Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Everytime we get a scorer....

and they put on the Ranger uniform, it's like the jersey is made of kryptonite. You know what I mean.....

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Why is Tampa Bay trading St. Louis for a rental? Boomer won't discuss that. He is their leading scorer and is signed for next season. $5M salary. Yzerman is giving up that value for a rental who wants 7 years and $47M. TB is giving Callahan $47M? :sarcasm:

Well its obvious this is going on because St. Louis requested a trade, like has been reported. Yzerman is doing so, bc St. Louis was/is demanding one. If St. Louis reconsiders and changes his mind, its off. If not, its all about how hard/far St. Louis pushes it, and if he pulls an Iginla and says Rangers only.

The other end that is more interesting, is, is Yzerman actually considering giving Callahan what he wants in terms of contract demands?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Only way this one happens is if the player MSL truly asked to come here. If not, makes no sense for them to trade for a rental. Pick the other way sweetens things, however for the Rangers they can't afford to give a first away. 2 firsts in as many years...Not good! God I hope they aren't tossing a top prospect in the mix either. Scared for Duclair right now.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
People aren't looking at this from the right angle. Why does this trade need to make sense in reality for Boomer? He has a source he is close with, and he very clearly stated he trusts that source. Why would he argue with his source, or doubt them, when he has trusted them so much previously?

To make the analogy, if you had a close friend who at times came to you with insider information, and that information was usually correct. Would you argue with your close friend and tell them it's crazy and can't be true, or would you trust them even though it doesn't make any sense from your perspective?

We as fans on a message board cannot take our perspective and bias, then apply that to what people who are connected have to say. They more likely than not know things that we don't. With that being said even I am still skeptical, however I fully understand why Boomer is not.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Not saying boomer is full of it, maybe his source did say that.. his source imo is the one full of it

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Let me go on record as saying I hope it's not MSL. I don't want him. Yes, he's an instant upgrade over Cally, but he's a long term rental. The rest of this year, next year, and then what? He'll be 40. I'd rather get longer term assets, even if they aren't as good. And I have a hard time believing we could get MSL straight up for Cally. I'm not interested in giving up a conditional pick.

Completely agreed. Classic shortsighted, big splash, but poorly thought out Ranger move. Reeks of the bad old days - and it'll be made much, much worse if we're then adding additional assets.

Do the hard work and show patience. Draft well. Make smaller, longer term deals - several of them if need be - until you can get real foundational building blocks.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Can t.he st.Louis reference mean the blues ? Humm reverse code maybe lol I am tired

No he very clearly said before declaring the rumor that, "It has nothing to do with Marty Broduer, it has nothing to do with St. Louis (pronounced like the city) but it does have something to do with St. Louis (pronounced like the name).

Then he follows that up by saying it is a 1 for 1, MSL for Cally, unmistakeably.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Hank is 32, signed for 7 more years. They aren't going to waste his years by trading Callahan fir picks.. whether it's right or not

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm sure his source is thrilled to hear Boomer completely leak this

It really does make me wonder. Sa hypothetically this deal is actually being talked about. Does it kill the chances of it getting done? It would sure make me think twice if a deal I'm mulling is being publicly discussed before it can be agreed upon.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I'm sure his source is thrilled to hear Boomer completely leak this

Unless the MSG PR people are cool with it, totally. There must have been a moment when Boomer and his source talked where they were like, I can't do this again. I went too far.

I've also thought about whether all this leaking and it becoming a story, effects St. Louis and everything he is hearing, calls, texts, tweets, and if he is upset about it.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
It really does make me wonder. Sa hypothetically this deal is actually being talked about. Does it kill the chances of it getting done? It would sure make me think twice if a deal I'm mulling is being publicly discussed before it can be agreed upon.

Exactly. Especially when your the lightning and all the talk is, they will never do that, thats a joke.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hank is 32, signed for 7 more years. They aren't going to waste his years by trading Callahan fir picks.. whether it's right or not

Hank has nothing to do with it. The Rangers are always in win now mode. In a year and a half, MSL's contract will be up and he will be 40. What then?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Do we even know it's Callahan? Is Sather trying to add to the team to make a run? Was it ever confirmedto be Callahan

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
People aren't looking at this from the right angle. Why does this trade need to make sense in reality for Boomer? He has a source he is close with, and he very clearly stated he trusts that source. Why would he argue with his source, or doubt them, when he has trusted them so much previously?

To make the analogy, if you had a close friend who at times came to you with insider information, and that information was usually correct. Would you argue with your close friend and tell them it's crazy and can't be true, or would you trust them even though it doesn't make any sense from your perspective?

We as fans on a message board cannot take our perspective and bias, then apply that to what people who are connected have to say. They more likely than not know things that we don't. With that being said even I am still skeptical, however I fully understand why Boomer is not.

Conversely, have you ever played the game telephone as a kid? When a message goes through various channels it tends to get distorted.

I don't think boomer is full of it, but I do think he's playing awfully fast and loose with the info he got

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

A GM would never not do a trade to spite someone leaking it.

However, with the unusual circumstance of his own reputation being on the line, not making the move could kill two birds with one stone.

Basically it boils down to whether or not MSL is still requesting a trade, and whether or not he specifically said, "Rangers only." Otherwise SY would be shopping him for the best deal which would definitely not be a rental Cally.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Hank has nothing to do with it. The Rangers are always in win now mode. In a year and a half, MSL's contract will be up and he will be 40. What then?
when u have a world class goalie u damn well better be. I don't know but Jagr is still playing.. so is teemu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig