Trade Rumors and Proposals XI: No more Cakes. Danishes Next? MT on a diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

I thought we talked rumors here

I feel like Bergevin still feels the team needs an upgrade at forward.

I can't see how he looks at this team and feels differently.

I also can't see how he looks at this team with Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Markov and Plekanec playing the way they are, along with the Young 3 (ya screw it, I'm putting Beaulieu in there) and doesn't feel they deserve some improvements, even if not earth shattering stuff.

Few years ago Habs got Metropolit as a deadline addition, or thereabouts, the year before they went to the ECF behind Halak.

Wasn't a huge pick up, but he had a pretty good season the following one, as well played some important minutes in those playoffs even if he did nothing offensively.

They don't have to trade a 1st, or even a 2nd, and certainly not a top prospect...but there is the cap space, the assets, the need, and the willingness to always do whatever they can to give the team and its' fans the best chance to win right now.

Way I see it anyways.

Someone off the board I think...

Like Hudler from Calgary.

HabsDieHard*

Definitely won't come cheap, and I'm not sure we *need* him but yeah, he's a good winger for any playoff team.

I'd rather a more proven goal-scorer to be honest.

Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Gallagher could come close to 75 goals between the 3 of them.

Add in 35+ from Pacioretty and it's really not that bad a situation.

A reliable 2 way 15-20ish goal guy would do nicely.

Especially since between Parenteau, Eller, Desharnais, Weise and Smith Pelly they should get some okay offence down the stretch here.

HabsDieHard*

If a rental comes in at the right price he'll bite
He didn't let Vanek get away did he?

Vanek was a funny situation from the way it sounded to have gone down.

Other teams offered more, but didn't have the space to take on Vanek without NYI retaining salary, which they refused to do.

So all that space really paid off.

Very little space for them this year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, he'll still put a hook into one if it's dirt cheap.

Put it this way if I got Jagr tomorrow for a pick for example.
I would look at the size we've added as a chance to go deep.
The cost of doing business in today's NHL.
We got over Vanek didn't we...
Sebastien what was his name...:laugh:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I got a question for you fellow Habs fans... how about Patrick Marleau.. He can play C and W. He is a great skater and great goal scoree. he is sign for 2 more seasons.. San Jose are fighting for a playoff spot but Wilson as said on hockey central that they are in a transition period and would love to get younger

Fucale + Eller???
Andrighetto + Fucale + 2nd?

not sure he is available and what would it cost but he would fit well with the habs and he s what MB is looking for.. not a rental....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad