Trade + Proposals 2016: TDD Approaches... And Everyone Trades Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Someone posted, how does this impact the Toronto-Calgary trade?

Maybe we wanted a prospect like Shinkaruk for Reimer and it only cost them Grandlund, so...Reimer for Shinkaruk?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
As I subtlety stated in the main board thread, VAN-CAL trade is just a combo breaker trade. Can't let the Leafs have all the fun. I do enjoy the over reactions though.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah Shattenkirk doesn't fit the age group. Interesting both Dubas and Morrison will be at the St. Louis/San Jose game, though.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

If we're scouting them, it probably has more to do with the Kadri to STL rumours. I don't think Shattenkirk would be our target. Especially if it's Dubas and Morrison. Schwartz, Fabbri, Jaskin, Schmaltz, Parayko, Edmundson would be more likely targets

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
lol benning has got to be the worst gm ever. horrible asset management.

i'm happy he's ****in over the canucks. :laugh:

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
If we're scouting them, it probably has more to do with the Kadri to STL rumours. I don't think Shattenkirk would be our target. Especially if it's Dubas and Morrison. Schwartz, Fabbri, Jaskin, Schmaltz, Parayko, Edmundson would be more likely targets

Foaming at the mouth at the thought of Parayko, Fabbri, or Schwartz in a Leafs jersey.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Friedman mentioned Kadri to St. Louis, now Dubas and Morrison are at the Blues game tonight. Maybe there is something there. If the Leafs move Kadri we NEED a top-4 RHD coming back, if that doesn't happen then it isn't really worth it IMO. Of the defence the Blues have playing tonight four of them are RHD; Parayko, Shattenkirk, Bortuzzo and Schmaltz.

Bortuzzo doesn't fit the "top-4" requirement. Parayko is unavailable, no doubt. That leaves Shattenkirk and Schmaltz. It was rumoured earlier in the season that Shatt was available because the Blues didn't think they'd be able to re-sign him next season.

So my guess is we're looking at one of these two deals:
Kadri + for Shattenkirk
or
Kadri for Schmaltz +

Question is do the Leafs want an established top-4 D man or a D-man with top 4 potential? Also, they need to ask themselves whether or not they'll be able to re-sign Shattenkirk if they get him.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

If we managed to get Fabbri + for Kadri I would be thrilled.

I think Parayko is off the table.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Friedman mentioned Kadri to St. Louis, now Dubas and Morrison are at the Blues game tonight. Maybe there is something there. If the Leafs move Kadri we NEED a top-4 RHD coming back, if that doesn't happen then it isn't really worth it IMO. Of the defence the Blues have playing tonight four of them are RHD; Parayko, Shattenkirk, Bortuzzo and Schmaltz.

Bortuzzo doesn't fit the "top-4" requirement. Parayko is unavailable, no doubt. That leaves Shattenkirk and Schmaltz. It was rumoured earlier in the season that Shatt was available because the Blues didn't think they'd be able to re-sign him next season.

Kadri + for Shattenkirk
or
Kadri for Schmaltz +

Question is do the Leafs want an established top-4 D man or a D-man with top 4 potential? Also, they need to ask themselves whether or not they'll be able to re-sign Shattenkirk if they get him.

Just throwing this out there but is it possible Friedman heard Dubas and Morrison were taking this game in and then made his comment about Kadri to St Louis?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

Kadri + for Shattenkirk
or
Kadri for Schmaltz +

It's entirely possible that Freidman knew they would be in STL beforehand and with Steen being out, used his powers of deduction to "wonder" and be "curious" about Kadri and STL. I don't think he actually said Kadri to STL.

I guess it's fun to speculate.

EDIT: St.Louis does have a lot of interesting pieces so I'm not saying it's totally off the wall.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
My only concern about Shattenkirk is the long term plan with him? We would have roughly the same amount of control on him as Kadri but Shattenkirk doesn't really have any reason to stick around when he becomes a UFA.

I'd rather something more controlled for a longer time. If Shattenkirk has 5 years left on his deal it would be a different question.

I would seriously consider a 1 for 1 swap of Kadri for Fabbri. If we could get a plus I'd do it every damn day.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Just throwing this out there but is it possible Friedman heard Dubas and Morrison were taking this game in and then made his comment about Kadri to St Louis?

It's entirely possible that Freidman knew they would be in STL beforehand and with Steen being out, used his powers of deduction to "wonder" and be "curious" about Kadri and STL. I don't think he actually said Kadri to STL.

I guess it's fun to speculate.

That is certainly possible. Friedman is usually pretty upfront though. I think if he was basing his answer strictly on Dubas and Morrison being at the game, then we would've mentioned that as part of his answer.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Except this isn't the first time Kadri has been linked with the Blues, and I don't think it is the first time Elliotte has mentioned it either.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am expecting Lou will have another couple trades before the TDL.

4 call up rule being the Reason. It gives him time to adapt strategy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am expecting Lou will have another couple trades before the TDL.

4 call up rule being the Reason. It gives him time to adapt strategy.

We have at least 2 more coming.

1. Parenteau
2. Winnik and/or Boyes

Then we have Reimer, Bernier, Grabner, Michalek, Greening, Kadri, Hunwick, Holland that could all move as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad