Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXXIII: Spend Like Drunken Sailors Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
That's so overblown. I don't care if he's insane, he's a cup winning goaltender who won a Vezina 2 seasons ago. On a 1 year deal there's virtually no risk. If he succeeds, you have a top 5 goalie. If not, you cut your losses and move on. He makes this team a better hockey club.

OJ Simpson won a Heisman trophy and was a multiple time all-star. I bet you would have signed him to a contract in the 90s too.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
No.

If the prices were low, we'd have seen some of these guys dealt.

This is not your typical supply demand theorem. Supply is high....demand is low...prices are high :laugh:

Give it a few days. I think several GM's are just waiting on seeing what cap situations are like before making significant trades.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I would have preferred they trade for a goalie prospect, but seems like a good signing for OKC, and maybe more if he has a strong year. Hopefully this means MacT is still working on some things today.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
I would have preferred they trade for a goalie prospect, but seems like a good signing for OKC, and maybe more if he has a strong year. Hopefully this means MacT is still working on some things today.
they have enough goalie prospects thats bad asset management they need to spend assets on bottom 6 and defense

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
That's so overblown. I don't care if he's insane, he's a cup winning goaltender who won a Vezina 2 seasons ago. On a 1 year deal there's virtually no risk. If he succeeds, you have a top 5 goalie. If not, you cut your losses and move on. He makes this team a better hockey club.

MacT uses the word "character" like 30 times in every interview. Sure Timmy won a cup, but he often talked about himself and skipped their White House cup celebration because of his political views. Very childish and selfish. The B's were all pissed about that and I don't blame them.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Would people consider trading Sam Gagner to Columbus for Brandon Dubinsky+Nick Foglino? Gagner has the best offence and highest ceiling of them all, but the other two would complete our top 6.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
There's kind of a big difference between a guy who was on trial for murder and a guy who lets politics dictate his life too much.

OJ was falsely accused, as he was found innocent of all charges. So really it's the comparison of a persecuted man and a guy who lets politics dictate his life .... ;)

Ranford#30

Oct 21, 2005
Would people consider trading Sam Gagner to Columbus for Brandon Dubinsky+Nick Foglino? Gagner has the best offence and highest ceiling of them all, but the other two would complete our top 6.

Never want to give up the best player, but I like Dubinsky and Foligno can move between the 3rd and 2nd line.

I like Gagner, but his game up is a little too one dimensional. Maybe he improves, but I haven't seen enough evidence, especially face-offs. Good in the room though and has been a good soldier.

Tough call, but I think I'd do it. A good hockey trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad