Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Chris Kelly Attending Camp on PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I never really understood how they feathered these lump sum payments into the cap. Typically the NHL gets some sort of feathering agreement so as to spread the impact out over additional years but we never got any details on this. That said the payments ended last year so if they simply came off the books we would have expected a big hit to the cap since $150M equates to about $2.5M off the cap. Yet we still saw revenue rise by about 6.7% last year. In any case the end of the payments would be already baked into the cake so it would not be a draw on the change one would expect going forward. In contrast, the year to year increase in the Rogers deal would add about $250K to the cap. This is a modest amount but it helps.

That really depends on the nature of the agreement with Rogers. If the average payment from Rogers is the $433 million per season with no adjustment for ratings then there would be two options. Either use that $433 million as the contribution to HRR for each of the 12 years, or add a slight inflationary clause that ends up to the same total number for the 12 years.

If there is a variable portion of the payment based on ratings/revenue then that would be adjusted annually. I don't think there is, but if you have seen something to the contrary please share.

Have you seen any information on how they do the foreign exchange calculation? The CBA is surprisingly thin on defining that.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Overrated? Seriously. Decline? Guy dominted the first half of the season, then MTL the TEAM fell apart

MTL is a seriously bad team without Price. End of story. 1 man can't do it all

Weber is one of the best dmen in the NHL. Period.

Simplest anology I can give of Weber. Last year in that 10-0? beatdown they took. Webs played 25min and was a +/-0. That tells you everything

Guy isn't on a decline. His team is just that bad

He's better then Klef or Larsson. It's not even close

Guy has been heralded as a one of the best D in the game for years now on Nashville (despite a mountain of data showing he wasnt). In the first year Nashville unloads him and brings on Subban, they make the WCF with essentially the same team. Montreal swaps Subban for Weber and gets a full year from Price and does nothing. Weber has been untouchable to nearly every fan for years and devoid from any criticism. Well see after a year in a Canadian market if the hype starts to come down, already has a touch but after next year this guy could be Komisarek 2.0

I dont want a 1 game analogy, I want a 82 game sample. In that 82 game sample, Montreal fans (the ones who watch him 82 games) have come down hard on him, and his underlying stats continue to be simply good (nowhere near his hype). Hes got negative relative stats to his team across the board (Klefbom is positive for almost every stat). So take a pick of which method of evaluation you want: eye test (Montreal fans word) or analytics. Both get you to the same result

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well looks like the Jared Cowen to EDM on a PTO is not true:

I really hope Chia get's at least 2 PTO's. I'm hoping for Iginla and Franson. Doubt they accept but stranger things have happened.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Missing the boat on maybe signing a D man to a PTO to get up to Vet minimums for pre-season maybe.... But there are other D men they could get to do that.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Pirri to Florida on a PTO. Why does this guy never get a contract. I thought he was quite good in the bottom 6.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
We might have offered a PTO to Cowen as well, who knows, but he probably sees a better chance a roster spot there than with the Oil.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Franson and Iginla would be my choices.

I'd take Gionta over Iginla easily at this point in their careers. Iginla would essentially be adding a fourth liner. We've got plenty of bottom six depth.

The last remaining wingers out there who can provide some scoring depth in the top six are Jagr, Gionta and possibly Vanek.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wow, it's jared Cowan on a PTO. If you don't like what Peter is doing then find another team. These boards embarrassing this summer.

They really are. You'd think after a decade of Lowe, Tambellini and Mactavish that Oiler fans would know what bad management looks like. Guess not.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just because a player accepts a pto somewhere else doesn't mean he can't be signed here. Guys will get preseason games elsewhere if they earn them and other GM's can judge them on that. Also doesn't mean players will automatically sign with the team they try out with. They can get a better offer else where like Versteeg did last year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'd take Gionta over Iginla easily at this point in their careers. Iginla would essentially be adding a fourth liner. We've got plenty of bottom six depth.

The last remaining wingers out there who can provide some scoring depth in the top six are Jagr, Gionta and possibly Vanek.

I've got no interest at all in Iginla. He was always a notorious slow starter when he was in his prime and now he's long past it. I wouldn't want to pay him all year. He's the kind of guy you're better off letting somebody else eat that bad stretch and then make a move for him in March if he's playing well. Even then I'd be iffy on him.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
First they sign Yakupov, now they Sign Cowan to a PTO. The Avalanche have become the 2009-2014 Oilers. All they need now to get to the next level is to hire Eakins for a year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad