Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Conversely, have you ever played the game telephone as a kid? When a message goes through various channels it tends to get distorted.

I don't think boomer is full of it, but I do think he's playing awfully fast and loose with the info he got

I agree, with the unsual circumstances of this trade, I think it was very risky to leak it.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Essentially tied for 3rd in the conference.

Better rebuild!

Only Rangers fans...

This must be that new math I keep hearing about. There are 5 teams in the eastern conference with more points than the Rangers. There are 7 teams in the west with more points than the Rangers, but I guess they don't count, despite being much stronger than the east overall.

League-wide, the Rangers are 13th out of 30. 16 teams make the playoffs. A 2 or 3 game losing streak and we'd likely find ourselves on the outside looking in.

TrueBlue9

Apr 23, 2007
This is the only logic I can see behind Stevie Y pulling the trigger here. St. Louis is restless, and wants to go. Stamkos is coming back and will replace St. Louis production on the score sheet equally. Their PK is towards to bottom of the league. In theory Tampa could be getting the addition of Callahan for a playoff push for nothing. They also have first dibs on him come this offseason. That being said if you are Yzerman you have to decide if you want St. Louis and Stamkos for a run or bulk up in terms of intensity and defense with Callahan.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Has AV not been on record saying this team needs to get bigger? Trade for St Louis, the right side would be Nash/St Louis/MZA

That's adding size?

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Boomer says he's had this for weeks. I'm sure his source is ok with outing it now.

So much hate in this thread.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Boomer says he's had this for weeks. I'm sure his source is ok with outing it now.

That's the question mark however.

Weeks ago MSL did request a trade due to a snub (speculation), fast forward and he just wins a gold medal. Is the hatchet buried now? Did Boomer go back and ask if this is still a done deal?

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
That's the question mark however.

Weeks ago MSL did request a trade due to a snub (speculation), fast forward and he just wins a gold medal. Is the hatchet buried now? Did Boomer go back and ask if this is still a done deal?

Fwiw he had MDZ for Klein weeks before it happened. Sather drags everything out I guess.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

That would tie to Brooks's storyline from last night. Let's pray that the Rangers haven't bent over and conceded on the other part of that same story, which was TB demanding a slew of prospects and picks in addition to Cally.

Honestly, I don't care if Slats whittled him down to a 1-to-1 deal. It's the wrong move. Why for once aren't we the team recouping picks and prospects?

And can we please stop with the "Lundqvist's window" crap? He's likely got another good 7-10 years in him based on the career arcs of previous allstar goalies. And so what if he doesn't? After him it'll be McDonagh's window closing, and then Kreider's and then Duclair's (if we don't trade him for MSL), etc., etc. Someone's window is ALWAYS closing. Its a poor argument for constantly making the quick-fix move.

The right way to build a team is to continue to amass assets until you've got a complete core in place. Then, and only then, should you consider bringing in older, complementary pieces to fill in.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Can someone tell me what Boomer said on the show? Didn't get a chance to watch it.

Cally for MSL seems like a bad, bad deal for TB.
Cally+ for MSL seems like a bad deal for us, depending on the +.

Not really sure how I see this going down.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
It is not JagrIt...is not Umberger. It is not Tuomo RuutuIt is not Cam AtkinsonIt is not Boston, MTL or ColumbusIt is not Troy Brouwer or Brooks LaichIt is not Tomas TatarIt is not Jason Spezza or Milan MichalekBoomer is a 9 out of 10*on a scale of whether he thinks the deal will be made.It is not Columbus*or at least not Umberger, Artie or AtkinsonIt is not*Daniel Alfredsson

(SNY Rangers blog)

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Rangers do have a core building.. mcdonagh, stepan, kreider, nash, hank, and probably girardi.. Miller can be one, etc.. it's not like we have nothing

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Honestly, I don't care if Slats whittled him down to a 1-to-1 deal. It's the wrong move. Why for once aren't we the team recouping picks and prospects?

The only way the reported deal happens is if St. Louis forced it. In that case, it's likely that he would re-sign to a reasonable contract at the end of next season. St. Louis' production over the next 3-4 years is likely to be more valuable to this team than a late 1st rounder will ever be. I wouldn't be a fan of sending additional assets along with Callahan to land St. Louis, but in a 1-for-1 swap, you'd have to be insane to say no.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Can someone tell me what Boomer said on the show? Didn't get a chance to watch it.

Cally for MSL seems like a bad, bad deal for TB.
Cally+ for MSL seems like a bad deal for us, depending on the +.

Not really sure how I see this going down.

This boils it down nicely... Someone is getting ripped off. Which side is it? Which is why I still believe we don't have the full story.

It can't be 1 for 1

IF it's not, what in God's name is Sather adding? I'm afraid to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad