Trade + Proposals 2016: TDD Approaches... And Everyone Trades Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
A deal that I think makes some sense for both teams is:

TOR
I. Samsonov
B. Laich (cap dump)

WASH
P. Paranteau
P. Holland

It gives us a good future goaltender that is buried behind Holtby in WASH, and they get forward depth they need for the playoffs and valuable cap space to make further moves.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

TOR
I. Samsonov
B. Laich (cap dump)

WASH
P. Paranteau
P. Holland

It gives us a good future goaltender that is buried behind Holtby in WASH, and they get forward depth they need for the playoffs and valuable cap space to make further moves.

You can also throw them a pick if need be. That's the beauty of these free darts. Pry what you need now out of a team, why not.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
you (we/leaf fans) would.Them?

Probably one asset too much from them, but I think it's close. Overall I think it gives them 2 things they really need; A great player for the PK and a decent top 9 winger. Also a massive upgrade over their backup goaltender and someone that can give them some insurance in case Rinne doesn't step up or gets injured. It's rumoured they want both of these going into the trading deadline.

I don't think the Preds would be hurting at all by losing Jarnkork in the short-term or long-term, and Dougherty isn't exactly a blue chipper. Hutton is fodder.

Last edited:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

TOR
I. Samsonov
B. Laich (cap dump)

WASH
P. Paranteau
P. Holland

I would be shocked if Samsonov went for that... most fans seem not to want to deal him.

FazeLeaf*

TOR
I. Samsonov
B. Laich (cap dump)

WASH
P. Paranteau
P. Holland

They wont give up Samsonov, there is a reason they drafted him. They want him to replace Holtby once he is starting to decline.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I would be shocked if Samsonov went for that... most fans seem not to want to deal him.

Another year I would say not a chance, but I get the sense that Washington sees this as their year to win. I think they have to go for it. If Parenteau and Holland couldn't get the deal done, I would trade Komarov in their place. He would fit nicely there. I just can't see them hanging on to Samsonov long term with Holtby playing amazing and locked up for 4 more years.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Another year I would say not a chance, but I get the sense that Washington sees this as their year to win. I think they have to go for it. If Parenteau and Holland couldn't get the deal done, I would trade Komarov in their place. He would fit nicely there. I just can't see them hanging on to Samsonov long term with Holtby playing amazing and locked up for 4 more years.

I would do what it takes to get that. Komarov included. Trade in order of necessity. There are some other options around though that may make more sense.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I would do what it takes to get that. Komarov included. Trade in order of necessity. There are some other options around though that may make more sense.

Be prepared then to dip into high prospects or picks. Rentals won't get you Samsonov.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well then how about

Kadri
for
Vrana, Bowey and Laich

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Be prepared then to dip into high prospects or picks. Rentals won't get you Samsonov.

Who knows, it doesn't have to be him right? Either way its going to cost us unless the scouts are high on Bib and Sparks. We should certainly see if we can draft a tender regardless.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Who knows, it doesn't have to be him right? Either way its going to cost us unless the scouts are high on Bib and Sparks. We should certainly see if we can draft a tender regardless.

Don't get me wrong it would be a huge win if we came out next week with one of Vas, Samsonov, Murray, etc. I'm just not optimistic any of them are moving.

ULF_55 said:
Well then how about

Kadri
for
Vrana, Bowey and Laich

I wouldn't think twice about doing this.

Last edited:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

TOR
I. Samsonov
B. Laich (cap dump)

WASH
P. Paranteau
P. Holland

I really doubt it

Look folks, we have got to stop looking at Laich as a "cap dump" from Washington's side

They are 4th in PK and Laich is their #1c PKTOI this season.

Now, they did pick up Mike Richards and in his short time there, has taken over as their PK TOI per game C.

Washington will probably want to gain a bit of cap flexibility in a trade but also not want to create a big hole in their PK.

IF they are sending Laich our way in any trade , they are going to demand uncle Leo in return

Loe is 3m, laich 4.5m , so there is cap relief and we all know Leo can PK well. Leo is also a better 5v5 threat.

So as best I see it, the foundation of a trade would look like

Sams
Laich

=
=

Leo
"the bits needed to balance the value part" maybe some kind of 2nd?

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I really doubt it

Look folks, we have got to stop looking at Laich as a "cap dump" from Washington's side

They are 4th in PK and Laich is their #1c PKTOI this season.

Now, they did pick up Mike Richards and in his short time there, has taken over as their PK TOI per game C.

Washington will probably want to gain a bit of cap flexibility in a trade but also not want to create a big hole in their PK.

IF they are sending Laich our way in any trade , they are going to demand uncle Leo in return

Loe is 3m, laich 4.5m , so there is cap relief and we all know Leo can PK well. Leo is also a better 5v5 threat.

So as best I see it, the foundation of a trade would look like

Sams
Laich

=
=

Leo
"the bits needed to balance the value part" maybe some kind of 2nd?

I think I would be willing to add a 2017 2nd to Komarov to secure Samsonov.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I think I would be willing to add a 2017 2nd to Komarov to secure Samsonov.

Well apps, IDK a ton about Sams "high end, blue ish chip tender prospect"?

The tough part is knowing how highly Wash regards him and how important this years cup chase(and PO revs) is to ownership and the GM. They have Holtby and he is only 26, wash could very well view Sams as a serious trade chip towards cup aspirations.

They would be getting Leo and his very solid contract for two more seasons, so there is built in value there.

I would not be surprised if it took our 2016 2nd

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'd love for the Leafs to buy low on Drouin.

Maybe Leo could be a tempting piece for the playoff bound Bolts with his cheap salary.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Well apps, IDK a ton about Sams "high end, blue ish chip tender prospect"?

The tough part is knowing how highly Wash regards him and how important this years cup chase(and PO revs) is to ownership and the GM. They have Holtby and he is only 26, wash could very well view Sams as a serious trade chip towards cup aspirations.

They would be getting Leo and his very solid contract for two more seasons, so there is built in value there.

I would not be surprised if it took our 2016 2nd

I love the idea f geting samsonov, but aren't those offers a little high for a unproven goalie?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I love the idea f geting samsonov, but aren't those offers a little high for a unproven goalie?

Samsonov was drafted in the 1st round, and is trending very well. He's worth more than a 2nd rounder, his value hasnt dropped since he was drafted last June.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

well, tenders are the great mystery box, that's for sure.

I guess that part comes down to our scouts and experts.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Samsonov was drafted in the 1st round, and is trending very well. He's worth more than a 2nd rounder, his value hasnt dropped since he was drafted last June.

and that is where Leo comes in

he gives them cap relief this year and 1.5m cap relief next year.

and then there is the whole "how bad does Wash want a stronger cup push"

Meh,just spit balling.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'd love for the Leafs to buy low on Drouin.

Maybe Leo could be a tempting piece for the playoff bound Bolts with his cheap salary.

I'd love to see it. Yzerman wants win-now help, and we may be the only team in the league willing to take on Matt Carle's more years @ $5.5M. Maybe there's a fit there somehow, though the values are so hard to gauge. Carle & Drouin for who - Percy & Komarov? Gardiner? It's difficult to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad