Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | The Answer in Goal is NOT in the Room, Get Us a Damn Goalie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah I don’t know what your talking about. Archibald has been probably our most consistent bottom 6 winger for years. All year we’ve been playing guys like Turris, Benson, Perlini to try and plug that hole. None of them are close.

Malone ok but not stupendous today. Fourth line still a work in progress.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Josh Anderson @ 50% for Puljujarvi or Holloway.

That will give us a pretty cheap top RWer for the next 5 yrs and these playoffs.

Reactions: gordonhught

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Until he falls off a cliff in a couple years. Yikes. Give me the cheap young guys.
The guy is 27 , younger than Hyman, Nuge and Nurse and only one yr older than Drai.
I like Holloway more for sure but Anderson in his prime years for that cheap would be too good to pass up on.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
So why not both especially if MTL is willing to retain a couple mil per ..
Couple reasons. For one they probably aren’t. Second Jesse really isn’t that far off from doing the same thing with a better all around game.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Josh Anderson @ 50% for Puljujarvi or Holloway.

That will give us a pretty cheap top RWer for the next 5 yrs and these playoffs.

not giving up Holloway for a 27 year old who could be on the decline in about 1.5 seasons. Don’t need a Lucic/Kass 2.0 situation

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
No idea if Archibald is going to play this year. However the non-vaccination status is a headache to try to shoehorn a player who can't likely play every game with cross border travel. I'd probably be inclined to test drive a cheaper, bigger Brad Malone ($1.5 million vs. $750,000) who can also play centre/wing.

If healthy, Archibald might, maybe, possibly ... have a bit of value to an American team looking for a character, veteran energy player. Try to get an asset, any asset and move on if that's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig