Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 2013/14 - XIV Rumour: OTT-STL-BUF: Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The more I read and hear about Stewart the less enthused I am at the prospect of us acquiring him. I'm starting to think it's going to be a mistake if we do get him. I'd rather give the kids a chance over this guy.

Trading for Stewart is a low-risk move with high reward.

Look at the numbers he put up in an offense-first system in Colorado. The guy just isn't a fit in the Blues system. He's one-dimensional and lazy, but he's skilled and can finish. If he's put in a position where he gets a lot of chances, he'll put up big numbers again.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I think depending on how you look at things trading someone like Phillips could be termed as something big since he has been with the organization for so long.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm down with getting Stewart. If he ends up as a 20 goal man he is still better than 3/4 of our forwards. Anything that prevents Greening from ever seeing top 6 duty again is a positive step for the team.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart is also big and fast which we need more of imo

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Might have been something to do with Methot and/or Del Zotto but can't remember.

The only thing that he has ever mentioned about Methot is that he is not in Ottawa's future plans which I hope he is wrong with.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
That doesn't make it sound any more reliable....

Never said it did but did you call the B. Murray signing or did he? You don't have to believe what he says but I do believe that he has some sort of connections. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt anyways but it sure does make for good discussion.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm down with getting Stewart. If he ends up as a 20 goal man he is still better than 3/4 of our forwards. Anything that prevents Greening from ever seeing top 6 duty again is a positive step for the team.

Amen.

As long as we're not paying through the nose for Stewart, I'm in.

He's an Ontario boy too, so we'd have a bit of a leg-up on re-signing him... possibly.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Never said it did but did you call the B. Murray signing or did he? You don't have to believe what he says but I do believe that he has some sort of connections. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt anyways but it sure does make for good discussion.

I guess. But i can't bring myself to be anything but neutral towards anything that comes out of that site. The Murray signing was perhaps a one-time lucky break.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I guess. But i can't bring myself to be anything but neutral towards anything that comes out of that site. The Murray signing was perhaps a one-time lucky break.

To tell you the truth I don't even read Yost's blogs for the most part because it is usually boring with all of his Corsi crap.....and don' get me started on Eklund. The thing about the Murray signing that made it credible in my eyes was the fact that he said to expect the signing in a week or two and that it would be a two year ext.....could of got lucky or maybe not

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
you do know he led the blues in goal scoring last year right?

I'm looking at the big picture. His career is a series of ups and downs
and if he can't be successful with St-Louis I don't think Ottawa is where he'll ramp things up. What we need is reliability right now because our current lineup is quite devoid of it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm looking at the big picture. His career is a series of ups and downs
and if he can't be successful with St-Louis I don't think Ottawa is where he'll ramp things up. What we need is reliability right now because our current lineup os quite devoid of it.

we need a finisher with size. Better than having Greening always in the top 6

Stewart can finish sure he isnt consistant but no finsher really is unless you are like Stamkos or Ovechkin

He is a better solution than what we have

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
What exactly is the rumor? I know the Sens have made a decision on Phillips, not sure what that decision is, but I believe there will be action on that front tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad