Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
My hope is that Duchene is added in order to get Fiala, specifically, going again. They are both high level, skilled guys who do a lot of similar things well with zone entry and shot rates. For whatever reason this season, that line has had just terrible success with controlled zone entries and they aren't exactly a bang it out on the boards/dump and chase skill set. Duchene excels at controlled zone entries.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Assuming Tolvanen is a must...

You would have to assume a package will have to include additional pieces in some combination of

Smith
Sissons
Fiala
Salomaki
Jarnkrok
Hartman

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Rangers fan just passing through. This tidbit was in Larry Brooks' latest and figured you guys would be interested:

The Blueshirts have also received inquiries on Chris Kreider, with the Maple Leafs, Bruins and Predators believed to be three interested parties, but we’re told the winger is only available if general manager Jeff Gorton receives an offer he cannot refuse for No. 20. Thus far, no severed horses’ heads have appeared between the sheets.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/21/thanks-for-your-service-its-time-to-sit-hayes-and-zuccarello/

Also notes that Zucc and Hayes will definitely be dealt by Monday. I'm a Preds bandwagoner in the post season and thought adding both Kreider and Zucc to your 2nd line might go further than just Duchene. Obviously no bias there at all though. ;)

Reactions: LCPreds

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I don't think Sissons is going anywhere, I honestly think he is the last one on that list Poile would move.

I don't disagree, but I also think anything is possible. If you somehow move Bonino or Turris, you need to keep Sissons. If you get Duchene though, how badly do you need Sissons?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

You would have to assume a package will have to include additional pieces in some combination of

Smith
Sissons
Fiala
Salomaki
Jarnkrok
Hartman
Not necessarily. The only deadline trade I can remember fetching a team's top prospect may have been Kessel (Kapanen, though I even think he may have been "passed" by the time of that trade).

Prospect (not necessarily the very top ones)+cost-controlled roster player (e.g Bergfors, Colby Armstrong, Tierney, etc...)+pick is the standard template. I wouldn't get hopes up, but the media always overprojects as much as the fans do in these scenarios.

I'd say something like Tolvanen+Hartman+pick, but wouldn't be surprised if it's less.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018

Smith
Sissons
Fiala
Salomaki
Jarnkrok
Hartman
Id really like to think we would keep Sissons, Fiala, and Hartman. Although at this point Fiala might be on the cutting board.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Jesus id like to think wed get a pretty package for those two, im praying it doesnt come down to that.
The history of big deadline deals doesn't bear out a lot of the speculation we're seeing (though you'll see it every single time a big name is available). A lot of the time you see a decent young roster player, a good, but not elite, prospect, and picks (sometimes swaps of picks and AHL players as well). So taking that model, I'd guess something like Jarnkrok, Carrier/Allard, 1st. If that went down, it's not awful value, though after speculation of Tolvanen or Tolvanen+Fabbro/Fiala, it will seem like it. I feel like there's too much talk of Tolvanen for him not to be included, but could just be the media outlets and pundits all piggybacking off each other.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The trade deadline is in four days and Ottawa has three pieces, two of the major variety, to deal with. It's about to hit the fan soon. Not going to get much done the next few days.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Elliotte Friedman on nhl network radio just said ET + 1st + a conditional pick might be our package. He said could be a little tweak but he fully expects us to go all for Duchene with an extension completed.
I would take this. Assuming we have no angle on Stone, anyway, and that Duchene as next-best is our only play. And assuming Duchene's new contract is no bigger than Johansen's.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I would take this. Assuming we have no angle on Stone, anyway, and that Duchene as next-best is our only play. And assuming Duchene's new contract is no bigger than Johansen's.
I think we can get Duchene for 7-7.5M per. As for Stone the asking price on him right now is nuts from what I have read. Last I heard was 2 1sts and 2 top assets for Stone. No way I would be on board with that.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think we can get Duchene for 7-7.5M per. As for Stone the asking price on him right now is nuts from what I have read. Last I heard was 2 1sts and 2 top assets for Stone. No way I would be on board with that.
One 1st, two 1sts... at this point it isn't super-meaningful to us... once we add 1 more prominent player, we're kinda locked out of being able to make other big future addtions in the next few years anyway. Another chance at a good prospect for later on would be lost, sure, but that's still the "next" window. Stone is such a perfect fit and the most prominent player on the market now (and likely most prominent for a good time to come)... if we got him and got him locked up to a long-term deal, I would not balk at Tolvanen+2 1sts, for sure. What is the other "top asset"? There might be some roster players where it could make enough sense, given Stone coming in, given what might be a need for just a little more cap space opened up. I wouldn't reject this pricetag outright, anyway. That's a reflection of how good I think Stone is, and how perfectly he would fit our needs.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I want Stone more than any player out there. But I'd rather see him re-sign with OTT than go to WPG or another high-end contender. I would do two 1sts + Tolvanen and a roster player to get Stone. He's 26 and would fit perfectly like the above poster mentioned.

He's 100%, spot on, the exact type of forward we NEED...6'3, 30+ goal scorer.

I'm torn on Duchene. I wanted him badly when he was still with COL and I still want him, but these long term contracts scare me. I was looking at Turris and Ellis and starting thinking, "Oh s***"

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Rangers taking calls on Chris Kreider
The New York Post reports the Rangers are taking calls on left wing Chris Kreider.
The Blueshirts have also received inquiries on Chris Kreider, with the Maple Leafs, Bruins and Predators believed to be three interested parties, but we’re told the winger is only available if general manager Jeff Gorton receives an offer he cannot refuse for No. 20. Thus far, no severed horses’ heads have appeared between the sheets.

via: NHL trade rumors: Bruins want Senators' Mark Stone, Blue Jackets' Artemi Panarin? Kings' Carl Hagelin to Capitals | Top 35 players available at deadline

No thanks.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Turris I think is mostly due to injury though, which stinks but sometimes happens. Ellis I absolutely think is a matter of learning how to find that motivation once trying to get that big contract is no longer there. It's not uncommon even for the best of players sometimes.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Rangers taking calls on Chris Kreider
The New York Post reports the Rangers are taking calls on left wing Chris Kreider.

via: NHL trade rumors: Bruins want Senators' Mark Stone, Blue Jackets' Artemi Panarin? Kings' Carl Hagelin to Capitals | Top 35 players available at deadline

No thanks.
Like I said weeks ago, the Preds are gonna be rumored to be interested in everyone, eve. If all it was was nothing more than a phone call just to see what they are looking for.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Agree on Stone.

2 1st, Tolvanen and Jarnkrok/Hartman would be worth it if we got and extended Stone.

JOFA
Stone Turris Fiala
Jarnkrok/Hartman Bones Smith
Boyle Sissons Grimaldi

Reactions: Tex76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad