Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread III It's Christmas, will we get diamonds or coal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The last 2 seasons Bowman has made trades on deadline day so don't expect anything until Wednesday of next week. Also, I don't think we've ever heard a peep about the player the Hawks actually acquire so if you read someone saying the Hawks are talking to team X about a player, don't expect to get a player from that team.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The last 2 seasons Bowman has made trades on deadline day so don't expect anything until Wednesday of next week. Also, I don't think we've ever heard a peep about the player the Hawks actually acquire so if you read someone saying the Hawks are talking to team X about a player, don't expect to get a player from that team.

Well, the rumors always have us in on just about everyone, especially when it is a need position.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The thing about Chicago is that you never know who they're going to get until they actually make the trade/sign the player.

Should be an interesting few days.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Just stepped outside and phone blew up with texts from angry Hawks fans about the lack of activity.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Just stepped outside and phone blew up with texts from angry Hawks fans about the lack of activity.

Are they the same people saying Chicago peaked in the first half and that are taking the games without Sharp/Hossa to mean more than the entire first half of the season?

SLarmer28*

I'll take Marcel Goc from Florida. Dale Tallon can have two or possibly three of the following:

Jimmy Hayes
Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach
Dylan Olsen
Shawn Lalonde

I'd rather have Marcel Goc on the Chicago Blackhawks roster after the trade deadline than the Vancouver Canucks.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Are they the same people saying Chicago peaked in the first half and that are taking the games without Sharp/Hossa to mean more than the entire first half of the season?

No, they are basically just clones of me. Scary, right? :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'll take Marcel Goc from Florida. Dale Tallon can have two or possibly three of the following:

Jimmy Hayes
Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach
Dylan Olsen
Shawn Lalonde

I'd rather have Marcel Goc on the Chicago Blackhawks roster after the trade deadline than the Vancouver Canucks.

Yeah, looks like a guy the Nucks would trade for too. That's a steep price though. I'd like to pick him up though, just a little cheaper than that.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, looks like a guy the Nucks would trade for too. That's a steep price though. I'd like to pick him up though, just a little cheaper than that.

But Goc isn't a rental. At $1.7 per, he sets up really nice as your 3rd or 4th line center next season as well.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
True, still, looks like a 2nd round pick type of guy to me.

I just don't see any of those guys as impact NHL players and I think we have similar players that are better than them. I don't think we'll ever miss Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen if they were to go in a trade.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I just don't see any of those guys as impact NHL players and I think we have similar players that are better than them. I don't think we'll ever miss Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen if they were to go in a trade.

I wouldn't miss Jimmy Hayes or Dylan Olsen, but I wouldn't trade K.Hayes for Goc at this point.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
From the other thread, (deytookrjobs)

Derek Roy has played with Jagr and Eriksson more than he has with any one else according to Left wing lock, so one of the sites is wrong.

And Hoss, I guess we'll disagree on the 2013 draft, there will be gems late in rd 1, only time will tell.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
From the other thread, (deytookrjobs)

Derek Roy has played with Jagr and Eriksson more than he has with any one else according to Left wing lock, so one of the sites is wrong.

And Hoss, I guess we'll disagree on the 2013 draft, there will be gems late in rd 1, only time will tell.

Well, then behindthenet.ca has to be double wrong, because it lists Roy as having 6 linemates ahead of Jagr and Jagr having 6 linemates ahead of Roy. I've watched about 5-7 Dallas games this year and aside from the contract dispute in every game with Benn was slated with Jagr. Now Roy has even been spending some time with the glorious Erik Cole.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Jimmy Hayes
Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach
Dylan Olsen
Shawn Lalonde

Giving up both Hayes brothers or Kevin alone is overpayment

Dale can have all 3 of his failures for a 7th rounder

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
nothing about the Hjammer + for Yandle rumor yet?

you guys get slow at times.

According to a well-placed source, Chicago recently sent multiple scouts to watch the Phoenix Coyotes and defenseman Keith Yandle.

It's believed the Blackhawks could look to package defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson with a good, young NHL-proven player or top prospect and a draft pick in exchange for Yandle.

Goc would be great, Talbot would be great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad