Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Trading Fiala for Duchene would be a mistake, especially if it involves Tolvanen as well. Stone would be a bit more acceptable but I still wouldn't be thrilled with it.

Now if there is some behind the scenes reason as well, obviously that comes into play as well

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Wild questions for the group.

What is an acceptable market price for Duchene at the deadline? For Stone? Zuccarello?

Duchene - ET + 1st + Salomaki/AHL (has 1 more year under contract)
Stone - ET + 1st + Freddy G/AHL (has 1 more year under contract)

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Duchene - ET + 1st + Salomaki/AHL (has 1 more year under contract)
Stone - ET + 1st + Freddy G/AHL (has 1 more year under contract)

Give me that Stone deal over Duchene. This assumes we can get him extended.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
We shouldnt even be mentioning fiala in any trade talk. Fiala has the skills to be consent 50-60 point player and with the way hes playing now we probably get him for fairly cheaper now. Just saying Duchene>>>turris
Stone>>>smith. I think either one of those players will elevate fiala's game

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
It's not just one deadline move. We traded last year's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Girard and Kamenev, we traded a 1st a few years before that. We traded a 1st a few years before that. If we trade a 1st and Tolvanen for Duchene, we are depleting an already thin farm system (leaves us susceptible if injuries hit) and fewer picks to help build it up. You need some guys on ELC's in a cap world. We can't just keep trading for guys that make good money because then we're going to have to weaken our team anyways to get back under the cap.
I agree, we do need ELCs and I think the team expected to take advantage of Tolvanen's ELC. But even if we add Tolvanen on an ELC, we still have big time center depth problems. We all saw what happened after Winnipeg got Statsny last deadline (took them over us). I don't see a good way this team is going to address their center ice without making some moves.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Can anyone say for sure if we’re out on Stone. To me, that’s my number one. As well as every other team looking to buy.

Duchene is second choice but at Tolvanen, Fiala, and a first, yikes.

Stay the **** away from Wayne Simmonds if it costs Tolvanen +

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Can anyone say for sure if we’re out on Stone. To me, that’s my number one. As well as every other team looking to buy.

Nobody can say anything for certain. All you have to go off of is what the media says.
They no doubt have their sources and some of the info is legit, but I guarantee a lot of it is falsely put out on purpose by teams in order to drive up prices/keep other teams guessing.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I agree, we do need ELCs and I think the team expected to take advantage of Tolvanen's ELC. But even if we add Tolvanen on an ELC, we still have big time center depth problems. We all saw what happened after Winnipeg got Statsny last deadline (took them over us). I don't see a good way this team is going to address their center ice without making some moves.
I believe the elc will be fabbro and trading subban this off-season. You save 8+ million in cap doing that. If we did take that route someone who is needing a rhd will pay a good price for subban and we can have 2 1st next year in a better draft. Plus if we were to get Duchene, turris becomes expendable and I think a team desperate enough needing a 2c would give us a 1st for him too. Just we still have lots of options this off-season

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

The media, yesterday, made it sound like OTT and Stone were back in negotiations about an extension. It was said OTT got "creative" and perked Stone's interest. Dreger speculated that, due to OTT's schedule, a decision would likely be made today about whether Stone goes or stays.

It seems far more likely the Preds will go after Duchene if they are going to pay a large price tag.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
And you'll be one of the first here complaining Poile didn't do anything at the deadline when the team gets bounced in the playoffs...

Getting Duchene extended is not wrecking the future. It's investing the future in your present.
Actually, no I wouldn’t be. I expect to be bounced this year. Depleting what little assests we have is too high a price for a guy who may or may not extend here. I would rather sort things out in the off season.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Sure. I'm fine with Duchene being that as well. Anybody pumping Duchene's tires just needs to be aware of the player he has been for his career and is likely to be going forward over the career year he's currently putting up.
I got ya. I would like another 60ish maybe 70 point player on this team.

Reactions: weeze

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Stone is a lot better option than Duchene. I think what we got in Turris - a 55-60 point center - is a lot similar to what we'd get in Duchene. Of course, MD is more dynamic and a better scorer but he's relatively small and soft as well. He's lighting it up in his contract year and he shouldn't get overrated.

Duchene is fine but no way I'm giving up Fiala for him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Stone is a lot better option than Duchene. I think what we got in Turris - a 55-60 point center - is a lot similar to what we'd get in Duchene. Of course, MD is more dynamic and a better scorer but he's relatively small and soft as well. He's lighting it up in his contract year and he shouldn't get overrated.

Duchene is fine but no way I'm giving up Fiala for him.
I really don't think Fiala is on the table, in fact I'm not sure if any roster player is. Anything being mentioned about Fiala has just been someone rambling with no real basis in any actual fact they've heard.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
It's gonna be tough to fit Duchene or Stone under the cap without shipping any roster player out.

And no, I really don't think Poile will trade Turris this summer, what even is his value at the moment? Cap dump?

Subban might be on the block depending how Fabbro plays.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
It's gonna be tough to fit Duchene or Stone under the cap without shipping any roster player out.

And no, I really don't think Poile will trade Turris this summer, what even is his value at the moment? Cap dump?

Subban might be on the block depending how Fabbro plays.
If we end up getting Duchene, turris will most definitely be traded. A consistent 50 point 2c who has term has plenty of value out there. This year he was held down by injuries.
As for subban I think Poile does his research in an effort to trade him this off-season. I think if you see fabbro sign after his season is over that could very well be a sign that subban is more than likely gone. Subban is a great player and will likely get a good return but with everything coming up the ED and josi extension looming Subban is the one who will probably move this off-season.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Trading Turris could be shooting yourself in the foot considering future negotiations.

"We would like to commit to you long term"
"Yeah, just like you did with Kyle Turris, eh? I'm not sure..."

That being said, assuming he'd be ok with it or even want it and Fabbro impresses this spring, then I'd move him and Subban in two trades in the offseason or draft. This comes with an assumption that we have traded for or signed Duchene, too.

Subban
for
futures if we sign Duchene in offseason (assume Tolvanen to compete for 2nd line RW then) / RW if we trade for Duchene at TDL (assume Tolvanen being part of the trade for him)

Turris
for
Faulk (he has one more year left, making him a perfect stopgap)

If Fabbro is not as ready as we hope, then trade Turris for say Demers (has two years left). If he improves drastically in his first year, then just play Demers in the 3rd pair for the second year. Not a big deal since Fabbro would still be on his ELC.

Canes and Coyotes picked because my limited knowledge says they might be interested in Turris and would have a place for him in top6 and they have fitting defensemen that could be had in a deal involving Turris.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Another option would be to keep Subban as "stopgap" solution since he's familiar with the team and the system and then trade him by the expansion draft. Especially if he can shake off whatever is holding him back and goes into beastmode in the playoffs once again, he'd be a better option imo. Assuming we can make it work cap wise, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad