Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXVIII: All the #1C's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I think his point is that fans turn on players here.

Callahan plays a similar game to Backes. Backes is better than Callahan. But last year, people would have been booing Backes. That was the point.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
so a deal that has a cap hit of 6 million that pays out in real dollars 7 million in the first year is not front loaded?

never mind.....im an idiot

lol
It actually was slightly illegal. The drop in the second year cannot be more than half of the first year. Shifting 250K from the first to the second makes it compliant, though.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Here's the link:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/03/callahan-still-a-ranger-still-without-extension-for-now/

It was another day of waiting, and again, to no avail.

Monday afternoon came and went without the Rangers reaching an agreement for a contract extension with their captain, Ryan Callahan, and the pressure cooker continued to build with intensity as Wednesday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline looms.

As a pending unrestricted free agent, Callahan and his camp have come down from their original asking price of seven years at more than $6.5 million per year, now with a proposal on the table believed to be six years and possibly between $6.25 and $6.5 million per. One source said Callahan’s agent had submitted their most recent revised proposal and was awaiting a response.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They're getting way too close for my liking. Is Sather even entertaining a possible trade anymore? Or can this idiot front office only focus on one thing at a time? And they still have no idea what they're doing with Stralman, Boyle, Moore, etc. I haven't seen much about their status.

Glen Sather, always one step behind.

sexton11

Nov 30, 2011
Vancouver Island
I can see it all happening already. Boos start trickling in next season after he puts up 7 goals and 12 assists in 60 games.

Season after that he's in Poti/Rosival territory, wants a trade, no one will touch him, Rangers eat half the contract to get something, anything done. Money well spent.

Punxrocknyc19*

I can see it all happening already. Boos start trickling in next season after he puts up 7 goals and 12 assists in 60 games.

Season after that he's in Poti/Rosival territory, wants a trade, no one will touch him, Rangers eat half the contract to get something, anything done. Money well spent.

or gets hurt the game after he signs the contract and is out for the year. i think that has a better chance of happening :help: i hope they trade him because its the right thing to do for this organization..

sexton11

Nov 30, 2011
Vancouver Island
or gets hurt the game after he signs the contract and is out for the year. i think that has a better chance of happening :help: i hope they trade him because its the right thing to do for this organization..

It is the right thing to do, it's so ******* obvious. This would be a crippling contract. Teams with little high end scoring talent just CANT pay north of 6m for a 'heart and soul' breaking down grinder. Teams WITH high end talent can't. Mind = boggled.

Punxrocknyc19*

Nash would have to waive his no trade clause.

why?? he waived it once, is it once you waive it, you waive it for the remainder of the contract?? or you have to waive it each time you get traded?

SupersonicMonkey*

They're getting way too close for my liking. Is Sather even entertaining a possible trade anymore? Or can this idiot front office only focus on one thing at a time? And they still have no idea what they're doing with Stralman, Boyle, Moore, etc. I haven't seen much about their status.

Glen Sather, always one step behind.

Whats more is, he won't ever get fired! Dolan is worse than Sather.

I'm not a basketball fan, or a Knicks fan, and don't pretend to know anything about them...but...

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/03/03/james-dolan-anti-george-steinbrenner/

Says it all.

Todd Harvey

Dec 29, 2013
This is a bunch of transparent posturing by Cally's agent;

Bottom line, if as McKenzie just said, Sather really thinks he's only worth 5.5-57 (and he is), then it's really a $6m difference and thats the ballgame - one I think has been over for some time.

I think MSL is a Ranger by tomorrow afternoon.

NYR like to leave last 24 hrs open to see what else is happening.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
And, mearly speculating here, I wonder what part Pat LaFontaine's resignation could play in all this; it could well have been his brainstorm to target Cally as a FA. It certainly wasnt the GM, who is newly named. With PL stepping down, Im not sure where that leaves Barnett and Callahan, and maybe neither do they.

I think a lot of it is Patty Lafontaine. This is the 2nd time he got butt hurt and quit less than a few months in working for an NHL team.

I'm not sure if Tim Murray was named GM when Barnett was talking to Buffalo, but after what Teds Nolans (name from the Latvian team) said after Lafontaine stepped down, I don't think Teds Nolans will be back.

Something is seriously amiss in Buffalo, and I would love to know what happened. My guess is Pegula calls the shots, I mean what rational GM makes the moves they made this year?

They are on their 3rd shot caller this season, and will absolutely suck for the next several years.

That's the sort of way some fans here want to run the Rangers. If you want a live demonstration of how the managerial output of an organization being run into the ground is, then look no further than Buffalo.

The tragedy of it all is that after Nolans got named coach, they had a near .500 record with that team.

On a team icing 4 teenage players, they put up historically bad record in terms of W/L and GF. Now they are trying to offload the bad contracts that Pegula gave the go ahead to a few years ago. Something leads me to believe that Tim Murray is a figure head, and Buffalo is gunning for McDavid/Eichel.

I mean you are a team that is terrible, why trade for next years 1st when you get a 1st now, and develop and a kid to the NHL a year earlier?

Tanking for McDavid/Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad