Trade Rumor and Speculations || Draft Anxiety Intensifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Pretty smart of Richardson to get the hell out of dodge he see's this train wreck coming and he wants no part of it

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Pretty smart of Richardson to get the hell out of dodge he see's this train wreck coming and he wants no part of it

I think it's more like he sees how crappy the market is and that he can cash in. I think he definitely likes Vancouver but usually money trumps all.

He can easily get 2.5 on a three year deal in a world where Jay Beagle is getting 1.75. Florida is my guess.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Richardson is going to get a good deal and thats good for him. We probably couldn't afford a 4th line Center at the $$$ he's gonna get.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Grenier virtanen baertchi corrado clendening vey must have spots opened for them. Before the season starts if higgins can fetch us a 3rd bieksa a 2nds both in 2016. We start with 1 1st 2 2nds and a 3rd. At the deadline or before when we are out(which we will be) vrbata for 1st hamhuis for 1st both in 2016. That gives us 3 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. Going into the 2016 we have all these picks and all this cap space, what if thete is another kessel phaneuf situation whete good players can be had for cheep we could snag them relatively easy if the free agent vlass isnt up to snuff. Our prospect depth would be either incredible by then or alot better then now where we would be able to go after a few big names to go with the sedins and our current prospects to fill the roster. A mini tank this year and a reload next year is how the canucks should approach their sitation if they dont want to do the complete rebuild

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Grenier virtanen baertchi corrado clendening vey must have spots opened for them. Before the season starts if higgins can fetch us a 3rd bieksa a 2nds both in 2016. We start with 1 1st 2 2nds and a 3rd. At the deadline or before when we are out(which we will be) vrbata for 1st hamhuis for 1st both in 2016. That gives us 3 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. Going into the 2016 we have all these picks and all this cap space, what if thete is another kessel phaneuf situation whete good players can be had for cheep we could snag them relatively easy if the free agent vlass isnt up to snuff. Our prospect depth would be either incredible by then or alot better then now where we would be able to go after a few big names to go with the sedins and our current prospects to fill the roster. A mini tank this year and a reload next year is how the canucks should approach their sitation if they dont want to do the complete rebuild

I agree but it's unlikely that this happens. I've always been a fan of this type of strategy for a rebuild but it's easier said than done and could really backfire if things don't go as planned.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
I agree but it's unlikely that this happens. I've always been a fan of this type of strategy for a rebuild but it's easier said than done and could really backfire if things don't go as planned.

I don't see the backfire. We win, great! We lose we get more picks and be forced into an actual rebuild but at least we gave it a try. Gaunce mccann cassels shinkarek subban hutton etc will still be on the farm gaining experience leaning from their mistakes. If we sell off on players and stockpile picks we can be in a position to move some of our prospects for a stud dman for example

arsmaster*

If the teams that finished below us last year rebound or take steps forward (Dallas, SJ, Calgary, Edm) and we decline even slightly (such as through the trading of Lack and Bieksa or further decline of Miller and other vets) then 2015-16 should be the year that finally forces the management group to accept the reality that has been apparent to this fanbase for the last couple of years, namely that this team is not "competing" in any meaningful sense. Then the fist-pumping mantra of "make the playoffs" can finally be ditched and we can collectively get on the same page of building a collection of players that in 4-5 years can be legitimately competing for the cup.

Hope for a bad 2015-16, regardless of the draft and picks that would entail. Just as important is the "wake up" it would send to management.

Doesn't this all make you feel like this season and every decision they made was a waste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad