Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXXIII: Spend Like Drunken Sailors Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Look at Carlyle's coaching history and remind me of a time where his top 2 lines play hard minutes.

I'll wait for your reply :laugh:

Toronto still has 10M in cap space, more then enough to bring in some help on the wings. I see them dealing one of Gunnarsson or Franson though. Can't see them being able to afford both. Wonder if Toronto would take a Petry for Franson deal straight up?

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Marcus Foligno is not a top-6 forward.

His potential his huge. He is the ideal winger for Nuge and Ebs. Brings size, toughness, grit and scoring ability.

He would be the forechecker for that line, digging pucks out of corners and being menace in front of net. He is Lucic-lite.

Your comment is probably based on lack of knowledge and viewings.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
His potential his huge. He is the ideal winger for Nuge and Ebs. Brings size, toughness, grit and scoring ability.

He would be the forechecker for that line, digging pucks out of corners and being menace in front of net. He is Lucic-lite.

Your comment is probably based on lack of knowledge and viewings.

Yeah, I don't think we're talking about the same player. He's a bigger, less talented version of his brother Nick.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Toronto still has 10M in cap space, more then enough to bring in some help on the wings. I see them dealing one of Gunnarsson or Franson though. Can't see them being able to afford both. Wonder if Toronto would take a Petry for Franson deal straight up?

Franson will be dealt for sure. We discussed this yesterday.

Kulemin? Would be stupid on their part.

Then again, choosing Bolland or Bozak instead of Grabo was stupid too.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
compensation is based on total money divided by 5 or deal length in years, whatever shorter. your proposal would be compensated at 11.8m, that'd be 4 1sts.

Well that sucks, I guess we could try 8.4M each year for 7 years but I think St. Louis matches. I think we'd have a better shot at going after Rask at 7M per for 7 years. Boston may have a hard time matching that with there current cap situation.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Franson will be dealt for sure. We discussed this yesterday.

Kulemin? Would be stupid on their part.

Then again, choosing Bolland or Bozak instead of Grabo was stupid too.

Bozak > Grabo IMO, and thats before you factor in the price. Bozak was a 21 min a night guy for them last year, better on faceoffs, better defensively, more physical. The only thing Grabo has on Bozak is that he may score a few more points a year.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
That's fair. I just think you can have a defence by committee kinda thing going on with several 2nd pairing guys and an elite goalie.

Plus I really like Timmy :laugh:

Thomas hasn't played in a full year. Goalie market was musical chairs this year.

Both Bryz and Thomas are left standing barring other things going down (Luongo retiring as one example).

Goalie market is so overflooded that Buffalo can't move Miller...Anaheim can't move Hiller...St Louis can't move Halak.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I don't know why Tim Thomas isn't getting more interest. Yes he's crazy but if he can still play you have a 2 time Vezina winner in net. Give him a 1 year deal at something like 4 million.

Get er done Mac T.

You just answered your own question. He is insane. I'm not sure that I'd want him around the youngsters. Plus, I seriously doubt he'd come to Canada, even Alberta.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Bozak > Grabo IMO, and thats before you factor in the price. Bozak was a 21 min a night guy for them last year, better on faceoffs, better defensively, more physical. The only thing Grabo has on Bozak is that he may score a few more points a year.

I don't love Grabo or anything but the guy played very tough minutes this year. He's gonna be a gem of a free agent signing whoever picks him up

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Thomas hasn't played in a full year. Goalie market was musical chairs this year.

Both Bryz and Thomas are left standing barring other things going down (Luongo retiring as one example).

Goalie market is so overflooded that Buffalo can't move Miller...Anaheim can't move Hiller...St Louis can't move Halak.

Then that makes it the perfect time to buy low on a goaltender.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Yeah, I don't think we're talking about the same player. He's a bigger, less talented version of his brother Nick.

Yeah you aren't talking about the same player. Marcus is better than Nick. Marcus development his final year in junior and play since is evidence.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah you aren't talking about the same player. Marcus is better than Nick. Marcus development his final year in junior and play since is evidence.

Yes, when he was bigger and stronger then his competition, that seems to happen often.

Marcus Foligno is pretty overrated on these boards, I don't see a top-6 forward there, top-9 maybe, but not top-6.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
You just answered your own question. He is insane. I'm not sure that I'd want him around the youngsters. Plus, I seriously doubt he'd come to Canada, even Alberta.

That's so overblown. I don't care if he's insane, he's a cup winning goaltender who won a Vezina 2 seasons ago. On a 1 year deal there's virtually no risk. If he succeeds, you have a top 5 goalie. If not, you cut your losses and move on. He makes this team a better hockey club.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Well that sucks, I guess we could try 8.4M each year for 7 years but I think St. Louis matches. I think we'd have a better shot at going after Rask at 7M per for 7 years. Boston may have a hard time matching that with there current cap situation.

Bruins aren't letting Khudobin go if they aren't close with Rask. he will not get offersheeted.

Edit: and now Chairelli confirms it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad