Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | The Answer in Goal is NOT in the Room, Get Us a Damn Goalie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Dying on that hill for the stupidest of reasons.
I don't disagree. However, at this stage of the season to not put your best foot forward to make the playoffs just because Holland wants to save face is a serious offense.
This IS the Oilers we're talking about. Holland very much oozes that Oiler arrogance we've come to see from Lowe and others. I hope we don't see anymore two year deals in the offseason for depth/aging players.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Does anyone know if Mark Pysyk can play at all? Because a deal where the Oilers move Smith, Prospect and 4th to the Sabres for Anderson and Pysyk makes a ton of sense for the Oilers, imo.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Does anyone know if Mark Pysyk can play at all? Because a deal where the Oilers move Smith, Prospect and 4th to the Sabres for Anderson and Pysyk makes a ton of sense for the Oilers, imo.
Pysyk has been really good for Buffalo this year. Have read nothing but glowing reports on him from most Sabres fans.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Why not waive Smith, run with Koskinen and Skinner rest of the season?
Other option maybe be trade/waive smith. Trade for a backup that can play some games behind koski. Then try to let skinner finish the year in Bakersfield and work on things for next year. The plan might be running skinner and a new goalie next year.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I find it funny that fans here are asking for a trade for a goalie when Koskinen's probably got one of the best save % and GAA in the league in the past 10 games. So what do we do now? Dump the hottest goalie in the league and downgrade for a cup winning goalie who is on the downswing? Oilers gonna do what Oiler fans demand. Make a trade to downgrade the team, yup, let's do just that.
It's a tough one. Nothing hilarious about SAMPLE SIZE though.

You apply sample sizes to everything. He has good numbers under Woodcroft and played better just before him. Do you just forget getting a goalie and risk flushing another playoffs down the toilet because he has been good his last 9 games?

I wish we could keep Kosko as a backup and try to get an upgrade, but we have the old fart here (Smith). Just a terrible signing by Holland.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I find it funny that fans here are asking for a trade for a goalie when Koskinen's probably got one of the best save % and GAA in the league in the past 10 games. So what do we do now? Dump the hottest goalie in the league and downgrade for a cup winning goalie who is on the downswing? Oilers gonna do what Oiler fans demand. Make a trade to downgrade the team, yup, let's do just that.

You have a habit of sitting on your high horse and insinuating or directly calling other people stupid.

Meanwhile the content of your posts leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You have a habit of sitting on your high horse and insinuating, or directly calling other people stupid.

He's basically a grumpy troll at this point, not someone we should take with any seriousness.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
You have a habit of sitting on your high horse and insinuating or directly calling other people stupid.

Ha ha. Who are you criticizing? I can’t tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad