Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Backlund off the books this summer pretty much covers the Spurgeon extension, Dumba hasn't played very well per most Minny fans and he isn't putting up a ton of points so he shouldn't cost much, I don't see a crap crunch coming until the season after next one when Granlund and Nino need extensions, unless ofcourse they try to make some additions to improve their team which does kind of make sense. The core of their team is pretty much Koivu, Parise, and Suter they should try to be competitive as soon as possible while those 3 are still in their prime.

I'm assuming you mean Backstrom, but even then they're going to be tight.

Parise- 7.538
Koivu- 6.75
Vanek- 6.5
Pominville- 5.6
Coyle- 3.2
Granlund- 3
Nino - 2.667
and Zucker's bound to get at least 2M

=37.225 for 8 forwards

Suter 7.538
Brodin 4.167
Scandella 4
Spurgeon 5.188
Dumba around 1.5-2?

=22.393 for 5 D

Dubnyk 4.333
Kuemper 1.3ish?

= 5.633

+500k buyout on Cooke

=65.751 with 7 roster spots to fill. Doable, but very very little flexibility.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm assuming you mean Backstrom, but even then they're going to be tight.

Parise- 7.538
Koivu- 6.75
Vanek- 6.5
Pominville- 5.6
Coyle- 3.2
Granlund- 3
Nino - 2.667
and Zucker's bound to get at least 2M

=37.225 for 8 forwards

Suter 7.538
Brodin 4.167
Scandella 4
Spurgeon 5.188
Dumba around 1.5-2?

=22.393 for 5 D

Dubnyk 4.333
Kuemper 1.3ish?

= 5.633

+500k buyout on Cooke

=65.751 with 7 roster spots to fill. Doable, but very very little flexibility.

They are talking about a $74 million salary cap projection for next season, it'll be a breeze to make that work. I just don't see Minny having enough important guys to re-sign to make things tight on them and its a good team that can contend for a cup so guys will often take less to make things work. Calgary is probably worse off than Minny at the moment I see them going long term on both of Monahan and Gaudreau probably cost them $12 million or more to do so, then add more top 6 scoring to replace Hudler and a new starting goalie, which are a lot more costly than bottom 6 guys which account for most of Minny's remaining roster spots.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I can't help but think Chiarelli has some kind of trade in the works that he's looking to pull the trigger on once we get healthier.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't help but think Chiarelli has some kind of trade in the works that he's looking to pull the trigger on once we get healthier.

I don't know that he has something major at this point, otherwise he would've pulled the trigger. Healthy or not this team still needs help regardless and if there is a player out there that can round this team out I don't think you can afford to wait.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I don't know that he has something major at this point, otherwise he would've pulled the trigger. Healthy or not this team still needs help regardless and if there is a player out there that can round this team out I don't think you can afford to wait.

I disagree, if it's involving eberle and rnh them you absolutely have to wait for yak and mcdavid to get back. Being this tight to a playoff spot and and for example shipping rnh out before mcdavid comes back would be a disaster.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I disagree, if it's involving eberle and rnh them you absolutely have to wait for yak and mcdavid to get back. Being this tight to a playoff spot and and for example shipping rnh out before mcdavid comes back would be a disaster.

If it's for a top pairing d-man you can't afford to wait though. How many real good d-men ever get moved? McDavid or no McDavid we need a d-man to push everyone down. If that guy becomes available you real have no choice.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

What GM is going to wait for him to be ready to make the trade though?

I have a hard time believing any GM ever has anything up his sleeve, because time and time again we've been proven wrong in that assumption.

It sure would be nice though...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I have a hard time believing any GM ever has anything up his sleeve, because time and time again we've been proven wrong in that assumption.

I guess the one thing that could be up a sleeve is a bad contract for a bad contract deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

It's a catch-22. Chiarelli doesn't want to make a trade until we're healthy, but once we're healthy, he might be hesitant to make a deal because we'll look better.

I mean does anyone think the 2nd and 3rd period unfold the same way with McDavid, Yak, Klefbom, and Davidson all in the lineup last night?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It's a catch-22. Chiarelli doesn't want to make a trade until we're healthy, but once we're healthy, he might be hesitant to make a deal because we'll look better.

I mean does anyone think the 2nd and 3rd period unfold the same way with McDavid, Yak, Klefbom, and Davidson all in the lineup last night?

Yeah, you'd just hope that the management has seen enough to realize, even when healthy, there is a ton of dead weight on this team that is being dragged up by the few bright spots.

I understand everyone can't be a gamechanger, but when we're paying RNH and Eberle 6 million to play on the third line, and they're playing the way they have been, it's not going to hurt us to shake things up a bit.

The way I see it, there is room for Yak or Eberle on this team, not both. Yak is my preference at the moment because he's not as soft as eberle, but if Eberle and Mcdavid are great together, you look at moving yak.

I have time for RNH as a third line center who can move up or play wing in the top 6 in case of injury, but he'd need some real third line wingers who can be physical and chip in with a few points.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, you'd just hope that the management has seen enough to realize, even when healthy, there is a ton of dead weight on this team that is being dragged up by the few bright spots.

I understand everyone can't be a gamechanger, but when we're paying RNH and Eberle 6 million to play on the third line, and they're playing the way they have been, it's not going to hurt us to shake things up a bit.

The way I see it, there is room for Yak or Eberle on this team, not both. Yak is my preference at the moment because he's not as soft as eberle, but if Eberle and Mcdavid are great together, you look at moving yak.

I have time for RNH as a third line center who can move up or play wing in the top 6 in case of injury, but he'd need some real third line wingers who can be physical and chip in with a few points.

I think when healthy we'll roll something like this for a few games.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
RNH-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Lander-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski

Nurse-Sekera
Klefbom-Fayne
Davidson-Schultz

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
After last night who is NOT sold on Byfuglien?
The man would be a perfect addition to the team.

"pay the man his money"!!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
After last night who is NOT sold on Byfuglien?
The man would be a perfect addition to the team.

"pay the man his money"!!

*that* man his money.

He's still pretty average in his own zone, but yeah I'd love to get Byfuglien. That's a Chiarelli player if there ever was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad