Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Do you think it makes sense to have a separate permanent thread for trade proposals and rumors that is not included in the Roster thread, AHL thread or other thread. I think there should be a separate thread to discuss proposals and rumors distinct from the other threads.

Last edited:

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Do you think it makes sense to have a separate permanent thread for trade proposals and rumors that is not included in the Roster thread, AHL thread or other thread. I think there should be a separate thread to discuss proposals and rumors distinct from the other threads.

I think a separate thread would be good. For instance:

Has there been any discussions regarding trading down? The Coyotes have 7 and 27. Would anyone be interested in that kind of trade that isn't big on Patrick/Nico depending on who falls to 2? Would the Coyotes want to do this?

Would you offer it up for Eichel? Would you add?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
What are your thoughts on the following proposal.

Before the expansion draft trading Raffl and Laughton for Dallas 2nd round pick.

---------------------

The rationale is instead of losing Raffl or Laughton in the expansion draft, you trade both for an early 2nd and get a good prospect like Robertson or Chytil. Presumably, one of Read, Weisse or Neuvirth gets selectedin the expansion. Assuming it is Weisse - the Flyers 2017 Roster looks like:

Weal - Giroux - Simmonds
Voracek - Couturier - Schenn
Konen - Hisch/Patrick - Lindblom
Cousins - Fillipula - Read
Bellemare / Vecchione

I think the forward roster is very strong and the Flyers backend should be much improved. Also, by losing Raffl and Weisse the Flyers have more cap breathing space which could be helpful depending on how the season goes.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011

Has there been any discussions regarding trading down? The Coyotes have 7 and 27. Would anyone be interested in that kind of trade that isn't big on Patrick/Nico depending on who falls to 2? Would the Coyotes want to do this?

I would trade the 2nd in a heartbeat for Eichel as well as add. No way Buffalo makes that trade.

With respect to Arizona, the 7th and 27th is not enough. It would take an overpayment like Keller + 7th but Arizona would wisely not make that offer.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
What are your thoughts on the following proposal.

Before the expansion draft trading Raffl and Laughton for Dallas 2nd round pick.

---------------------

The rationale is instead of losing Raffl or Laughton in the expansion draft, you trade both for an early 2nd and get a good prospect like Robertson or Chytil. Presumably, one of Read, Weisse or Neuvirth gets selectedin the expansion. Assuming it is Weisse - the Flyers 2017 Roster looks like:

Weal - Giroux - Simmonds
Voracek - Couturier - Schenn
Konen - Hisch/Patrick - Lindblom
Cousins - Fillipula - Read
Bellemare / Vecchione

I think the forward roster is very strong and the Flyers backend should be much improved. Also, by losing Raffl and Weisse the Flyers have more cap breathing space which could be helpful depending on how the season goes.

I would do this but I'm not sure Dallas would have interest?? There are quite a few guys I like in the 2nd this year.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I would trade the 2nd in a heartbeat for Eichel as well as add. No way Buffalo makes that trade.

With respect to Arizona, the 7th and 27th is not enough. It would take an overpayment like Keller + 7th but Arizona would wisely not make that offer.

Yeah, for Eichel I would even add Sanheim to it.

Arizona deal - My original thought was heck no, but when I think about what could be had and if they weren't sold on one of Patrick/Hischier and really liked someone like Glass/Necas/etc. they would have the chance to also land a Lipanov/Yanamoto/Ratcliff/Lind/someone else that they love at the back end of the first (whoever that may be).

Domi + 7 is another thought....I cant see any chance of Keller moving.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I voted no, even though no reads like it should still be a yes the way it's phrased.
I don't want to have to search for a krazykat trade proposal. I like finding them sprinkled in with other discussions. It's like finding a second toy inside a box of cereal.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't know which option to choose. Both seem to point to making the separate thread. Have the Russians hacked our voting process, too?

Btw, I am good with a separate trade proposals thread. Then again, when has any thread stayed on topic here?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011

Arizona deal - My original thought was heck no, but when I think about what could be had and if they weren't sold on one of Patrick/Hischier and really liked someone like Glass/Necas/etc. they would have the chance to also land a Lipanov/Yanamoto/Ratcliff/Lind/someone else that they love at the back end of the first (whoever that may be).

Domi+ 7th is fair. To trade the pick I would want an overpayment. We need a potential 1C to replace Giroux. I would rather grab someone at #2.

I don't think we should be trading Sanheim. Sanheim + 2 could be a good trade but is too risky for me. We don't need to roll the dice like that. I would rather be patient. At the end of the day, if your blueline sucks your screwed. Look at Nashville is doing with a weak forward group but a really good backend. I would rather hold on to the 2nd and Sanheim.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
obviously would offer #2 for eichel and add but buffalo would never ever do it unless the add was provorov which is a no go for us.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So you made a thread about trades and proposals to ask if we should have a thread about trades and proposals????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I don't know which option to choose. Both seem to point to making the separate thread. Have the Russians hacked our voting process, too?

Btw, I am good with a separate trade proposals thread. Then again, when has any thread stayed on topic here?

my apologies - starting the day without coffee is dangerous. Appreciate the feedback and sorry again for the crappy wording.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Domi+ 7th is fair. To trade the pick I would want an overpayment. We need a potential 1C to replace Giroux. I would rather grab someone at #2.

I don't think we should be trading Sanheim. Sanheim + 2 could be a good trade but is too risky for me. We don't need to roll the dice like that. I would rather be patient. At the end of the day, if your blueline sucks your screwed. Look at Nashville is doing with a weak forward group but a really good backend. I would rather hold on to the 2nd and Sanheim.

Yeah I'm with this. You want #2 you're paying out the ass. Domi, 7, 27, maybe even more. They won't do it but that's probably what it would take (unless of course Patrick's injury concern is legit).

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

Easy no for me we need a #1c prospect No chance am I trading any d prospects until our defense is fixed and watching sanheims progression in the ahl this year no way am I trading him now he is close to nhl ready.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
my apologies - starting the day without coffee is dangerous. Appreciate the feedback and sorry again for the crappy wording.

I think it's probably a good idea to have a separate thread, but I am pretty sure that thread would be an abject catastrophe :laugh: The Andy MacDonald defending version of a thread. Let's have at it! :yo:

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Yeah I'm with this. You want #2 you're paying out the ass. Domi, 7, 27, maybe even more. They won't do it but that's probably what it would take (unless of course Patrick's injury concern is legit).

Yeah, the Zona deal is the one i was trying to see peoples thoughts because I just dont know how I feel and what it would take (or if they would even want to).

The Eichel trade - I'm still all in with #2 and Sanheim. I think Eichel is worth it and will only get better. I will admit though, I have Eichel blinders and definitely rate him a little higher than most (example - I personally like him more than Mathews). Just love the guys game!!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Why on Earth would we do such a terrible thing?! Is Arizona also including Max Domi?

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Why on Earth would we do such a terrible thing?! Is Arizona also including Max Domi?

If they are, would you be interested? That's what I'm trying to see....what do people think it would take and what would be agreed upon on both sides. I do think we keep #2 and are happy with either guy but you just never know..

I believe that this is taking too long to happen and my mind is just going places that it wasn't before and probably shouldn't. I'm fine with the criticism that I may receive and will be glad when this is all over. :)

Disclaimer: I did mention trading back last year and was blasted for it by most (although my targets were not the same). This situation is much different considering our position and I do understand that. Killing time I guess.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they are, would you be interested? That's what I'm trying to see....what do people think it would take and what would be agreed upon on both sides. I do think we keep #2 and are happy with either guy but you just never know..

I believe that this is taking too long to happen and my mind is just going places that it wasn't before and probably shouldn't. I'm fine with the criticism that I may receive and will be glad when this is all over. :)

Disclaimer: I did mention trading back last year and was blasted for it by most (although my targets were not the same). This situation is much different considering our position and I do understand that. Killing time I guess.

Here's where I am at on trading the #2 pick..

It's extremely difficult to find a 1C outside of the top 5 picks in the Draft. It basically requires a good bit of luck.

The Flyers VERY rarely pick inside of the top 5 in the Draft (6 times in 50 years).

This Draft isn't considered a particularly strong class. Some experts even feel the top 2 players, which are in a tier of their own, aren't sure-things to be elite 1st liners (I disagree there).

When you add all of that up, I would not trade the 2nd overall pick for anything short of a current legit 1C that is under 24 years old (Barkov, Eichel, etc.). We can't pass up this rare opportunity.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Here's where I am at on trading the #2 pick..

It's extremely difficult to find a 1C outside of the top 5 picks in the Draft. It basically requires a good bit of luck.

The Flyers VERY rarely pick inside of the top 5 in the Draft (6 times in 50 years).

This Draft isn't considered a particularly strong class. Some experts even feel the top 2 players, which are in a tier of their own, aren't sure-things to be elite 1st liners (I disagree there).

When you add all of that up, I would not trade the 2nd overall pick for anything short of a current legit 1C that is under 24 years old (Barkov, Eichel, etc.). We can't pass up this rare opportunity.

Totally feeling everything that you stated. I am having a moment of weakness with Patrick (if he is even the guy at 2) and wondering if he will be the good to great 1st liner that we are expecting or if someone like Glass/Necas will be just as good?? I'm going to go watch some highlights and see if I can get back on the Patrick train (or please convince me if you can :))

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

I would add any of our young d to the 2nd if it meant Eichel coming back.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Over the weekend I read that LVGK was going to announce several trades on Monday or Tuesday. No word about them since. Has Bettmann hit the league with a no news but SC coverage while the series goes on like forever due to its scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad