Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Lebrun Speculates Jan Rutta Weekend Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
To the Montreal fan who asked about Draisaitl, my response is this, and it is directed at Bergiven.

He asked Chia for Draisaitl, Klefbom and Pulju for Subban. The 2nd most important player on the Habs that they WANTED to trade.

I'm sure Chia's price for Montreal would be greater for our 2nd most important player that we don't want to trade.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd be interested to see McDavid's stats with Draisaitl as opposed to with Eberle. And another factor to that is also the left winger on that line. If the left winger isn't effective on that line then it brings down the production of the rest of the line

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'd be interested to see McDavid's stats with Draisaitl as opposed to with Eberle. And another factor to that is also the left winger on that line. If the left winger isn't effective on that line then it brings down the production of the rest of the line

It is a contract year for Maroon. I think he'll train hard this summer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I never watched Chicago once this year so I may be way off on values .

Would RNH for Seabrook make any sense ? He put up 39 points this year he a RHD . Moving RNH for him saves the signing of Russell which covers the extra 875 K on Seabrook contract . He also a vet that could really help all our young D take the next step . He knows what it takes to win . His contract is a little long but his actually real money drops and he has a MNTC the last 2 years . Those last 2 years he should be able to be moved to a cap floor team . Once Sekera returns I think we would have the best D we had in years

Klefbom Larsson

Sekera Seabrook

Klefbom Seabrook

Nurse Larsson

Nurse Seabrook

Just so many option

Or just go the simple way

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Seabrook
Nurse Benning
Reinhart .

Of course we need to add a 3rd line C

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I never watched Chicago once this year so I may be way off on values .

Would RNH for Seabrook make any sense ? He put up 39 points this year he a RHD . Moving RNH for him saves the signing of Russell which covers the extra 875 K on Seabrook contract . He also a vet that could really help all our young D take the next step . He knows what it takes to win . His contract is a little long but his actually real money drops and he has a MNTC the last 2 years . Those last 2 years he should be able to be moved to a cap floor team . Once Sekera returns I think we would have the best D we had in years

Klefbom Larsson

Sekera Seabrook

Klefbom Seabrook

Nurse Larsson

Nurse Seabrook

Just so many option

Too old. Ugly contract. Played terrible games.

We can do better.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I'd have time for Seabrook the player, as I feel that while he's starting to decline a bit he'd still be effective in a 2nd pairing, power play role.

Seabrook on his current contract has very little value. He's got his cup reward money now and is signed until the end of his career, or possibly longer.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Eberle for DeHaan

RNH and TB 2nd to Van, Tanev to TB, Tyler Johnson to EDM

Nurse, Puljujarvi, Pouliot, 1st for Byfuglien, Lowry, Roslovic

Maroon McDavid Johnson
Lucic Draisaitl Slepyshev
Cagiulla Lowry Kassian
Khaira Letestu Roslovic

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Byfuglien
DeHaan Benning

Talbot
Broissoit

Total 66M with Drai at 7.5, McDavid at full 3.75 with bonuses, Johnson at 5.3, DeHaan at 4, Slepy at 2, Kassian at 2.25.

Fayne 3.65
ELC overage and Korpikoski buyout adds another 2. Still room to upgrade 3C and middle 6 RW at the deadline.

After a year or two in the AHL we should have a few of our young defensemen ready to step in and DeHaan or Sekera can be moved if we need cap space.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
It is a contract year for Maroon. I think he'll train hard this summer.

If you subscribe to the sell high and buy low theory of trading, now would be the time to move Maroon. 27 goals, dream contract, inflated stats due to playing on McDavid's line and due for a big raise. Be a big return.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What type of contract would you give Maroon knowing that a lot of his goals are because of McD but at least he produces with McD and is that big body we need

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What type of contract would you give Maroon knowing that a lot of his goals are because of McD but at least he produces with McD and is that big body we need

We should be prepared for at least $3.5m AAV. If he wasn't a locker room guy, I'd be all for trading him while his value is high. He doesn't do anything particularly well so him training all summer is more about maintaining where he's at, not growing on it.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

3 x 3.75
4 x 3.5
5 x 3.25

If he's asking for 4+ with term I think you have to sell high this summer and not risk losing the asset for nothing.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
We should be prepared for at least $3.5m AAV. If he wasn't a locker room guy, I'd be all for trading him while his value is high. He doesn't do anything particularly well so him training all summer is more about maintaining where he's at, not growing on it.

I agree with the price but he gives this team the grit big body in front of the net and against the boards. Plus he will drop the mitts when needed.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I agree with the price but he gives this team the grit big body in front of the net and against the boards. Plus he will drop the mitts when needed.

If JJ Khaira can improve his puck skills a bit he could be a very similar winger down the line.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

You can't tell me there aren't dozens of other, cheaper forwards (than $3.5m) who could fill that role. He fills the exact role Lucic was brought in to fill. Yes, more than one is better, but at what cost? If he commanded beyond $4m, you'd probably have to ask that question.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Other GMs aren't stupid. They know that Maroons scoring is a product of being on Mcdavids line. 3.5 x 4 is a fair contract for Maroon for what he provides. The beauty of having Mcdavid and Draisaitl is that we can go the Pittsburgh route and just sign cheap wingers to play with them. We build our team around those two and a solid top 4 defence and we'll be a contender every year.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Kunitz signed a 2 year deal at $3.75M per with Pitt after putting up 48pts in 66 games, and then followed that up with a 3 year deal at $3.85M per. If Maroon won't sign a deal similar to those I think you let him walk.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With Sekera out a fair bit of time next season, I'm really hoping the Knights take a pass on Reinhart. I think this is the chance he needs to break into the NHL full time. And if he succeeds next season, we'd be in very good shape moving forward.

I wonder if Chiarelli sees it the same way. Maybe he could convince GMGM to look at someone else.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
You guys are considerably more generous than me. Maroon is a career 4th liner that conveniently plays better than that only when he is next to a top 2 player in the NHL.

Absolutely no interest in giving him a term longer than 2 years. If someone else is willing to do that, let them.

I love the guy too, though. Don't want to pile on too hard.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Kunitz signed a 2 year deal at $3.75M per with Pitt after putting up 48pts in 66 games, and then followed that up with a 3 year deal at $3.85M per. If Maroon won't sign a deal similar to those I think you let him walk.

I would rather get a piece that fits going forward this summer than let him walk for nothing in a year if those are my options.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
You guys are considerably more generous than me. Maroon is a career 4th liner that conveniently plays better than that only when he is next to a top 2 player in the NHL.

Absolutely no interest in giving him a term longer than 2 years. If someone else is willing to do that, let them.

I love the guy too, though. Don't want to pile on too hard.

I kind of agree.

I'd consider selling him to St. Louis for Sobotka + .

Partly because he's from there....and he's earned iit. Also I think St. Louis could use some size/toughness. They havn't been the same team since they lost Backes and to some extent Brouwer....

That said Maroon is and has been a great add to this team.

bereanca

Jul 14, 2006
Edmonton
I'm glad to see Chia consider all options, including NCAA and European free agents, to improve the team as quickly as possible.

Jan Rutta is interesting but for anyone coming from overseas I would prefer they have both played in a better league (KHL, SHL) and be familiar with the NA game. As it is, Rutta can only be considered as competition for a spot rather than actually filling one. That's not a bad thing. It just doesn't fill a need.

Although not a D, I think one free agent we should be pursuing is Da Costa. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=14394 He's a RHS RW/C who has spent the last few years in the KHL but has played in the NCAA, AHL and NHL. France hasn't played a game in a while and yet he is still in the top ten scoring at the WC.

Go all out for Spencer Foo including (as someone else said earlier) using a late round pick for Parker Foo.

Da Costa and Foo give us significantly greater flexibility at both RW (more so with JP probably joining the big club sometime next year) and centre. I would then have more confidence making trades.

Send RNH to Van for their 1st in a weak draft. He can slide in nicely behind Horvat. We take Tippett or Liljegren. Either our forwards or our defense is solidified for years to come.

In the more immediate send Eberle and Brossoit to NYI for Hamonic, Halak, and Grabovsky.

If Pouliot is not taken by LV move him for a 3LD. If he is then Reinhart gets his chance to prove himself until Sekera returns.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
To the Montreal fan who asked about Draisaitl, my response is this, and it is directed at Bergiven.

He asked Chia for Draisaitl, Klefbom and Pulju for Subban. The 2nd most important player on the Habs that they WANTED to trade.

I'm sure Chia's price for Montreal would be greater for our 2nd most important player that we don't want to trade.

They've got nothing I'd trade Drai for. Looking back though, Drai, Klef and Poolparty, what a lopsided horrible trade that would've been.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Would anyone do Puljujarvi for Dustin byfuglien @ 3 mill retained? of course he would have to agree to waive his nmc but I think he would be ideal for us only at a lower salary. It would be difficult to trade him but idk who else the jets would take from us to retain for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->