Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Lebrun Speculates Jan Rutta Weekend Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Vegas can sign unprotected RFAs like they are regular UFAS on June 18th, so June 18th is our deadline for signing Draisaitl unless we use a protection spot on him

If not we could lose him to vegas for no offer sheet compensation.

We're using a protection spot on him

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
so there goes Chai idea of signing McDavid first? is that how i'm reading things? unless we protect him and leave someone else unprotected

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
so there goes Chai idea of signing McDavid first? is that how i'm reading things? unless we protect him and leave someone else unprotected

Did Chiarelli say he wanted to sign McDavid first? I thought it was the other way around. If I'm Chiarelli, I'm trying to sign Draisaitl long-term before I try to sign McDavid, especially if McDavid is looking for a short, 5 year term.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Did Chiarelli say he wanted to sign McDavid first? I thought it was the other way around. If I'm Chiarelli, I'm trying to sign Draisaitl long-term before I try to sign McDavid, especially if McDavid is looking for a short, 5 year term.

thats how i understood it, i could be wrong

Chiarelli cannot sign McDavid until July.

i know, i just wasnt aware that Vegas can sign RFA's before July 1

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Well, in some ways, it'll be good to sign McDavid first. If he signs for 7-8 years at a lower cap hit, that should set the market up for Draisaitl to sign. But if McDavid is looking for 5 years (I don't believe it IMO) then try to sign Draisaitl. IMO, I think signing Draisaitl will be the hurdle for the Oilers more so than McDavid.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
thats how i understood it, i could be wrong

i know, i just wasnt aware that Vegas can sign RFA's before July 1

Yeah but only unprotected ones. The only RFA I know we would expose would be Reinhart and Khaira as Kassian and Draisaitl will be protected. I'm not worried at all by this. We are sitting comfortably.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything

In his end of the year press conference (it's still up on the Oilers site), he said specifically that he wanted to get McDavid done first, but that the contract couldn't be signed until the 1st.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
In his end of the year press conference (it's still up on the Oilers site), he said specifically that he wanted to get McDavid done first, but that the contract couldn't be signed until the 1st.

Couldn't he have a 'verbal contract' before July 1st, then go to Draisaitl Camp and say what they have agreed on? That could be what he meant.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Hm, doesn't the RFA's they sign count as their selection in the expansion draft though? That's what I've heard, but could be wrong.

Im not sure, first Ive heard of this rule. Anyone have the writing on it?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Hm, doesn't the RFA's they sign count as their selection in the expansion draft though? That's what I've heard, but could be wrong.

He's protected regardless if he signs or not. I've always counted him as one of the 7 forwards. Only guys exempt was McDavid, Caggiula, Slepyshev, and Nurse.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If Vegas chooses a UFA... or even a RFA from the Oilers during that negotiation window... that counts as the player the Oilers lose.

So for example... say they sign Russell to a contract on June 19th... that would count as the player chosen by them and the Oilers would lose no other player.

Same goes for a RFA... say they sign Reinhart during that "free to talk and negotiate" window... that would count as the player chosen.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Random weird stats: Most unlucky players in terms of difference between actual goals and expected goals:

Taylor Hall: 9.24 less goals than expected based on volume and location of shots
Hyman: 8.87 less goals
Sheahan:7.73
14th- Jagr: 5.89
26th- Cody Eakin:5.01

Luckiest players:

Laine: 12 goals above expected
TJ Oshie: 11.54
Rakell: 11.16

:laugh:

Eakin five goals less than expected!!!!

He scored three all season playing 17 minutes a night!!!! Some of you want to trade Eberle for him?!?!? Ahahahaha....

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Any interest in making a move for Ryan Murray? Im assuming it would have to be Nuge going the other way. But the kid is 22 and a top 4 dman...

Dont know a lot about him in general though..can anyone give a quick scouting report?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Any interest in making a move for Ryan Murray? Im assuming it would have to be Nuge going the other way. But the kid is 22 and a top 4 dman...

Dont know a lot about him in general though..can anyone give a quick scouting report?

umm LHD version of Mark Fayne ?
decent size but doesnt hit, minimal ES offense, got pushed out of top3 by better Dmen this year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Pass. Another leftie and one Klefbom and Sekera are both comfortably better than. Very Vanilla #4 D with injury concerns and not much upside.

Not a full scouting report but a quick glance:

C_vaGVcUQAArg-Y.jpg:large

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
umm LHD version of Mark Fayne ?
decent size but doesnt hit, minimal ES offense, got pushed out of top3 by better Dmen this year.

Pass. Another leftie and one Klefbom and Sekera are both comfortably better than. Very Vanilla #4 D with injury concerns and not much upside.

Not a full scouting report but a quick glance:

C_vaGVcUQAArg-Y.jpg:large

Fair. No argument here. Just looked at raw numbers and his North America performance. Doesnt seem like a great fit.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Fair. No argument here. Just looked at raw numbers and his North America performance. Doesnt seem like a great fit.

I dont mind the player, but yeah Fayne is a great example. Hed be great on this team as a bottom pairing D. Average offense, not much defense, not physical or add anything there. Plus injury issues

Id take a stab at Brodin who provides similar things but much better defensively

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I dont mind the player, but yeah Fayne is a great example. Hed be great on this team as a bottom pairing D. Average offense, not much defense, not physical or add anything there. Plus injury issues

Id take a stab at Brodin who provides similar things but much better defensively

Add Brodin and find a way to get Hedman and OEL :sarcasm:

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Hedman
Sekera-Brodin

All European Defence (Almost all Swedish) :laugh:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Hedman
Sekera-Brodin

Now we're talking... I like those pairings a lot more than arguing over Green vs Franson. :)

With our luck the Oilers will strike out and have a Tambellini summer signing something like Gilbert and MAB.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Hedman
Sekera-Brodin

Cant get Jonas and not pair him up with Klefbom.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Brodin
Sekera-Benning
Russell

Throw out any pairing against any line in any situation.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Still reaaaaally hoping Vegas signs Russell and he counts as being our ED player. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad