Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 2013/14 - XIV Rumour: OTT-STL-BUF: Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If Anderson would bring the return I'd do the deal. Maybe be brings Stewart out of St Louis. Maybe he could be part of a package to Philadelphia or even a Buffalo three way.

we need to finish the rebuild, not trade away the prospects we've spent five years accumulating for rentals. We should not make the Playoffs with this squad. If we do it will ne as the 8 spot and against the 1 we are swept.

The Fuhr*

The team should trade UFAs to be next year for youth then tank next year for a top five pick.
Try again to be good in 2016

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Soooo should we go for a D? I mean we should be doing that anyways but I think last night's debacle really should have shown Murray that we need a defenceman, get Hemsky for a third, he can be our project. But if we have the ability to get a good D then please oh please do it.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
They need to trader either Andy or Lehner. Having two star goalies constantly fighting for a spot, and increasingly, one sitting on the bench getting rusty as hell isn't helping the situation. We need a star defense.

Trade Spezza for someone and a first round pick (doesn't even matter who), let phillips go to greener pastures, let Michalek walk, and dispense Cowen to whomever is dumb enough to take him.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I can not face palm hard enough at anyone blaming that on Lehner....

I cannot understand how ppl dont see he is beyond ahl competition....

I get that ppl are impatient but young goalies have this happen...its life...

Lehner will be the best goalie to ever play here if he gets better managed...

I've never said, thought, or agreed with ppl who've said this before but, maybe it's time to consider a coaching change.......

as it was the last post in the old thread i decided to repost.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I wonder if something could be done around Cowen for Myers. Tim Murray had really high praise for Cowen when the extension was signed.

Obviously 1 for 1 wouldn't work, but something built around that. Two guys who need a change of scenery.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I wonder if something could be done around Cowen for Myers. Tim Murray had really high praise for Cowen when the extension was signed.

Obviously 1 for 1 wouldn't work, but something built around that. Two guys who need a change of scenery.

i think we need to give cowen more time....if were gonna be dumping guys and continuing to rebuild id rather move older assets ala phillips neil michalek spezza andy.....in that order..... not that im advocating all that yet the next 3 games are all win-able...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would trade for a top six player that doesn't cost a lot of assets (Hemsky) and pick up a young winger that wont cost us a lot (paajarvi) and then spend our moveable assets for a good defenceman. Ive stated before that I don't want to overpay, but if were picking up cheaper forwards through trade then 1 little overpayment on a defenceman isn't so bad. Overspending on a forward and a defenceman would be a huge blow to this team though.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
I would trade for a top six player that doesn't cost a lot of assets (Hemsky) and pick up a young winger that wont cost us a lot (paajarvi) and then spend our moveable assets for a good defenceman. Ive stated before that I don't want to overpay, but if were picking up cheaper forwards through trade then 1 little overpayment on a defenceman isn't so bad. Overspending on a forward and a defenceman would be a huge blow to this team though.

This makes a lot of sense, get a guy in Hemsky who is fast, skilled hands, and can score goals. If there was a possibility of getting Paajarvi that would definitely be an interesting acquisition, having him and Zibanejad on a line would look quite nice. Now the real question is which defenceman would we go after? Edler, Ehrhoff?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I wouldn't mind that. 2 big young blueliners with similar potential who need a change. If all we need to add is a mid-round pick or a lower tier prospect, then I'd do it.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
This makes a lot of sense, get a guy in Hemsky who is fast, skilled hands, and can score goals. If there was a possibility of getting Paajarvi that would definitely be an interesting acquisition, having him and Zibanejad on a line would look quite nice. Now the real question is which defenceman would we go after? Edler, Ehrhoff?

if were gonna buy....I'd say Ehrhoff

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I've been hoping for Ehrhoff since last summer. I wonder though what it would take to pry him out of Buffalo.

Trading Anderson would be a huge mistake. Anyone actually watch last night's game? Lehner is a rookie, and he is still maturing into a reasonable goaltender. He may be the goalie of the future, but the future is not coming this year and possibly not next either. Without a goalie we have no chance of winning night to night.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
if were gonna buy....I'd say Ehrhoff

Tim murray aready said bryan isn't giving him what he wants I think BM is very cautious when giving up prospects that tim is asking for. Not to mention dorian and tim murray probably cancel eachother out. Tim asks for a guy, pierre says no. they both know the prospect pool so well. Id like Campbell.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Tim murray aready said bryan isn't giving him what he wants I think BM is very cautious when giving up prospects that tim is asking for. Not to mention dorian and tim murray probably cancel eachother out. Tim asks for a guy, pierre says no. they both know the prospect pool so well. Id like Campbell.

I really like Campbell too, but he costs too much for a cap conscious team. He is over 7 MM in both cap hit and real salary for the next 2 years after this one.

Florida may also need to be conscious of the rising cap floor. While I am not 100% familiar with their situation, they are currently at the very bottom in spending. They may need Campbell's huge contract to stay safely above the cap floor.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax

personaly i think if we dont rattle off 4 straight wins we stand or sell......not buy....and even if we do win every game till the deadline were going after a forward....not a defensemen......even tho D is what we need to improve Murray has already said hes after offense not defense....

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I really like Campbell too, but he costs too much for a cap conscious team. He is over 7 MM in both cap hit and real salary for the next 2 years after this one.

Florida may also need to be conscious of the rising cap floor. While I am not 100% familiar with their situation, they are currently at the very bottom in spending. They may need Campbell's huge contract to stay safely above the cap floor.

also this....theres no way we get campbell....well unless we can work out some money matching magic and convince the panthers to eat our garbage...ie take Michalek Greening Phillips for Campbell....lol... Which is a joke...not gonna happen....although id be more then happy if it did...

Woooooo post #1000 when do I get my hall of fame invite....I've been a hell of a super pest ala Essa Tikanen and I want my reward. I know I take some untimely penalties and even get in some bad fights but it just shows I love my team....a true leader like Chris Neil ;) ..wait I'd have to retire and I still have lots of pissing off to do.....nm....ill wait for 10 000 lol

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

NO EDLER!!!! EVER!!! Gutless, soft, weak in both ends...

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Dreger says the Sens are still negotiating with Phillips. One of Wiercioch, Cowen or Borowiecki (all left side D same as Phillips on 1 way deals next year not counting Methot) must be on the block. They'll never develop the young guys if BM can't let go of the old guard.

Berserker*

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 1m
Tim Murray, chuckling when asked about talks with former team: "I am trying to do a deal with Bryan." We'll see, Tim says. #Sabres #Sens

Ott or Moulson?

Berserker*

Scott CruickshankVerified account
‏@CruickshankCH
For #Flames #King game tonight in Calgary -- scouts from Dallas, Chicago, Toronto, Edmonton, Florida, Ottawa, New Jersey, NY Rangers. #nhlp

Wonder who we could be scouting from the Kings and Flames

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So I went on tsn.ca today, and there was a giant picture of Phillips.

I was like: "Holy crap! Phillips got traded!"

And then I read the text, and it was just talking about rumors. I was really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad