Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
But yakupov doesn't really fill a need anymore does he? If he can get us a good defender in a package deal then sign me up

I think his skill set compliments McFranchise perfectly. He's fast enough to keep up and skilled enough to not kill the play on the rush, he's physical and hard working enough to support the play on the boards, and he doesn't need the puck a whole lot other than to shoot meaning McDavid can carry the biscuit. If Yakupov wasn't a former 1st overall we'd all be giddy to have him, he's still a solid young player and he comes cheap at 2.5ish. If they want him straight across for Hamonic i'd probably do it but i'm not panicking to get rid of him either. Many of his drafted peers are still in the minors at his age and it was considered a weak draft, i think he's probably going to be a solid 50-60 point guy. I'd love to see Hall-Draisaitl, McDavid-Yakupov, Hopkins-Eberle top 9 longterm while sprinkling in a Pouliot, Purcell, or UFA in here and there. If Calgary can land Hamilton for picks why can't we get a player of similar stature/value without giving up a top notch player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At intermission Sportsnet stated Hammonic to WIN or MIN best bets

Well that would suck, especially if he goes to Winnipeg. They are already a big and tough team.

Hamonic gets traded when Schultz is healthy

It'd be nice if we could land him, but it won't be for Yak + unless Snow is high on Yak or something else :sarcasm:

Man, when was the last time a 1st overall's value dropped into the toilet like his is?

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
At intermission Sportsnet stated Hammonic to WIN or MIN best bets

Which Sportsnet guys said this?

I still don't think either make sense. WPG loaded on RHD and makes no sense to give up Trouba. Myers isn't as good imo but Chelveldayoff rarely makes trades and just acquired.

Minnesota makes even less sense. Their beat guy said they need a forward more and they can't afford to take on his cap hit. Moving Scandella for him is a lateral move and Spurgeon's cheaper and has RFA years left.

Why move Brodin? and the rest are irrelevant.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

I still don't think either make sense. WPG loaded on RHD and makes no sense to give up Trouba. Myers isn't as good imo but Chelveldayoff rarely makes trades and just acquired.

Minnesota makes even less sense. Their beat guy said they need a forward more and they can't afford to take on his cap hit. Moving Scandella for him is a lateral move and Spurgeon's cheaper and has RFA years left.

Spurgeon won't be cheaper next season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Hamonic needs to be close to Winnipeg. That's why it's Winn or Minn. I get a strong impression that other teams are included in some of these lists as a GM ploy by Snow just to create a bargaining position.

To me it's only Winnipeg. Winnipeg sucks and are trending to miss the playoffs, so making a shakeup trade for Hamonic makes a ton of sense.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
they say that Hamonic requested a trade in the summer, so there's probably not a big rush to get this deal done. Schultz is due back soon. The Isles will get a chance to scout him for a while. Maybe then a trade there will be possible

This is what is going to happen........ Jultz is going to come back and play lights out for like 2 weeks which convinces the Isles to do the deal. The oilers back out at the last minute because they fall in love with Jultz all over again and figure he is finally reaching his potential. Within a week or two Hambone gets traded to Winnipeg and Jultz has his back blown out ending his career....:bb:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If I actually had to bet real money on the "Hamonic sweepstakes"... I would say odds of getting him are like 70% Winnipeg and 20% Minny... the rest of the teams are a combined 10% (probably less).

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This is what is going to happen........ Jultz is going to come back and play lights out for like 2 weeks which convinces the Isles to do the deal. The oilers back out at the last minute because they fall in love with Jultz all over again and figure he is finally reaching his potential. Within a week or two Hambone gets traded to Winnipeg and Jultz has his back blown out ending his career....:bb:

Hamonic has injury issues as well... that physical style of play (and high minutes doing so) will make him deteriorate faster than average. I expect him to have an Andy Sutton type body (breaking down) by the time he hits 30 or so... of course that's still likely half a decade of "good" out of him... but he'll likely miss good chunks of seasons in the next 5 years as well.

This current issue with his family takes a toll mentally as well no doubt which is something else to take into account.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Hamonic has injury issues as well... that physical style of play (and high minutes doing so) will make him deteriorate faster than average. I expect him to have an Andy Sutton type body (breaking down) by the time he hits 30 or so... of course that's still likely half a decade of "good" out of him... but he'll likely miss good chunks of seasons in the next 5 years as well.

This current issue with his family takes a toll mentally as well no doubt which is something else to take into account.
He's had 2 concussions, a knee injury, a broken nose to name some of the injuries. How fast would his body break down in the Western Conference.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He's had 2 concussions, a knee injury, a broken nose to name some of the injuries. How fast would his body break down in the Western Conference.

Yeah that worries me, too.

But if we somehow ended up going into next year with

Klefbom-Jones
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Reinhart

Well...assuming we still had 5 top forwards, i"d be impressed.

Dreams. Tenderfoot dreams.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I'm not overly concerned about injury issues for the style he plays a certain level is to be expected and I don't see lingering effects, I think many people will have to re-evaluate what is a high number of concussions, with the new concussion protocols I don't think anywhere near as many get missed as used to be the case, in terms of concussions severity matters a great deal. Like Patrice Bergeron for example has had 5 concussions and I remember these same kind of excuses being made when I thought it would be a good idea to acquire him (for Jarret Stoll, lol- more than a few Bruins fans were onboard), when he was at the low point of his career and pretty much every person to a man stuck by these excuses as to why we shouldn't make a pitch for him, that he was quote unquote "done".

Hamonic is someone we badly need and we should make an honest effort at trying to acquire him, there is a price that is too high, but there is no reason for us to not be actively involved. Dating back to the 2012-13 season he has played in 208 regular season games out of a possible 233 games played by the team (89.3%), he missed 24 to injury and 1 to suspension.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
that is my prediction from the weekend. Makes a lot of sense--both have the pieces to make that move--

A lot of us have been predicting since this trade request/demand came out in public that it's really a one horse race behind the scenes (Winnipeg)... all these discussions over what he's worth, how good he is and what the Oilers should give up is very likely to be all moot points and idle speculation (but what else have we got to talk about being fans of a 30th place team). :)

Aug 10, 2015
Hamonic is someone we badly need and we should make an honest effort at trying to acquire him, there is a price that is too high, but there is no reason for us to not be actively involved. Dating back to the 2012-13 season he has played in 208 regular season games out of a possible 233 games played by the team (89.3%), he missed 24 to injury and 1 to suspension.

Oh, he has a history of suspensions too, definite no then :sarcasm:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm not overly concerned about injury issues for the style he plays a certain level is to be expected and I don't see lingering effects, I think many people will have to re-evaluate what is a high number of concussions, with the new concussion protocols I don't think anywhere near as many get missed as used to be the case, in terms of concussions severity matters a great deal. Like Patrice Bergeron for example has had 5 concussions and I remember these same kind of excuses being made when I thought it would be a good idea to acquire him (for Jarret Stoll, lol- more than a few Bruins fans were onboard), when he was at the low point of his career and pretty much every person to a man stuck by these excuses as to why we shouldn't make a pitch for him, that he was quote unquote "done".

Ya... I'm honestly not all gung-ho to acquire him, nor am I against the acquisition. I think I'm somewhere squarely in the middle... trying to look at all the considerations including much of what you stated above.

I think some do overrate him here... and a few likely underrate what he'd bring to the team as well. Overall though I think he's a solid dman but not someone you want to throw "everything" at. He has risks and rewards inherent in his game and it's the GM's job to weigh those out in relation to what's being shipped out in a deal for him.

I'm sure Chiarelli has known about the factors involved and has carefully evaluated and contemplated this for several months.

Any decision he makes on Hamonic I think will be an intelligent one and well thought out and will take into account a lot more than we know as low knowledge plebes. :)

In this specific case, where he ends up I think is being heavily weighted towards the NHL teams closest to his family... and while that puts the Oilers likely somewhere in the top 4/5 teams... I personally don't think the Oilers are realistically in the front running but we'll know for sure over the coming days/weeks/months.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com

He missed 12 games for one of those concussions.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Earliest I see a significant trade happening is the TD.

Really think Chia wants to see the full roster for a good chunk of games.

Hall- Drai - Purcell
Poo/Hen - McD - Yak
Hen/Poo - RNH - Eberle

Sekera - Nurse
Klefbom - Fayne
Davidson - Schultz
Gryba

At the deadline or the draft is where we are gonna make our mark.

Guys that could be available and fit our needs:

STL - Shattenkirk
Nas - Jones
SJS - Burns, Braun
Min - Spurgeon, Scandella, Brodin

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
'Family reason' is the go to phrase when players want out.
Pronger left for 'family reasons" too. Yesterdays rumour was that the Ducks are in on the Hamonic sweepstakes and were told he would accept a trade there.
The reason this hasn't happened yet is simple..Snow is asking for too much.
Players that ask to get traded normally dont receive as much in return. The talk of Eberle for Hamonic in a 3 way deal is absolutely absurd. If the Oil were offering Eberle this would have been done a long time ago and NYI wouldn't worry about getting a dman back IMO.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
If this isn't destroying someone I don't know what is.

As for Schultz I'd definitely move him, but you gotta look at it from the other teams point of view. If we had Hamonic would you accept J. Schultz for him?

Exactly. As I said, he laid ONE big hit on the guy 6 years ago. And if I recall, Hall went on to have a hell of a game and ultimately was named tournament MVP.

Again, I love Hamonic's game (and more than just a single hit), but he's not Scott Stevens.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Poster has mentioned he has been wrong in the past. Not going to hold up, nothing particular or juicy for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad