Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Well my question is where will Da Costa play? Turris and Spezza are not moving anywhere. I guess he could get called up if Spezza gets injured, but they might opt for Zibanejad as 2C. Even if its not Zib, hell, even Regin might get promoted assuming hes not injured.

Da Costa is a good prospect no doubt, but hes at our most expendable position, and the trade helps us in our shallowest spot.

Hes only 32 as well, so he could be resigned and play with Phillips on the 3rd pair. Im getting chills even thinking about another form of the Phillips-Volchenkov pairing.

If Boro is ready to he called up next year, he could start as our 7th d-man while Robyn mentors him on how to play physical without going over the edge.

The Fuhr*

I wonder how enticing Da Costa, and / or Petersson, plus a 3rd or something is for Regehr? Da Costa and a 3rd is probably better than Petersson + 3rd, but would that be enough (rivals have to overpay)

Buffalo is in the middle of going anti small... they want size especially at center

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Well I know you wouldnt be a fan of this, but how about Petersson + Grant?

Grant is good no doubt, and can play wing, which is important in the bottom 6, but we have Obrien and Smith as established bottom 6 centers who can also play pk. I guess mentioning this, Obrien could possibly work as well.

Though I dont know if these are enough value for a pretty good d-man.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
DaCosta can play wing crisis averted.

Plus with Hodgson Grigorenko and girgensons I wouldn't want to give them DaCosta too.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hoffman, Stone, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Lehner are the untouchables in Binghamton for me, unless a deal knocks our socks off. Zibanejad is the first off that list if the return is good.

If we were including him in a package with a 3rd, because we do not have our 2nd this year, I'd want a high potential return, not a stop-gap. Something like a Gormley, Hamilton (won't happen), Fowler, et al. Zibanejad is highly rated (top 5?) on the HF Top 50 - if we are to play that card, the return should be a good one.

I like Regher, but that is too rich for a short season stop-gap.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Hoffman, Stone, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Lehner are the untouchables in Binghamton for me, unless a deal knocks our socks off. Zibanejad is the first off that list if the return is good.

If we were including him in a package with a 3rd, because we do not have our 2nd this year, I'd want a high potential return, not a stop-gap. Something like a Gormley, Hamilton (won't happen), Fowler, et al. Zibanejad is highly rated (top 5?) on the HF Top 50 - if we are to play that card, the return should be a good one.

IRL I think only Lehner and Silfverberg are untouchable I mean Hoffman is not untouchable.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Don't see them as untouchables, not by a long shot. IMHO, Stone has a higher trade value than Zibanejad, whose current trade value alone makes him not worth talking trades (you won't get as much). If the right deal came, Stone is a big piece from our forward prospects.

Hoffman, Boro, and Wiercioch will all be traded for the right deal. It won't have to be an exception package either. I think the Sens fan here hold them higher than what they are actually worth on the market. Having said that, I think each of them has the potential to contribute to the big club. There is no value added by negating these prospects via trades. They are more valuable to the organization.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Don't see them as untouchables, not by a long shot. IMHO, Stone has a higher trade value than Zibanejad, whose current trade value alone makes him not worth talking trades (you won't get as much). If the right deal came, Stone is a big piece from our forward prospects.

Hoffman, Boro, and Wiercioch will all be traded for the right deal. It won't have to be an exception package either. I think the Sens fan here hold them higher than what they are actually worth on the market. Having said that, I think each of them has the potential to contribute to the big club. There is no value added by negating these prospects via trades. They are more valuable to the organization.

I hear you, but we need Boro and Wiercioch right now. Developing our own is great, but with Cowen down and the guys we have, the list is in flux until MacLean makes his decisions. And injury callups will pressure the Binghamton express as well.

Hoffman is a guy I really like. He almost made the team a couple of times. He's the guy (next year) that will really push for a spot, along with Stone, if he does not get one this year.

Zibanejad is full of potential, but needs to find the net in the AHL and dominate there for a year.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

I can't imagine that any team is going to trade a "blue chip" d-man prospect, especially one with 2 years of NHL experience like Fowler, for Zib. Adding a 3rd doesn't change that at all.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Anyone know for sure if Paul Ranger is tied to the Leafs, or was his Marlies contract more of a tryout? He spent his off years in Ottawa so he might be open to signing here.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Anyone know for sure if Paul Ranger is tied to the Leafs, or was his Marlies contract more of a tryout? He spent his off years in Ottawa so he might be open to signing here.

i thought i read he signed an ahl contract with the marlies, so i believe he is free to sign with any nhl team. i read one of the latest marlies gdt, and they mentioned ranger having a good game and turning it up lately. i think he should be considered.

edit: mmm, tyskie.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
I know we want to go for a NHL ready dman but the picking is somewhat slim.

If we were going to make a trade, why not someone we can invest in long-term?

Pittsburgh has a glut of high quality dman. What would it take to pry one of Dumoulin, Harrington, or Despres?

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Cam Barker could fill in as the 6th D quite well, watched like 2-3 games with him last year and looked OK..he was let go by one of the worst teams in NHL though so not so sure.. wonder if Murray has been in contact with him.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If the Gonchar to Pittsburgh rumor does have legs, I hope either Matta or Despress are part of the return. Since D seems to be Murray's issue at the moment, I think that happens, if it does, in March.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Buffalo is in the middle of going anti small... they want size especially at center

The NHL as a whole are going bigger & so should Ottawa. I would like to see any deal that packages Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau & Wideman for a legitimate NHL defenceman.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well my question is where will Da Costa play? Turris and Spezza are not moving anywhere. I guess he could get called up if Spezza gets injured, but they might opt for Zibanejad as 2C. Even if its not Zib, hell, even Regin might get promoted assuming hes not injured.

Da Costa is a good prospect no doubt, but hes at our most expendable position, and the trade helps us in our shallowest spot.

Hes only 32 as well, so he could be resigned and play with Phillips on the 3rd pair. Im getting chills even thinking about another form of the Phillips-Volchenkov pairing.

If Boro is ready to he called up next year, he could start as our 7th d-man while Robyn mentors him on how to play physical without going over the edge.

I would love to see Volch back, but how do we get him if the Devils don't use their amnesty buy out

Synthetek

Aug 4, 2009
Behind You
Cam Barker could fill in as the 6th D quite well, watched like 2-3 games with him last year and looked OK..he was let go by one of the worst teams in NHL though so not so sure.. wonder if Murray has been in contact with him.

I'm with you on Barker, could come cheap and he does have good size.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The NHL as a whole are going bigger & so should Ottawa. I would like to see any deal that packages Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau & Wideman for a legitimate NHL defenceman.

The obsession with size has to stop. How do Buffalo fans feel to the Hodgson/Kassian deal compared to Vancouver fans. Just because you are 6-4 220 doesn't mean you are a great NHLer. For every Lucic, there are 20 Boris Valabiks, A.J Jenks, Hugh Jessimens and others.

If you can play, you can play.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

I hate your idea of a good team and be WR seem to ever agree with you. You always have terrible ideas that only gave anything to do with trading skill for big bruisers..

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The obsession with size has to stop. How do Buffalo fans feel to the Hodgson/Kassian deal compared to Vancouver fans. Just because you are 6-4 220 doesn't mean you are a great NHLer. For every Lucic, there are 20 Boris Valabiks, A.J Jenks, Hugh Jessimens and others.

If you can play, you can play.

I like players who are big & can play .... like Stone, no one is talking about adding big guys who can't play.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
soo, back to dmen.

I have whittled down the free agent list to the following 5 acceptable candidates.

1. Colin White. 35yo defensive dman, played 54 games in san jose last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*Played 3 years for the piques.

2. Chris Campoli. 28yo slightly offensive dman. Played 43 games in montreal last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*played 3 years for the sens.

3. Kurtis Foster. 31yo offensive dman. Played 51 games for anaheim, minnesota, and new jersey last year. Played 14 games for tappara SM-Liiga during lockout.
*from carp

4. Mike Commodore. 33yo defensive dman. Played 30 games for detroit and tampa bay last year. Played 13 games for hamilton (AHL) during the lockout.
*played part of one season for ottawa

5. Paul Ranger. 28yo balanced dman. Took 3 years off hockey. Played 28 games for toronto (AHL) during lockout.
*spent most of those 3 years off hockey in ottawa.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
soo, back to dmen.

I have whittled down the free agent list to the following 5 acceptable candidates.

1. Colin White. 35yo defensive dman, played 54 games in san jose last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*Played 3 years for the piques.

2. Chris Campoli. 28yo slightly offensive dman. Played 43 games in montreal last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*played 3 years for the sens.

3. Kurtis Foster. 31yo offensive dman. Played 51 games for anaheim, minnesota, and new jersey last year. Played 14 games for tappara SM-Liiga during lockout.
*from carp

4. Mike Commodore. 33yo defensive dman. Played 30 games for detroit and tampa bay last year. Played 13 games for hamilton (AHL) during the lockout.
*played part of one season for ottawa

5. Paul Ranger. 28yo balanced dman. Took 3 years off hockey. Played 28 games for toronto (AHL) during lockout.
*spent most of those 3 years off hockey in ottawa.

I looked at that list too & the only guy I would consider adding is Kurtis Foster because he adds an element of offensive potential, size & toughness. IMO he kinda fills a few needs including NHL experience & since he has been playing in Europe he should be in decent shape, plus he is from the Ottawa area.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Devils fans were so happy when Foster was traded last season because he was terrible for them.

I'm not sure how he played for the Wild, but I'm not interested in Foster at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad