succeeding in something that is extremely difficult. Attempting to open up the Kesler line to produce more offence could also open the opposition's chance to score. Given that Kesler and co. are usually up against the best of the best, I don't like that match-up.

We should get Bonino, and Jagr.

Perron-Getzlaf-Jagr
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Bonino-Perry
Garbutt-Thompson-Horcoff

Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-Manson
Stoner-Vatanen

Take out Jagr (he's not going anywhere) and I'm game.

It was actually my suggestion, though a couple Flames fans seemed to be OK with it. If there are no 1sts made available, an early 2nd and a good goalie prospect would be a solid return.

It was a good suggestion. If that's the best offer on the table, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Again, I would also do this.

Hey guys,

So we give up a top 6 winger for a top 9 C and a 2nd round pick for a pending UFA. Awful. EZ pass.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'd take 9 minutes of McIlrath over 28 minutes of Subban every time. And it's not really just 9 minutes. Any time McIlrath is on the bench, he's basically on the ice for 60 minutes, because that's how long every opposing player feels pure fear of him, and gets virtually paralyzed, unless when they're literally getting paralyzed.

UNNNNNDEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAKEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
On second thought, a deal around Vats makes more sense. Vats, Ritchie, 1st for Subban Weise

That's not enough.

Come on, that Montreal D is gonna be hurting without Subban, they're not gonna settle for a middle pairing guy. We probably would have to give up Lindholm for Montreal to accept any deal from us.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
It was one poster, but Fowler + Raks/Ritchie + 1st got denied as a starting point. The fans would want Lindholm and more or it will be a massive ****show on social media haha.

p.s. Subban definitely isn't gonna get traded.

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
On second thought, a deal around Vats makes more sense. Vats, Ritchie, 1st for Subban Weise

Habs would be outrageously dumb to take that. Subban will fetch a minimum of 1st + Blue Chip Prospect + Solid top-4 D/Top pairing D

Edit: I realize your offer has those pieces, but one is an RFA, the 1st is mid-rounder at best, and they can find better prospects out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad