Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think we are a Hamonic away from competing for the playoffs. I think we are a Hamonic and a year of Nurse + Klef + McDavid developing away from contending.

Trade Eberle+ for Hamonic and one of their defensively responsible forward. NYI are loaded with good two-way players. Something we lack.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think we are a Hamonic away from competing for the playoffs. I think we are a Hamonic and a year of Nurse + Klef + McDavid developing away from contending.

Trade Eberle+ for Hamonic and one of their defensively responsible forward. NYI are loaded with good two-way players. Something we lack.
Landing say Hamonic and Nelson would be great.

Our biggest needs right now...

Top 2 Defender (Like Hamonic)
A true #1 goalie
A legit 3c on a decent contract.

With a good goalie and a top defender we will oddly score more goals. One of the biggest stifflers on offense is butchering creativity in fear that a mistake will auto lead to a goal against. With solid guys on the back end and a really steady goalie guys will be more confident offensively because they will no longer be afraid.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Yeah I still like the idea of Eberle for Hamonic simply because it gives us another 2.1 mill of cap flex

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Exactly. As I said, he laid ONE big hit on the guy 6 years ago. And if I recall, Hall went on to have a hell of a game and ultimately was named tournament MVP.

Again, I love Hamonic's game (and more than just a single hit), but he's not Scott Stevens.

Pretty sure Hall got a hattrick that game.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Let's do an activity.

Here is the cant moves for next year in the lineup. Use the rest to fill in the blanks, trade them or sign others.

Hall - Draisaitl - Blank
Blank - McDavid - Blank
Blank - Blank - Blank
Hendricks - Letetsu - Korpi

Klefbom - Blank
Nurse - Sekera
Blank - Blank

Blank
Blank

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
Let's do an activity.

Here is the cant moves for next year in the lineup. Use the rest to fill in the blanks, trade them or sign others.

Hall - Draisaitl - Blank
Blank - McDavid - Blank
Blank - Blank - Blank

Klefbom - Blank
Nurse - Sekera
Blank - Blank

Blank
Blank

Letestu? Letestu? Really? Letestu is a "can't move". He will be lucky to beat out internal competition next year.

As I have said many times before, moving RNH would be so foolish:

When everyone was rambling about trading Drasaitl after we got Connor I brought up the fact that if we have an injury to RNH or McDavid then we are down to one centre that belongs in the top 9. Injuries happen....RNH has spent considerable time on the IR, etc

Centre is the most important positions. Moving or replacing wingers is lot easier. Should there be a significant career lmiting injury to one of our two guys this team is back at square one...trying to find a top 6 centre which no team wants to give up.

On top of all of that. RNH brings so much more than offence. He is second in TOI and one the best two way forwards. What's wrong with having such a great versatile forward. His cap hit in two years going to look lik a steal with the cap going up in each of the next two year. Complete non-sense trade one of those three. I would hate to see Eberle go but if we would trade him and one of the wingers goes down we can move one of those cenres to wing. You cannot move Eberle to centre if one of them goes down.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Letestu? Letestu? Really? Letestu is a "can't move". He will be lucky to beat out internal competition next year.

As I have said many times before, moving RNH would be so foolish:

When everyone was rambling about trading Drasaitl after we got Connor I brought up the fact that if we have an injury to RNH or McDavid then we are down to one centre that belongs in the top 9. Injuries happen....RNH has spent considerable time on the IR, etc

Centre is the most important positions. Moving or replacing wingers is lot easier. Should there be a significant career lmiting injury to one of our two guys this team is back at square one...trying to find a top 6 centre which no team wants to give up.

On top of all of that. RNH brings so much more than offence. He is second in TOI and one the best two way forwards. What's wrong with having such a great versatile forward. His cap hit in two years going to look lik a steal with the cap going up in each of the next two year. Complete non-sense trade one of those three. I would hate to see Eberle go but if we would trade him and one of the wingers goes down we can move one of those cenres to wing. You cannot move Eberle to centre if one of them goes down.
Did I say we had to move RNH. No you can use him to fill a blank or trade him.

You could out him on McDavids wing or use him as the 3c taking more shutdown minutes or ya you could trade him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
what are you referring to here?

A poster that has made claims in the past that didn't come through made another claim. If he'd like to PM the mods what he knows and if it comes to fruition his status as a source would definitely be revisited.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
A poster that has made claims in the past that didn't come through made another claim. If he'd like to PM the mods what he knows and if it comes to fruition his status as a source would definitely be revisited.

ah i see, that is why i can't see the post, a mod must have deleted it... thanks for clarification

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Moving RNH would be ridiculous. This team is not ready to move him.

Heres what I'd like to see for next year.

Pouliot-RNH-XXX
Hall-Draisaitl-XXX
XXX - McDavid - Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-XXX

Sekera-XXX
Nurse-Klefbom
Reinhart-XXX

Goalies: Some combination of Talbot, Nilsson, Brossoit, and XXX. Too early to say.

Eberle gets traded for defence.

Filling two top wing roles could be very challenging.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Let's do an activity.

Hall - Draisaitl - Blank
Blank - McDavid - Blank
Blank - Blank - Blank

Klefbom - Blank
Nurse - Sekera
Blank - Blank

Blank
Blank
Eberle, 2nd for Seth Jones (Yes I know they need center but this is for next year and they need scoring and could sign Kopitar, Staal or even Stamkos)
Yakupov for Eller, DSP, 2nd
Fayne, 2nd for Kari Lehtonen
Resign Purcell at 2 years at 2.75
Sign Okposo 5 at 6.25

Hall - Draisaitl - Purcell
RNH - McDavid - Okposo
Pouliot - Eller - DSP

Klefbom - Jones
Nurse - Sekera
Reinhart - Davidson
Gryba

Lehtonen
Nilsson

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pouliot-RNH-XXX
Hall-Draisaitl-XXX
XXX - McDavid - Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-XXX

Sekera-XXX
Nurse-Klefbom
Reinhart-XXX

Goalies: Some combination of Talbot, Nilsson, Brossoit, and XXX. Too early to say.

Running 3 scoring lines is a myth. It doesn't happen.

birchy

Jun 30, 2014

Pouliot-RNH-XXX
Hall-Draisaitl-XXX
XXX - McDavid - Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-XXX

Sekera-XXX
Nurse-Klefbom
Reinhart-XXX

McDavid won't be a 3C next year.. he'll be #1 or #2 at worst. If he's a true generational (like he sure seems to be in the small sample size we saw), he'll win the Art Ross next year.

Sorry to nitpick about ONE positional on your whole lineup.. but I needed to say it. :)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McDavid won't be a 3C next year.. he'll be #1 or #2 at worst. If he's a true generational (like he sure seems to be in the small sample size we saw), he'll win the Art Ross next year.

Sorry to nitpick about ONE positional on your whole lineup.. but I needed to say it. :)

if all 3 lines get 18min\night and producing equally then there is no difference between 1C and 3C ..

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nashville hasn't scored in 3 games... Maybe a trade can be made there. I know they need centers as their fans say but I could see their management maybe moving Jones for Eberle. 3 games shutout is embarrassing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
if all 3 lines get 18min\night and producing equally then there is no difference between 1C and 3C ..

This is the point.

You play the Hall-Drai, Pouliot-RNH, and McDavid-Yak lines pretty similar ice time and have the 4th line sponge whatever is left.

Target Eriksson and Brouwer/McGinn/Nielsen in free agency, all of whom are solid two way players, maybe you re-sign Purcell if he keeps up his decent play (at a severely reduced price)

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eriksson
McGinn/Nielsen/Brouwer-McDavid-Yak

McDeathbyCheerios*

This is the point.

You play the Hall-Drai, Pouliot-RNH, and McDavid-Yak lines pretty similar ice time and have the 4th line sponge whatever is left.

Target Eriksson and Brouwer/McGinn/Nielsen in free agency, maybe you re-sign Purcell if he keeps up his decent play (at a severely reduced price)

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eriksson
McGinn/Nielsen/Brouwer-McDavid-Yak
I don't see it working though. I have never seen an NHL team have 3 good scoring lines and have it work. It gets tried for a few games then things get heavily shaken up to have 2 good lines.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't see it working though. I have never seen an NHL team have 3 good scoring lines and have it work. It gets tried for a few games then things get heavily shaken up to have 2 good lines.

And if that's what happens, that can happen if the targets are Eriksson and Nielsen.

Hall-RNH-Drai
Pouliot-McDavid-Eriksson
Purcell-Nielsen-Yakupov.

Same players, but still much improved. Shouldn't cost more cap than what Eberle and Purcell currently cost, and we're still free of Nikitin and Scrivens' hits for the defenceman we need.

McDeathbyCheerios*

And if that's what happens, that can happen if the targets are Eriksson and Nielsen.

Hall-RNH-Drai
Pouliot-McDavid-Eriksson
Purcell-Nielsen-Yakupov.

Same players, but still much improved. Shouldn't cost more cap than what Eberle and Purcell currently cost, and we're still free of Nikitin and Scrivens' hits for the defenceman we need.
Which is fine.

I just hate that people get their hopes up that with McDavid back we will have 3 scoring lines and dominate. Which we won't. We might have 2 scoring lines again but trying for 3 spreads the talent to thin.

To jump start McDsvid I could see us running

Hall - McDavid - Drai for a few games. Maybe the Hall and Drai chemistry will help McDavid explode back into play

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You move Eberle or Yakupov before you try to move Nuge IMO. Having three good centers is never a bad thing, especially because Leon has shown he can play the wing when needed. There's always going to be those cheap secondary scoring wingers available in free agency anyways. Gives us way more options when injuries occur. For me, you don't even consider moving McD, Hall, Drai, RNH (unless it's really worth it) for help on the backend. If Eberle or Yakupov being the center piece for a defenseman can't get it done, I'd rather see them be patient and go after another Sekera type.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Three scoring lines is definitely a pipe dream, the offense would be watered down.

The reality is, that even though we have 7 talented forwards, only Hall and McDavid are capable of anchoring a scoring line at this point. Draisaitl may get there too, but I won't include him yet due to his small sample size.

Pouliot, Eberle and Yakupov are complimentary players. They can produce offense, but also have many nights where they accomplish very little, even playing with our best players.

RNH is somewhere in between at this point. Better than a complimentary player, but his impact on a game-to-game basis can fluctuate a lot. He always looks very smooth out there, but some nights he looks elite, and many others he just looks ordinary and ineffectual.

Probably 4-5 of the above 7 guys will be here long-term (Hall, McDavid, Draisaitl, and 1 or 2 of the others). Lines 1 and 2 should utilize those guys. There just isn't enough ice-time to go around with inevitable penalties etc to have 3 scoring lines. And as I've stated above, only a few of these players are elite, the rest are just good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad