Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The Rangers need picks. Not simply to pray they develop into stars, but to use as chips to trade for the right players.

Stewart? MSL? These guys do nothing for the organization. Getting Marty is like getting Dionne. Ridley and Miller were traded for Carpenter, who was traded for Dionne after less than a season. Dionne had one very good season the year the Rangers had the best power play in NHL history, but he was always crying because he loved LA.

No more old dudes. Trade Callahan and Girardi for picks. Lots of picks, or as many as you can.

Dionne was friggin 78 when he was aquired.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
In the name of all that's holy - why would we trade Nash for a 38 year old MSL?

I don't believe this will happen. But maybe the rangers don't believe in nash in the same vein Yzerman doesn't believe in MSL. And MSL's deal will be up next summer which is when a decent crop of FAs may be available. Sub in MSL for a yr+ and then have the cap space to bring in a player to replace Nash's role for the long term. I think the numbers for Nash/MSL would be comparable this year and next, no?

Again I don't say this happening. If say Toronto's GM fell in love with Nash and wants to swap JVR with him, that I can see.

MSL not so much. But there could be internal convos going on about how they would go forward hypothetically if they did

Last edited:

Nightshift

Mar 22, 2013
It sure seems Yzerman pushed MSL's buttons if this comes true. No reason to make a deal like that unless player has requested a move.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Why is Tampa Bay trading St. Louis for a rental? Boomer won't discuss that. He is their leading scorer and is signed for next season. $5M salary. Yzerman is giving up that value for a rental who wants 7 years and $47M. TB is giving Callahan $47M? :sarcasm:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Why is Tampa Bay trading St. Louis for a rental? Boomer won't discuss that. He is their leading scorer and is signed for next season. $5M salary. Yzerman is giving up that value for a rental who wants 7 years and $47M. TB is giving Callahan $47M? :sarcasm:

Yeah, Boomer conveniently skirted both the business AND hockey aspects of this trade. If his theory/source is legit, this basically comes down to a trade of convenience made to satisfy the personal demands of an aging superstar.

I will still be shocked if it goes down.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Has Boomer confirmed he frequents HF Boards? People should hammer him with that question

ive wondered in the past if he is SERE24. He strikes me as a guy who would have loved Zubov. My dad loved Zubov, my dad brings up that guy more then any Ranger let go outside of Leetch.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Boomer is a great hockey with tons of Ranger love but I will not watch or listen a minute to that show. Cartons lack of nhl respect is disgusting and his comedy is very unfunny and crude

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
HFNYR detectives unit.

All that has to happen now is actual move and the crow eating will be epic.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Yes, but one would think it would be more going the other direction than just Callahan. .. No way we'd see MSL and a pick. If Boomer is right regarding the player plus a pick, doubt it's for MSL unless there's more to it.. But, just my opinion.... :)

unless Callahan signs. That might be whats holding up the deal. But on the other side, Yzerman wants a conditional (probably) 1st if callahan isn't re-signed. Or one of the Rangers surer prospects, maybe a fast or lindberg. Both should be decent players in the league.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
HFNYR detectives unit.

All that has to happen now is actual move and the crow eating will be epic.

I'm still going to be stunned if this goes down - it makes no sense from a TB perspective. It's not a bad deal for the Rangers who can get a year+ out of one of the leagues top players and still trade him next year as a pending UFA if they aren't in playoff position.

If the Rangers start throwing in picks and/or other players then it's a **** deal for the NYR

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Nash is the one guy on the team who can be relied upon to put the puck in the net on a routine basis and people want to trade him. Unreal. We need to add goals, not trade our 1 goal scorer for another.

Oh but can he. He hardly scored in the playoffs last year. And in about a combined 1 season of him being a ranger, we've seen at least 3 prolonged stretches where he wasnt scoring and wasnt involved. Plus he's had 2+ concussions since he has been here. Wanna talk about bias towards callahan, there is a lot of overlooking Nash overall level of play on this board.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Is it possible St. Louis asked to be traded? Did he and Stevie Y have that big of a falling out?

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
At what price? The same price now or maybe even higher closer to free agency. The price isn't going down. The Rangers don't want to give Callahan 7 years and Girardi 6 years. Callahan will get 7 and Girardi will get 7 in free agency.

Girardi is gonna get done. Its just Sather negotiating the way he does. Cat sees his spots and accepts himself, and bes himself.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
I still think IF this happens its not Olympics motivated, its a Family thing. MSL wants to be closer to home is all. Heck the practice facility is a short drive from his home in CT. Makes much more sense than this Olympic snub nonsense.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers need picks. Not simply to pray they develop into stars, but to use as chips to trade for the right players.

Stewart? MSL? These guys do nothing for the organization. Getting Marty is like getting Dionne. Ridley and Miller were traded for Carpenter, who was traded for Dionne after less than a season. Dionne had one very good season the year the Rangers had the best power play in NHL history, but he was always crying because he loved LA.

No more old dudes. Trade Callahan and Girardi for picks. Lots of picks, or as many as you can.

There is a bit of a difference. Just saying. There was no real need to move either Ridley or Miller. Their contracts were very manageable--there was no cap--they weren't holding up the team with contract demands. The Rangers did that because Carpenter still was a young guy and a lot of people thought once he got over his injuries he'd be a big star. After they got him and figured out his knees were kind of ****ed and he wasn't going to be the star they hoped for they moved him on for Dionne.

St. Louis appears to me to have a few years left in the tank. He's in better shape than Jagr or Selanne IMO. His conditioning is top notch. More the problem for me is whether his acquisition means that Richards hangs around--doesn't get bought out. Another problem is I don't think we can really afford to send prospects or draft picks along with Callahan. We need to do a bit of infrastructure rebuilding. Callahan for just picks and prospects doesn't work well either if the team is serious about taking the best shot they can this season. Even if they don't look like a legit Cup contender they do look like a team that can at least repeat what they did last year--just making the playoffs is important.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
So many here make fun of Sather.

If this has all been nothing but a sham, he can surely make fun of many here on the boards.......acting like cats chasing a string.

F that. shame on the person of people who play games with people like that. not the only way around. I question thought processes sometimes. What are we stupid little frat boys. Is that what men are on earth at this point.

take a hike man with that ish

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Let me go on record as saying I hope it's not MSL. I don't want him. Yes, he's an instant upgrade over Cally, but he's a long term rental. The rest of this year, next year, and then what? He'll be 40. I'd rather get longer term assets, even if they aren't as good. And I have a hard time believing we could get MSL straight up for Cally. I'm not interested in giving up a conditional pick.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

There is a bit of a difference. Just saying. There was no real need to move either Ridley or Miller. Their contracts were very manageable--there was no cap--they weren't holding up the team with contract demands. The Rangers did that because Carpenter still was a young guy and a lot of people thought once he got over his injuries he'd be a big star. After they got him and figured out his knees were kind of ****ed and he wasn't going to be the star they hoped for they moved him on for Dionne.

St. Louis appears to me to have a few years left in the tank. He's in better shape than Jagr or Selanne IMO. His conditioning is top notch. More the problem for me is whether his acquisition means that Richards hangs around--doesn't get bought out. Another problem is I don't think we can really afford to send prospects or draft picks along with Callahan. We need to do a bit of infrastructure rebuilding. Callahan for just picks and prospects doesn't work well either if the team is serious about taking the best shot they can this season. Even if they don't look like a legit Cup contender they do look like a team that can at least repeat what they did last year--just making the playoffs is important.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Wow. Sit through 10 minutes of an unwatchable show to find out what we already know.

hahaha. yeah I can't watch or listen to that show. I grew up listening to Mike and the Mad Dog, don't really like Mike's persona love his knowledge and way of cutting through BS and how he gets the meat of the argument.

But can't stand Carton man

I feel like if this do a jersey shore reunion or celebrity apprentice show 10 years from now, Carton will be threw into the stew. Very jersey shore like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad