Trade Rumors and Proposals XI: No more Cakes. Danishes Next? MT on a diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really I am not a fan of either DD or Eller. I just think it's hilarious how invested people are on both sides. The sooner we upgrade both players the better off we'll be. Come on MB, do your thing!!

I'd like to see what Eller brings post season.
He's had plenty of good games when we need them most.
So if that is being heavily invested I'm all in. :laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I find it funny that Eller supporters are trying to downplay his value because they hate that he might be traded and are pumping DD's tires all of a sudden hoping he has more value so he gets dealt instead. Getting nervous are we boys??:laugh:

How about right after the PO?
How about after 30 games last year?
How about after the season he outproduced our own top center?

Yeah, best time to trade him is now, right? Downplaying his value is simply common sense.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I find it funny that Eller supporters are trying to downplay his value because they hate that he might be traded and are pumping DD's tires all of a sudden hoping he has more value so he gets dealt instead. Getting nervous are we boys??:laugh:

:shakehead

Unless you're rebuilding, market value is completely irrelevant. You do trades based on your own needs, not on the value of your players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, chill out and take it easy. If you don't like my post no need to comment as I will do for yours in the future. Thank you.

EDIT: I read in all of 'your' post. Sorry. I thought it was personal.

Your post reminded me of several others that offered the same idea, including my own posts on the subject. I only commented cause your post was the most recent in bringing up the concept -- it could have been anyone.

I have no reason to "chill out" or to attack you or anyone.

Peace out, brother. ;)

HabsDieHard*

I like how pointing out a small market team like Arizona might have concern about years 3 and 4's salaries for Eller is somehow "downplaying his value".

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

You know that this is pure, unadulterated drivel.

Pretty much the majority of your posts are specifically to denigrate the posters with opinions opposite your own.

The rest seem to brown-nose those posters that you agree with.

Try making an argument and support it with facts. It works best that way on a discussion board.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
:shakehead

Unless you're rebuilding, market value is completely irrelevant. You do trades based on your own needs, not on the value of your players.

Silly Putty ;)

Based on what we were getting out of Jiri...
I think it's fair to say we plugged a hole without causing a breach elsewhere.
Tough trade to commit to IMO.
In Eller's case he has already proven to be a player when the Chips are down.
We tend to forget he goes through walls of adversity every Reg Season. :laugh:
I guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger for the Post Season. :naughty:

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Your post reminded me of several others that offered the same idea, including my own posts on the subject. I only commented cause your post was the most recent in bringing up the concept -- it could have been anyone.

I have no reason to "chill out" or to attack you or anyone.

Peace out, brother. ;)

My bad! Now, it's belong to me to chill out. Matter of facts, I just trying to figure out what's Bergevin will or not do and as you, I'm pretty bored by reading always the same names out there. I think Adam Henrique could be a decent possibility for the Habs perspective :)

Pricef*

RDS reporting Gonchar and PAP ready for action. Will this change MB's approach?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Christopher ‏@HabsTalk11 9m9 minutes ago
#Canadiens assistant general manager Rick Dudley is in Anaheim tonight for the #Ducks vs #Sens game

I used to see a lot of fake trading by "Christopher", so I never checked back on his twitter account.

Still posts questionable droppings like:

Christopher @HabsTalk11 · Feb 24
Desharnais baffles me, good player, he has a rocket of a shot but hesitates to use it, use it more Davey. #Habs

Since we're not likely to do anything with the Sens, how many times will be go back to the well with the Ducks? Seems odd.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I really I am not a fan of either DD or Eller. I just think it's hilarious how invested people are on both sides. The sooner we upgrade both players the better off we'll be. Come on MB, do your thing!!

Better than being so invested in laughing and mocking people on this board? Cause thats all you do here and bring zero of your own opinions, just mock.

That doesnt say much about you either.

Have an opinion, debate for once instead of your normal one line responses.

Sure i get warned again for this. So be it

Pricef*

You know that this is pure, unadulterated drivel.

Pretty much the majority of your posts are specifically to denigrate the posters with opinions opposite your own.

The rest seem to brown-nose those posters that you agree with.

Try making an argument and support it with facts. It works best that way on a discussion board.

Done this many times but they are ignored because they don't fit the agenda du jour. No longer wasting time on long posts that fall on deaf ears. This place is what it is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My bad! Now, it's belong to me to chill out. Matter of facts, I just trying to figure out what's Bergevin will or not do and as you, I'm pretty bored by reading always the same names out there. I think Adam Henrique could be a decent possibility for the Habs perspective :)

It's all good, no worries. :)

I share your view, there must be better targets out there than these same names we keep hearing about.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Done this many times but they are ignored because they don't fit the agenda du jour. No longer wasting time on long posts that fall on deaf ears. This place is what it is.

You're agenda is as obvious as most. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Try to be terse in your posts and make a point. If you make a reasonable argument, you'll be rewarded with replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad