Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
kurt foster cliffnotes.

- he has a rocket shot.
- he is slow and can be a defensive liability.
- he has a propensity to take defensive-zone penalties.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Devils fans were so happy when Foster was traded last season because he was terrible for them.

I'm not sure how he played for the Wild, but I'm not interested in Foster at all.

I see him as being the best of the worst on that list. Foster did have that one good offensive yr with Tampa, but has had numerous injuries since. Howerver, at the least you know he has a decent shot from the point something other defencemen we have had, did not have. Second, with his size he at the least is a deterent against cheap shot artists & could add a little more toughness to this team. I also think he could be had rather cheap & maybe for one or two yrs at the most until out prospects are ready.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Kurtis Foster lived on my street for a while so it'd be cool to have him but also not at all because he's not great. At all.

I'd say Campoli. I never remember him being bad. As long as we don't bring back Campoli, also he had a huge part in ending the lockout, so it's the least we could do, right?? :)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I see him as being the best of the worst on that list. Foster did have that one good offensive yr with Tampa, but has had numerous injuries since. Howerver, at the least you know he has a decent shot from the point something other defencemen we have had, did not have. Second, with his size he at the least is a deterent against cheap shot artists & could add a little more toughness to this team. I also think he could be had rather cheap & maybe for one or two yrs at the most until out prospects are ready.

Foster has had 7 fights in his pro career, and only 2 of those were in the NHL. He is not a physical or imposing player whatsoever.

If we are looking for an Offensive Shot on from the point, we could look at him, although I believe Wiercioch is a better option, and would come internally.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I don't understand why Campoli hasn't been signed yet he's the only NHL caliber d man left.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Clutterbuck from Minnesota maybe? He might get the squeeze with the contracts the team signed over the summer.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I wanted CC during the Off Season, but nooo... "he doesn't bring enough" blah blah...

What do you reckon about Scuderi or Martinez from LA? They've got a few youngsters who could perhaps break through...

Heck, let's get Sutton back!

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah thought of Clutterbuck giving out hits on the 3rd line and Neil coming out after that is funny to think about, anyone know what salary he has in Minnesota?

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Yeah thought of Clutterbuck giving out hits on the 3rd line and Neil coming out after that is funny to think about, anyone know what salary he has in Minnesota?

Caphit of 1.4M$ but is a FA at the end of the season

WilderPegasus*

The NHL as a whole are going bigger & so should Ottawa. I would like to see any deal that packages Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau & Wideman for a legitimate NHL defenceman.

Silly puck bunny. Just because a guy has a big body doesn't mean that he's big everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad