Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXVIII: All the #1C's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
why?? he waived it once, is it once you waive it, you waive it for the remainder of the contract?? or you have to waive it each time you get traded?
Well technically once you waive it, it's gone. But most times the player only waives it with the understanding that the team will write it back in.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
why?? he waived it once, is it once you waive it, you waive it for the remainder of the contract?? or you have to waive it each time you get traded?

That is correct Punxrock. The clause is written in the contract. Essentially Nash waived the right for his contract to be traded to the Rangers. The Rangers must adhere to the terms that Columbus signed Nash to.

Brock Sampson

Feb 23, 2014
Is there any real news today other than this offer Callahan's agent made at like like 8 PM EST? I haven't been able to follow.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Is there any real news today other than this offer Callahan's agent made at like like 8 PM EST? I haven't been able to follow.

That's pretty much it.

And that both sides are allegedly at 6 years. This happened before the Olympic break according to Strang, but was not common knowledge until today.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I just can't see building a championship roster with $6 million tied up per year with Callahan. I'm still holding out hope a trade occurs.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Not sure if discussed but I just saw that the Sens are "quietly shopping" Spezza. If true, would you want him and what would you give up?

What would the Rangers have to offer to get them to listen? Cally(for cap purpose), Miller/Stepan, Kristo and a 2nd? Probably not enough? It would give us our #1 Center

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

That's pretty much it.

And that both sides are allegedly at 6 years. This happened before the Olympic break according to Strang, but was not common knowledge until today.

Also, as to Brooks's 8pm "update" - wasn't that exactly the same as what the TSN guys were all saying earlier in the day?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
This is a bunch of transparent posturing by Cally's agent;

Bottom line, if as McKenzie just said, Sather really thinks he's only worth 5.5-57 (and he is), then it's really a $6m difference and thats the ballgame - one I think has been over for some time.

I think MSL is a Ranger by tomorrow afternoon.

NYR like to leave last 24 hrs open to see what else is happening.

My guess is that Cally gets re-signed for a 6 yr deal at 6.1-6.3M.
The Rangers deal futures in the off season for MSL.

Brassard, Fast, Moore, Dorsett 1st for MSL & JT Brown.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Not sure if discussed but I just saw that the Sens are "quietly shopping" Spezza. If true, would you want him and what would you give up?

What would the Rangers have to offer to get them to listen? Cally(for cap purpose), Miller/Stepan, Kristo and a 2nd? Probably not enough? It would give us our #1 Center

Nothing. Spezza's not the answer and Kesler's not the answer. The Rangers need to move on from their own breaking down forward who's approaching his declining years - and NOT bring back another similar player in the process.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol

No on Spezza. We'd have to give fair value in a trade. Plus/minus is not a perfect stat but he's in The Yakupov Zone. He's worse defensively than Richards.

There is another guy who no one wants to sign who we wouldn't have to give up assets for - he's 28 and he plays defense. He has exactly as many points as Jason Spezza.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
So, you're proposing a scenario where Cally plays 4th line RW and Boyle is the second line center next year?

No. I don't see that happening.

Nash to LW with MSL as top line RW. It's not as if players are in capable of switching sides or playing different positions.

Miller/Lindberg will play 3rd line C.

How many games has Boyle played center this year? Is he even signed for next season?

I don't foresee Boyle being back.

Didn't Miller play all three forward positions this year?

Just some food for thought.

mti79

May 11, 2007
No on Spezza. We'd have to give fair value in a trade. Plus/minus is not a perfect stat but he's in The Yakupov Zone. He's worse defensively than Richards.

There is another guy who no one wants to sign who we wouldn't have to give up assets for - he's 28 and he plays defense. He has exactly as many points as Jason Spezza.

You lost me... Who is this? Spezza has 46 points this year. Richards leads our team with 44 and everyone wants him bought out after this year.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
You lost me... Who is this? Spezza has 46 points this year. Richards leads our team with 44 and everyone wants him bought out after this year.

Spezza is one of the few career PPG players left playing the league today (with this probably being the last week that he upholds that) but man oh man has his game slipped. He is a 2nd line center on that team.

First line center Kyle Turris is a plus 16. Second line center Jason Spezza is a -24 on the same team. Now +/- isn't an end all be all stat, but those guys play on the same team. Caveat Emptor.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Well, I guess now free agents know how to negotiate with Sather.

Nathan Gerbe's (first name that I could come up with. Haha) agent: Mr. Sather, my client and I want an 8 year deal worth 60 million dollars.

Sather: that's absurd. That's preposterous. I'm not giving you that.

NGA: Well, we're not budging.

Sather: Neither am I

*Few days go by*

NGA: OK Mr. Sather, my client really wants to play in New York. He's dropped his demand to 7 years, 56 million.

Sather: Okay, NOW we're talking. Geez, I can't believe you wanted 8/60. Are you nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad