Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Slow Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Is there anything is then post that has any truth to it, because if there is I cant see it. Petry hasnt played against the top competition his whole career and done well at it. If he had we wouldnt have 3 1st overall picks on our team. And Franson and Gardiner were Torontos top pair during the playoffs this year. So he went head to head against the best in Boston.

This year thats true. But he played the toughest competition

Last year he played the second toughest, and faired well (-2 Corsi on)

But if your using Corsi as the benchmark for quality. Franson played much easier competition and had just as bad of Corsi as Petry this year.

By watching the games, Petry was good last year, but streaky this season.

Also the amount I care about the Boston series is very low. Gardiner didnt play game 1, and was bad defensively in games 2 and 3. It was largely the hype machine that said they were great. Phanuef was still the guy

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Torontos in a worse spot then us because they need to resign Kadri as well. I think both these guys are looking for 3.5-4M on 3+ year deals. So Nonis would have to make some move to fit them in.

Maybe this season, but after this season well have J.Schultz, RNH, Yakupov and Petry all looking for contracts. Franson @ 4 years for 3.5 or 4 million would reek havec on signing those guys.

Well have a surplus of young D on ELCs that can fit the 3rd pairing puck moving D for much cheaper than Franson.

Dont forget well have Ference @ 4.25 for 4 years that has a NMC. 8 million for a bottom pairing... thats Tambo bad

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
There is no way that we trade Eberle straight up for Bogosian. They would have to be adding and not something small. I am not saying a big addition but they would be adding.

Next year Klefbom will be playing in the NHL so we will have:
Ference, J.Schultz, Smid, Petry, Klefbom, Belov( I see him be a good 3rd pairing dman).
Then we have Larrsen, Fedun and others for the 7 and 8 dmen.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
RNH and Yak both have a cap hit of 3.775. So, they will probably both get 6mil a year so it is and extra 2.225 cap hit each which having Hemsky gone will cover that. J. Schultz has a cap hit of 3.775 and will probably get a cap hit of 4-4.5mil. N.Schltz is gone and will more than cover that plus Klefbom's cap hit. I am sure that cap will go up at least 4mil after next season so nothing to worry about.

swany

Dec 18, 2007
Klefbom and Marincin are close to playing 12 minutes a night not 23+

And your not trading Ebs b4 Hemmer and you cant trade them both then there's no debth on RW, just doesn't make any sense. plus if you believe the repots out of sweden Klefbom is better than Brodin

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Maybe this season, but after this season well have J.Schultz, RNH, Yakupov and Petry all looking for contracts. Franson @ 4 years for 3.5 or 4 million would reek havec on signing those guys.

Well have a surplus of young D on ELCs that can fit the 3rd pairing puck moving D for much cheaper than Franson

Except Franson at minimum is on our second pairing and Id be moving Petry whos most likely going to be looking for close to the same next year. Schultz will get a minor raise if any, RNH will probably get bumped up to 5M for a few years unless he puts up over a PPG this year, Yak isnt up for 2 years so who knows how much more we'll need for him, and by then the cap will most likely have gone up. With all 3 of Yak, Schultz, and RNH making 3.775M right now I dont see resigning all 3 adding more then 6M to our total cap which we could trim from other places via trade if the cap doesn't go up. On top of that we have dead space like NSchultz, Hemsky, and Smyth all coming off the cap this year. Were fine going forward even with signing Franson, the time that'll be hard to keep him will be when this contract would be up as he'd be a UFA(Contract Id offer 4M over 5 years). If he becomes the d man I see him becoming with the Oil he'd be wanting north of 6M, but by that point hopefully we have someone else ready to step into that spot.

The Perfect Human*

RNH and Yak both have a cap hit of 3.775. So, they will probably both get 6mil a year so it is and extra 2.225 cap hit each which having Hemsky gone will cover that. J. Schultz has a cap hit of 3.775 and will probably get a cap hit of 4-4.5mil. N.Schltz is gone and will more than cover that plus Klefbom's cap hit. I am sure that cap will go up at least 4mil after next season so nothing to worry about.

Ugh. The dreaded 4 $6M forward routine.

I personally hope RNH/Yak have mellow-ish years this upcoming season so their long-term extensions can be kept in Horton-Tavares range dollars (5.3-5.5M).

Hall's extension was made in good faith (anticipating he'd put up the ridiculous numbers he just had this season).
Eberle's extension was made as a reward (74 pt season just before signing it).

RNH/Yak hopefully sign for a mix of reward/good-faith on long-term deals.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Petry and Dubnyk too. And id like to have cap space next FA period

The Perfect Human*

Except Franson at minimum is on our second pairing and Id be moving Petry whos most likely going to be looking for close to the same next year. Schultz will get a minor raise if any, RNH will probably get bumped up to 5M for a few years unless he puts up over a PPG this year, Yak isnt up for 2 years so who knows how much more we'll need for him, and by then the cap will most likely have gone up. With all 3 of Yak, Schultz, and RNH making 3.775M right now I dont see resigning all 3 adding more then 6M to our total cap which we could trim from other places via trade if the cap doesn't go up. On top of that we have dead space like NSchultz, Hemsky, and Smyth all coming off the cap this year. Were fine going forward even with signing Franson, the time that'll be hard to keep him will be when this contract would be up as he'd be a UFA(Contract Id offer 4M over 5 years). If he becomes the d man I see him becoming with the Oil he'd be wanting north of 6M, but by that point hopefully we have someone else ready to step into that spot.

If a deal is swung for Franson then N.Schultz's albatross contract needs to come off the books.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If a deal is swung for Franson then N.Schultz's albatross contract needs to come off the books.

It's off next season, no need to move him right now. Although Id love it if we could, but I dont see Toronto having any use for a 3M+ N Schultz.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I think a dman like Erhoff from BUF would be the perfect dman to add to our team. He was like a plus 6 and that team was just as bad as we were. He would be perfect for a top pairing dman.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And your not trading Ebs b4 Hemmer and you cant trade them both then there's no debth on RW, just doesn't make any sense. plus if you believe the repots out of sweden Klefbom is better than Brodin

Sure he might be, but if you see a chance to get a for sure top pairing d-man you don't pass because you have Klefbom and Marincin. Passing because you don't want to move Eberle is fair though.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
If Clifford cost you Marancin and a second round pick would you do it? Mact is very high on Marancin said he's close

No, I would not. I like Clifford, but he's likely to top out as a 3rd line player. Marincin still has potential to be a top pairing guy.

The Perfect Human*

I think a dman like Erhoff from BUF would be the perfect dman to add to our team. He was like a plus 6 and that team was just as bad as we were. He would be perfect for a top pairing dman.

If he was available I'm sure Mac-T would have swung for the fences for him as that "Left PMD" he had in mind heading into this season.

What would you give up to acquire him...Smid+?

Remember - he's signed to a contract with a 4M cap hit until he's 40.

If he retires 2-3 years before then the Oilers are going to eat a huge penalty seeing as how he received 18M of the 10yr, 40M contract over the first 2 seasons.

How're you going to pay a guy 22M over 8 years on a 4M cap and not take a hit in like 2019?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Petry and Dubnyk too. And id like to have cap space next FA period

I keep hearing the cap will go up like 4mil after next season so that will be great for us. I can see Petry getting 3.5mil.
Ference, 3.5mil
Smid 3.5mil
Petry 3.5mil
Schultz 4.5mil or bridge for like 3mil
Klefbom 1.225 mil at least we will have him for two more years at that.

N.Schultz's expired contract will cover Petry, Schultz and Klefbom's contracts for next year and enough left over to cover Dunyk's new deal

Not worried about the cap crunch. I would trade Smid away after next season if I could up grade at the defensive spot for a dman better than him.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If Franson can't handle Boston, how's he going to handle the California teams...

Well Franson played 22+ minutes per game in that playoff series... was even in plus/minus and was 3rd on the team in scoring behind JVR and Kessel. I don't think he did badly.

It obviously takes an entire team to win/lose... one player can't do it all or Hall would have been able to drag this sad sack Oilers team into the playoffs last season.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I keep hearing the cap will go up like 4mil after next season so that will be great for us. I can see Petry getting 3.5mil.
Ference, 3.5mil
Smid 3.5mil
Petry 3.5mil
Schultz 4.5mil or bridge for like 3mil
Klefbom 1.225 mil at least we will have him for two more years at that.

N.Schultz's expired contract will cover Petry, Schultz and Klefbom's contracts for next year and enough left over to cover Dunyk's new deal

Not worried about the cap crunch. I would trade Smid away after next season if I could up grade at the defensive spot for a dman better than him.

I'm not sweating that much about the cap right now either. But not so comfortable that I want to give assets plus 4m for Franson.

There is also uncertainty with what the cap increase will really be. Also with what the young players will be asking for. So I want some cushion room in the next 2 years for that and for FAs or plays acquired in trades. We took advantage of STL cap crunch with Perron. I'd like to do it again to another team. Can't do that by over paying Franson

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm not a fan of Bogosian at all... and I sure as hell wouldn't trade Eberle away for him. MacT gets the torch and pitchfork treatment from me if that deal goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad