Trade + Proposals 2016: TDD Approaches... And Everyone Trades Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ys-roundup-of-trade-rumours-touches-jonathan/

Sportsnet insider Nick Kypreos appeared on Dean Blundell & Co. on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Thursday morning and mentioned centre Tyler Bozak and defenceman Jake Gardiner as Leafs with term who “are easily in play,” though he expects those deals to be on the back burner.

Bozak is returning from what is believed to be a concussion and was enjoying a decent season. Can he showcase himself in a couple games?

As for Gardiner, Kypreos says there’s no hurry to move him, but… “I don’t think in the long term, Jake Gardiner is going to be Mike Babcock’s type of guy. Maybe that’s something that gets worked on at the draft or next season.”

Hockey Central’s Nick Kypreos guests on Dean Blundell & Co. to discuss which player is the most coveted before the NHL trade deadline, Toronto Maple Leafs P.A. Parenteau being told he will be dealt, and which player he would be somewhat surprised to see Lou Lamoriello ship off.

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_dema...ll-and-George-Rusic-db-20160225-Interview.mp3

Fouad

Oct 12, 2015
If the team isn't going for Stamkos and wants to lend Yzerman a hand in keeping him in Tampa couldn't we do...

2017 SJ 2nd

for

Carle
Drouin ?

way off?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
You're not a million dollar asset. If you acted like an entitled twit at your job you'd be fired.

I don't know. I have a couple of young entitled twits at my work and they're not getting fired. I think this is the world we live in now. Young and entitled seem to go hand in hand these days.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I don't know. I have a couple of young entitled twits at my work and they're not getting fired. I think this is the world we live in now. Young and entitled seem to go hand in hand.

Not necessarily the case but remember the free-jake gardiner agent? He is gone. I've seen drouin and really media has blown this up quite a bit.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If the team isn't going for Stamkos and wants to lend Yzerman a hand in keeping him in Tampa couldn't we do...

2017 SJ 2nd

for

Carle
Drouin ?

way off?

yeah that's quite way off, Don't think Tampa attaches Drouin just to get rid of a bad contract and take back little value in return. They'd want actual value for Drouin, and if necessary find some other way to get rid of Carle.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

2017 SJ 2nd

for

Carle
Drouin ?

way off?

Yzerman wants an similar prospect in return or young RHD

doesn't really make sense as the teams giving up those assets are after the same things

why would you give up a similar prospect to acquire a prospect whos asking for a trade?

TB should be in win now mode and looking for roster players, cap relief and future assets like picks

so yes your deal would make sense (though 2nd is probably not enough)

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
This is completely off-topic, but I guess I don't totally get the whole rhetoric of young players owing the league or team that drafted them something. There's this mindset that they just have to shut up and take it. Does this exist anywhere else in the world? Would I shut up and take it in my job? Like hell I would. Anyway... just my 2c, I don't have a firm opinion on it just a general observation I guess.

They are free to sign and play for any European or Russian team thats wants them. Or an AHL team as well I guess.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I think teams backing off Drouin has changed Yzerman's demands a little.

He recently mentioned how he's looking for someone to help them now in a trade. So I think there's a chance they take someone a bit older now who is more short term.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wouldn't take him for free, and hope Leafs management would allow for players with that kind of attitude and sense of entitlement anywhere near this team.

But we really don't know what kind of attitude he has.

He's just a young kid still, he might just be getting some very bad advice from his agent/representation.

Lou and Babcock both strike me as good mentors for any young player.

Even if long term the Leafs decided to move him, if his value gets rehabbed he could be traded for a small fortune in assets.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hmmm - another frustrating day, no trades again (3rd day in a row?) :laugh:

You can do it Lou :laugh:

he's saving his biggest trick for monday!

He's just a young kid still, he might just be getting some very bad advice from his agent/representation.

Even if long term the Leafs decided to move him, if his value gets rehabbed he could be traded for a small fortune in assets.

see that's the thing. and I am really curious about what started all of this up.

is it that he's a spoiled brat - or something happened - if so, what?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
he's saving his biggest trick for monday!

see that's the thing. and I am really curious about what started all of this up.

is it that he's a spoiled brat - or something happened - if so, what?

look, we all know sweat lou is old and he needs his naps

and looking at his trade patterns

sweet lou only works weekends:naughty::sarcasm:

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Bozak + for Carle + Drouin

I think Komarov would be a great add for them. Really compliment their current group and style

Down the middle they already have
Stamkos, Filupulla, TJ, Boyle,

Their top fwd checkers are Callahan 141 then Paquette at 82

Leo has 245

as a team they are currenlty 14th in the easten conference for hits

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Drouin demanding a trade and choosing not to report to the AHL team, is a pretty clear indicator of what kind of attitude and level of intelligence he has. I don't know how that can be confusing.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
I don't know. I have a couple of young entitled twits at my work and they're not getting fired. I think this is the world we live in now. Young and entitled seem to go hand in hand these days.

I certainly don't want to derail this thread, but you couldn't be more accurate. There is no question this new generation has a sense of entitlement and have no clue what work and earning are. Whether or not this is the case with Drouin, I cant say that for sure; I will say this is not a very well though out move by both he and his agent.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
JVR for Vasilevski & Drouin

of any of the prospect goalies out there he'd be pretty close to the top of my list

the league has become such a blocking goalie league and his size and mobility fit perfectly

having said that if they change pad and net sizes everything could change and goalies who fit might not be as effective and visa versa

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Drouin demanding a trade and choosing not to report to the AHL team, is a pretty clear indicator of what kind of attitude and level of intelligence he has. I don't know how that can be confusing.

If his agent/manager is telling him to do this - it's hardly only on him. Young players are supposed to look to their agents as being protectors of their best interest.

We also don't know if there was anything said behind closed doors that could have caused a falling out.

Drouin may indeed be a brat - but I don't think his current refusal to report is necessarily definitive proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad