Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXXIII: Spend Like Drunken Sailors Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
MacT should be phoning Philli every second minute today trying to get a deal done around Coburn. They need to shed salary and he is a perfect fit in Edmonton.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
We need to re-evaluate what "untouchable" means.. because we have way too many players deemed "untouchable"

Hall
RNH
Eberle
Yakupov
Schultz

Yeah what kind of weirdos would call the best players on the team (all of whom are under 25) untouchable. Crazy. We should be dealing some of these kids for SIZE and GRIT.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I really don't think that the Sens should be angry with Alfredson. He only made a million last year.

Detroit threw mad money at him and they've got a pretty complete team.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ton apparently:

August 2, 2005 - Chris Pronger To Edm

August 3, 2005 - Mike Peca To Edm

August 2, 2007 - Dustin Penner OS

To name a few...

Misleading

UFA period that year opened in August.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I would trade MPS, gagner, and 2014 1st for E. Kane and them grab Grabovski.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
It never ends. People are talking about August, it's July 5th. Complain about August when it's August, or at least double-digits into July.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really don't think that the Sens should be angry with Alfredson. He only made a million last year.

Detroit threw mad money at him and they've got a pretty complete team.

The rumors earlier in the week were Ottawa were going to give Alfie 1 or 2 years at very similar money to what he got in Detroit.

Alfie left one 7th place team to go to another. Both who were knocked out in round 2.

I'd be a bit pissed if I were Ottawa fans.

JustinCider

Dec 15, 2005
Earth
MacT should be all over Philly until they solve they're cap problems. Coburn would be perfect.

As for Hemsky, I think he may end up staying here until the trade deadline. OTT was a solid fit, but they picked up Ryan, actually, they stole him. I'm not sure who else out there would have a need for a 5 million dollar player, who hasn't been living up to that number.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Boston guy on Ched is talking up Ference sounds exactly like what we need.

I found the stuff on Seguin pretty amusing... them having to post a security guard outside his room during the playoffs to make sure he wouldn't leave in the middle of the night to party. :laugh:

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Yeah I'm a Gagner fan and I'd be down for signing Grabs and then using Gagner+MPS+pick to improve elsewhere.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Not if they are asking for Smid. :shakehead

I don't know why, but I have this stupid evil feeling that Smid is actually on the trade market.

If he went to Philly we'd be getting more than Coburn back. It would certainly be a multi player trade and we'd be getting more salary back and on paper we'd be a better team. Or that would be the intention.

Regardless, I don't want to see Smid go.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Daniel Alfredsson: "It pretty much came down to a selfish decision." Says he didn't have the time to wait for #sens to be a contender.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
The rumors earlier in the week were Ottawa were going to give Alfie 1 or 2 years at very similar money to what he got in Detroit.

Alfie left one 7th place team to go to another. Both who were knocked out in round 2.

I'd be a bit pissed if I were Ottawa fans.

It wasn't the money for him, it was the money they were (or in this case were not) willing to spend elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad