Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If the Oilers move RNH, they'll probably try to get a C back as well.

Interesting to see Spurgeon re-sign today as he was a target for fans and the Wild have a couple of younger C's like Coyle that I could see the Oilers looking into.

As for Ryan Ellis, I like him, but please don't put RNH in an offer involving him. Ellis is a Yakupov deal or MAYBE an Eberle deal at best.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
The Islanders problems was they had a very shallow d core and Hamonic was still young. Hamonic is 25 now and a legit player. Adding the depth made them a better team.

My reasoning for the 3 way trade was I can see the Islanders needing RNH and it was a way for teams to come out winners.

I get the reasoning just don't like the value if we can do a 3 way where only RNH and a small + leave and Hamonc and a small + come in I might be able to get behind it, I really just don't like the top 10 pick for the rest of the pieces.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Interesting to see Spurgeon re-sign today as he was a target for fans and the Wild have a couple of younger C's like Coyle that I could see the Oilers looking into.

As for Ryan Ellis, I like him, but please don't put RNH in an offer involving him. Ellis is a Yakupov deal or MAYBE an Eberle deal at best.
I could see them moving Brodin or Scandella. To bad Brodin is another left shot, he would be a huge target for me, especially with Klefbom and Brodin being close.

RNH+ for Brodin, Coyle would be great. Sadly that leaves 4/4 of our d as left shots but whatever lol

McDeathbyCheerios*

I get the reasoning just don't like the value if we can do a 3 way where only RNH and a small + leave and Hamonc and a small + come in I might be able to get behind it, I really just don't like the top 10 pick for the rest of the pieces.
RNH, Lander, Prosoect for Brodin, Coyle

Brodin + for Hamonic?

I dunno anymore.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's Seth Jones or no deal. No way to Ryan Ellis.

Not only does he fill lots of our needs (not just any D, but a RHD with offensive upside), but we have his brother in the organization too.

No way do we accept anything less than that.

RNH is not only a no.1 C at 22 years old, he's cost controlled at $6 mill per for many more years to come -- attractive for Nashville. Ryan Johansen is not and is likely going to ask for $7-$8+ mill given the inflating rate of contracts.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
What's NSH's risk? They get a solid top six C that can play a two-way game and still has his best years ahead of him. Still have great D depth regardless.

We get a guy who hasn't played tough competition yet who's lost his scoring ability for the last 15 GP who MIGHT be a No.1 or 2 in 2 years.

I like the potential of Jones, but Oiler fans are getting caught in the hype. The potential of Jones isn't worth the asking price in my opinion. I bet NSH doesn't even move Jones unless it's RNH+

That's an overrated aspect of his game perpetuated by some fans to compensate for the fact that he's lost his dynamic offensive ability.

If he had a strong 2-way game, or he was producing like a true #1C, he would not be in trade rumors. Period. The bottom line is, he has stagnated in development and he's just not a good fit here anymore, which is why the Oilers need to change things up. He doesn't have enough value to fetch us a legit #1D, so we need to take the gamble on potential.

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's an overrated aspect of his game perpetuated by some fans to compensate for the fact that he's lost his dynamic offensive ability.

If he had a strong 2-way game, or he was producing like a true #1C, he would not be in trade rumors. Period. The bottom line is, he has stagnated in development and he's just not a good fit here anymore, which is why the Oilers need to change things up. He doesn't have enough value to fetch us a legit #1D, so we need to take the gamble on potential.
If he had a strong two way game he wouldn't be on the ice for over half our goals lately against.

He was very good at the end of last year. Hasnt been this season.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

A 22 year old kid on pace for 57 points despite facing toughest competition has lost his offensive ability. :help:

He's in trade rumors because Oiler fan logic is that "we have Draisaitl and McDavid so we don't need depth anymore, RNH is expendable as he is the oldest and has the least amount of growth left"

I'd rather have the C depth and find a different way to improve on D. He's still a fine fit here, his development continues because he's still only 22 years old, and I do believe he can fetch us a legit #1 D in the right move.

The fans on HF are so "what have you done for me lately" that they would have moved Hall, dealt Leon after his rough start last year and torpedoed the franchise into the ground.

I would maybe consider Brodin + Coyle for RNH but even then, Brodin has struggled this season so I'd likely say no at this point.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
What's NSH's risk? They get a solid top six C that can play a two-way game and still has his best years ahead of him. Still have great D depth regardless.

We get a guy who hasn't played tough competition yet who's lost his scoring ability for the last 15 GP who MIGHT be a No.1 or 2 in 2 years.

I like the potential of Jones, but Oiler fans are getting caught in the hype. The potential of Jones isn't worth the asking price in my opinion. I bet NSH doesn't even move Jones unless it's RNH+

The risk is they give up a potential top pairing defenseman for a centerman who hasn't shown much growth in his career. Weber drops off and RNH continues on the way he is, and in 5 years it's a bad deal for them.

Maybe Jones doesn't pan out, but the Oilers still have two centermen better than RNH, who are also both younger.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The risk is they give up a potential top pairing defenseman for a centerman who hasn't shown much growth in his career. Weber drops off and RNH continues on the way he is, and in 5 years it's a bad deal for them.

Maybe Jones doesn't pan out, but the Oilers still have two centermen better than RNH, who are also both younger.

If Weber drops off, NSH still has Josi. It could be worse. Plus RNH continuing the way he is would be great for NSH, 55 point C that can play against tough competition. The key word with Jones is potential. He has potential to be the next Cody Franson too.

Also Draisaitl has been better for like, 20 GP. Hope it keeps up, and it should in theory, but we don't make decisions based off of 20 GP unless it's someone more minor on the roster. Otherwise Yakupov would have been a stalwart No.1 RW after the lockout year forever.

Would this be a possible consideration for the teams involved?

To EDM: Josi
To MIN: RNH, Musil, NSH 4th in 2016
To NSH: Brodin, Coyle, Reinhart, EDM 1st in 2016 or 2017 (team choice)

Probably doesn't get us anywhere with Poile.

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
If Weber drops off, NSH still has Josi. It could be worse. Plus RNH continuing the way he is would be great for NSH, 55 point C that can play against tough competition. The key word with Jones is potential. He has potential to be the next Cody Franson too.

Also Draisaitl has been better for like, 20 GP. Hope it keeps up, and it should in theory, but we don't make decisions based off of 20 GP unless it's someone more minor on the roster. Otherwise Yakupov would have been a stalwart No.1 RW after the lockout year forever.

Would this be a possible consideration for the teams involved?

To EDM: Josi
To MIN: RNH, Musil, NSH 4th in 2016
To NSH: Brodin, Coyle, Reinhart, EDM 1st in 2016 or 2017 (team choice)

Agree with your sentiments regarding Drai hope he keeps it up but wanna see it for at least a full season preferably two before I deal RNH without a replacement coming in.

As for your 3 way deal I don't think NSH accepts as they are still not getting their #1 center.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

There may be qualms about Drai, but there are none about Mcdavid, nor should there be.

All Drai needs to do is be a decent 2nd line C, and he's already showing that he has potential to be much better than just that.

Last edited:

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Would anyone claim him if they waived him? I think he clears because he makes almost 4 million.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Would anyone claim him if they waived him? I think he clears because he makes almost 4 million.

Before waiving Schultz, I'd try him at forward for kicks.

But I don't know if he'd clear or not.

My guess is he wouldn't, and I still think he has trade value in project deals AKA struggling player with talent for struggling player with talent types of trades.

I mean, Rob Scuderi had trade value.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

My guess is he wouldn't, and I still think he has trade value in project deals AKA struggling player with talent for struggling player with talent types of trades.

I agree with trying him at forward before we dump him. I would be very mad if they didn't try it.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Hypothetically, if Byfuglien signs with Winnipeg long term at 6-7 per, and accepts a trade, would we do...

Byfuglien
Ladd (UFA)

For

RNH
J. Schultz (UFA)
+ Conditional Pick (2nd if Ladd re-signs, 3rd if he doesn't)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Schultz at forward would be Teddy Purcell, but smaller and even less productive.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Hypothetically, if Byfuglien signs with Winnipeg long term at 6-7 per, and accepts a trade, would we do...

Byfuglien
Ladd (UFA)

For

RNH
J. Schultz (UFA)
+ Conditional Pick (2nd if Ladd re-signs, 3rd if he doesn't)

If Buff signs for that kind of a deal the Jets won't be trading him. They'll happily keep him at that price.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's Seth Jones or no deal. No way to Ryan Ellis.

Not only does he fill lots of our needs (not just any D, but a RHD with offensive upside), but we have his brother in the organization too.

No way do we accept anything less than that.

RNH is not only a no.1 C at 22 years old, he's cost controlled at $6 mill per for many more years to come -- attractive for Nashville. Ryan Johansen is not and is likely going to ask for $7-$8+ mill given the inflating rate of contracts.

Sure he's controlled.... at an inflated rate for what he brings to the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if RNH's contract hurts his value, rather than helping it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd do it once McDavid got healthy. Scary, but our D should be in a pretty good spot after that.

Does Seth Jones really make this team better today?

The Oilers need a defenseman who can play tough minutes and flourish. Jones gets easy minutes and right now is performing so so with them.

The idea of a Nurse-Jones pairing obviously has me drooling for long term. But I'm not sure Jones is the guy who can take this team to the next level defensively. He's still learning the ropes.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

No way I do Eberle for Ellis and why do you guys want Collins paying 4 mil for the next 4 years and playing on the 3rd line

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Sure he's controlled.... at an inflated rate for what he brings to the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if RNH's contract hurts his value, rather than helping it.

Please take a look at other centre men what they get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad