Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 2013/14 - XIV Rumour: OTT-STL-BUF: Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
So his shot is below average. Yes.

Why does that mean that overall, he is a bad contributor? He basically does everything else well.

Should Condra be a top 6 player? Should he be playing with Turris? No. But he's a good 3rd liner and excellent 4th liner. This team especially needs him because of a lack of good defensive forwards. He has chemistry with everyone he plays with.

Get Chris Stewart and ship out Neil. Green - Smith - Condra 4th line is the best 4th line in the league.

Neil is better than greening.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I would move Condra long before Greening. Condra is the easiest piece to replace. His penalty killing is overrated. They have enough guys in the system who can do that job. I'd even teach Conacher how to do it if it means they dump Condra.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I am ok with Condra staying, providing we move Greening. We do need third line guys who are pretty decent at D and can get into the other team's zones. Doing something with that possession would be nice, but we have a budget.

Condra should be a 4th line player. If he plays a 4th line role, plays 4th line minutes, and is paid like a 4th liner, then he's not a huge problem.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
notice when condra is placed anywhere in the bottom six that line immediately becomes effective. Condra has a positive effect on his linemates. Greening is the opposite

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Gonna have a tough time moving Greening with that contract. Fortunately he's fine playing with Smith and Condra IMO. That line has 2 big guys who can hit, is good at puck possession and rarely gives up scoring chances, and all of them can play on the PK. It's everything you want out of your 4th line.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
You can also bump Condra or Greening up in the lineup and while they don't look excellent, they don't look horrible either. Neil really can't play against top lines.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Marek Svatos scored 32 goals. What's your point?

Neil brings more to the team than Greening, Greening has more "skill", I guess.

My point is theres a possibility Greening can improve and return to a 15+ goal scorer. I think this season outlier and his performance will improve.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Greening scored 17 goals, a feat neil has yet to accomplish. Greening could still bounce back into his rookie and sophomore form

It is hard to believe that 17 goal season was just two years ago. He's fallen a long way since then, and not just in offensive output ... every facet of his game has deteriorated.

I like the guy, very intelligent and personable, but I'd be happy to see him gone. Ship him off for a 7th rd pick and give his money to Michalek.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It is hard to believe that 17 goal season was just two years ago. He's fallen a long way since then, and not just in offensive output ... every facet of his game has deteriorated.

I like the guy, very intelligent and personable, but I'd be happy to see him gone. Ship him off for a 7th rd pick and give his money to Michalek.

Isn't Greening right behind Neil in leading Ottawa players in hits? Doesn't he play on the PK a lot & doesn't PM play the Greening, Smith & Neil line as much if not more than any other line? While many complain a lot about Greening on here the coach doesn't seem to aqree & continues to play him a lot.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Isn't Greening right behind Neil in leading Ottawa players in hits? Doesn't he play on the PK a lot & doesn't PM play the Greening, Smith & Neil line as much if not more than any other line? While many complain a lot about Greening on here the coach doesn't seem to aqree & continues to play him a lot.

The Sens coaches and management do a lot of things I don't agree with.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Greening scored 17 goals, a feat neil has yet to accomplish. Greening could still bounce back into his rookie and sophomore form

I know what your saying, but we need room too, and we need leadership like Neil.

We room fir some of our peospects. let me tell you lazar is the best forward IMO on the oil kings, he plays center on the PP the PK and ES, he has good hands, speed and plays physical. I really hope we keep him center. I somewhat think we're pretty stacked at center for the future Turris Zibanejad Lazar Smith

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
If history repeats itself I think Murray is trying to go big right now.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It is hard to believe that 17 goal season was just two years ago.

Man, I remember when I said, after the end of the 2011-12 season, that Greening was going to regress big time because his offensive production was tied in a massive way to playing with (uninjured) Spezza & Michalek.

People weren't hearing it then, but even I didn't think that he would regress his much. I thought he'd settle into a decent career as a respectable 3rd liner...

*EDIT*

Ooh! I found my original post from 2012 on this:
Michael Frolik had 45 points in his rookie year, and he's a 4th liner.
Bill Muckalt had 36 his first year, and we all know how THAT turned out.

Colby Armstrong.
Rob Gaudreau.
Dixon Ward.

Now, I don't necessarily think that Greening is doomed to our 4th line either, but there's precedence for it happening. It's not completely out of the question. Could still happen, though I don;t think it's terribly likely. He did get 37 points, as a 25 year old, on the 4th line. He doesn't have NEARLY the season he did without holding that juicy spot on Spezza's wing based mostly on the fact that the Sens really didn't have any better options.

I'm just saying there's good reason to expect a regression in Greening's stats. Playing Devil's Advocate here more than anything, though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think a lot of the criticism aimed at Greening is a little unfair. When he was on Spezza's line two yrs ago that line was Ottawa's most offensive line so he was playing with better players & was fortunate enough to be a recipient of offensive pts. This yr he has mostly played with Neil & Smith on a shutdown line which is counter to accumulating pts & explains why he isn't putting up more pts. Most seem to accept that from Condra but not from Greening for some reason & IMO Greening does a lot more than Condra.

His play IMO has not digressed but his role has changed for the most part. If he was as bad as people on here keep saying then why does the coach keep playing him in numerous different situations? If you don't like that blame the coaching staff or management not Greening. He always seems like he is working his ass off every shift with few turnovers IMO, more than I can say for some other players.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think a lot of the criticism aimed at Greening is a little unfair. When he was on Spezza's line two yrs ago that line was Ottawa's most offensive line so he was playing with better players & was fortunate enough to be a recipient of offensive pts. This yr he has mostly played with Neil & Smith on a shutdown line which is counter to accumulating pts & explains why he isn't putting up more pts. Most seem to accept that from Condra but not from Greening for some reason & IMO Greening does a lot more than Condra.

His play IMO has not digressed but his role has changed for the most part. If he was as bad as people on here keep saying then why does the coach keep playing him in numerous different situations? If you don't like that blame the coaching staff or management not Greening. He always seems like he is working his ass off every shift with few turnovers IMO, more than I can say for some other players.

Greening turns the puck over quite a bit.

And while he may appear to work hard, I find that he rarely wins puck battles ... a symptom that he's unwilling to really get dirty to win a game.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't mind Greening as a player, it's his new contract that sucks. Being a budget team, I think we can replace enough of what he brings for much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad