Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 2013/14 - XIV Rumour: OTT-STL-BUF: Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greening turns the puck over quite a bit.

And while he may appear to work hard, I find that he rarely wins puck battles ... a symptom that he's unwilling to really get dirty to win a game.

If that is the case why does the coach keep playing him? Why does his line get the minutes they get every game? Why does he play on the PK? Why is he 2nd in hits on this team? I don't think people know the role he plays on this team, I think he is a shutdown forward & on an energy line. I don't think he is expected to score a lot.

Othello*

If that is the case why does the coach keep playing him? Why does his line get the minutes they get every game? Why does he play on the PK? Why is he 2nd in hits on this team? I don't think people know the role he plays on this team, I think he is a shutdown forward & on an energy line. I don't think he is expected to score a lot.

Same could be said about Phillips with his time on the PP and what not. Phillips was getting lots of ice time even though he sucked

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

I agree, it's more of a matter of his contract not really reflecting well with his role.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The more I read and hear about Stewart the less enthused I am at the prospect of us acquiring him. I'm starting to think it's going to be a mistake if we do get him. I'd rather give the kids a chance over this guy.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
More WIercioch

Yes hence keep Phillips on so that Cowen can sit and Corvo can sit as well.

Question to all of yous

What makes our team better defensively as a whole:

a)getting another skilled forward who can drive possession or

or

b) adding another solid 3/4 D that helps Wier Cowen Gryba slide down and play protected minutes

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The more I read and hear about Stewart the less enthused I am at the prospect of us acquiring him. I'm starting to think it's going to be a mistake if we do get him. I'd rather give the kids a chance over this guy.

The problem is that some of our "kids" aren't much younger than Stewart.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart is sure better than Condra or Greening in the top 6

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Look at our record, I wouldn't use coaching in an argument unless it's in a negative manner.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I know I mention this guy a lot but Cup 06 on Yost's blog is saying that he is 90 percent sure that there will be big news in Sens land tomorrow. Buckle up

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I really hate all of this waiting leading up to some trades. I hope something happens Monday afternoon, but I am thinking it may go right down to the deadline.

If Murray is gonna do multiple trades, I feel as if he will do at least 1 tomorrow and get a better feel of what else he wants to do during deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad