Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
From the reports it seems that Drouin was more valuable than Duchene.

I honestly wonder what he gets traded for. GMs just don't want to give up young defenseman in trades unless it's a pretty big name coming back and under team control for a longer duration of time.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I wonder if there are any bigger names available that we are not aware of.

Yea, an add like Drouin would get the league talking about the Flyers. But I expect this to be a very quiet trade season for us unless Hextall can create more mericles.

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yea, an add like Druin would get the league talking about the Flyers.

Realistically, I'm much more optimistic than most here. With the second overall now in our hands plus Lindblom coming over, I feel this team is going to be better than expected.

Provy hopefully gets better, I'm hoping a upwards trend this year and not regression. Ghost can only be better next year, especially offensively. Add in more mobile and offensive minded defense and an assistant coach who looks to push the pace, I think we have a chance to be a sneaky good hockey club.

Adding one piece that can be a long term fixture on this team would go a long way. Just have to find that and if it's available. I'm not opposed to not making a deal though. I have confidence in our young defenseman. I think they will be what surprise us the most. Hexy has been extremely patient with them in order to have them jump into a top 4 role. I don't think it's that crazy if they come out and succeed.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Realistically, I'm much more optimistic than most here. With the second overall now in our hands plus Lindblom coming over, I feel this team is going to be better than expected.

Provy hopefully gets better, I'm hoping a upwards trend this year and not regression. Ghost can only be better next year, especially offensively. Add in more mobile and offensive minded defense and an assistant coach who looks to push the pace, I think we have a chance to be a sneaky good hockey club.

Adding one piece that can be a long term fixture on this team would go a long way. Just have to find that and if it's available. I'm not opposed to not making a deal though. I have confidence in our young defenseman. I think they will be what surprise us the most. Hexy has been extremely patient with them in order to have them jump into a top 4 role. I don't think it's that crazy if they come out and succeed.

I am very optimistic about the future, even to the point of believing that Hextall is building a multi cup winner, but very skeptical of progress next season. Two much is being expecting of rookies to turn around a team that has struggle to score 5on5 for the last three years. And I am not even sure outside of Lindblom that the most talented rookies, #2 pick, Sanheim, Myers, will even be on the team. Plus will Hakstol even play these guys in prominent positions?

I think Hextall needs to add another 5on5 scoret and a defenseman but only on for cheap. Next season isn't worth hurting the future. But without those it could be another long year under Hakstol's watch...... Or I am wrong and the rookies will be lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad