Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread III It's Christmas, will we get diamonds or coal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
Re: Yandle for Hammer.

I get it... I do... but Yandle's got a nasty cap hit and unless we're also acquiring someone who can help us with our primary issue (2C). I don't see a need in addressing a secondary issue (PP QB). The Coyotes depth at C is scary bad (Boyd Gordon, Hanzal, Vermette top 9 C's) . Gordon would be great at winning faceoffs but can he add value to the 2nd line beyond that?

Re: 2C candidates.

Again there's not that much out there. Steve Ott might be available... He's good at faceoffs and I think he's been discussed ad nauseum on these boards. I'd love to acquire Pavelski, he's probably not in the cards either due to price. Gagner wouldn't be terrible if we wanted an instant offense 2nd line, plus he's terrible at the dot.

All in all, the best trade might be no trade.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Don't overpay for a 2C. Getting a 3C to kick Shaw out of that spot is perfectly fine with me.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
nothing about the Hjammer + for Yandle rumor yet?

you guys get slow at times.

Goc would be great, Talbot would be great

Where's the rumor from?

It doesn't make any sense for them to trade Hammer. Oduya, I'd understand. That way, you can have Keith/Seabrook, and then Hammer/Yandle. That'd be dirty.

I'd do Oduya + McNeill + 2014 2nd for Yandle.

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
Re: Yandle for Hammer.

I get it... I do... but Yandle's got a nasty cap hit and unless we're also acquiring someone who can help us with our primary issue (2C). I don't see a need in addressing a secondary issue (PP QB). The Coyotes depth at C is scary bad (Boyd Gordon, Hanzal, Vermette top 9 C's) . Gordon would be great at winning faceoffs but can he add value to the 2nd line beyond that?

Re: 2C candidates.

Again there's not that much out there. Steve Ott might be available... He's good at faceoffs and I think he's been discussed ad nauseum on these boards. I'd love to acquire Pavelski, he's probably not in the cards either due to price. Gagner wouldn't be terrible if we wanted an instant offense 2nd line, plus he's terrible at the dot.

All in all, the best trade might be no trade.

Yandle would be nice and he has great a cap-value hit, but as you say, he's not really a need. Unless PHX has a boner for hammer (he's probably a good fit for their system), I can't Detroit letting him go to the hawks.

While BUF is ready for a shake-up, Ott seems like one of their keepers. I read that Ribeiro turned down a 2-3 year deal from WAS, so they may look to move him rather than sign him long-term. It sounds like Chicago could get Roy at a doable price. Dallas might still seek a deal-breaking intra-divsion premium, but being probably out of the playoffs and Roy a rental, that may not be a factor this year. I think the hawks would rather stand pat than pay anything of value for Gagne.

Absent a "hockey deal" no one has been talking about, that's about it for the 2C upgrade pool.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Where's the rumor from?

It doesn't make any sense for them to trade Hammer. Oduya, I'd understand. That way, you can have Keith/Seabrook, and then Hammer/Yandle. That'd be dirty.

Now you're talking. That would be a big step in improving this team. Not sure any team would take on Oduya and his inflated contract however.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Now you're talking. That would be a big step in improving this team. Not sure any team would take on Oduya and his inflated contract however.

Oduya doesn't have an inflated contract. He's one of the few players making what he should be making. 3.3M for a top-4 Dman, who can PK and take a few PP shifts? That's a solid caphit for what he brings.

The only reason I'd want to move Oduya more than Hammer is because Chicago would need a defensive minded partner to pair with Yandle.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Where's the rumor from?

Hockeybuzz rumor so it has no merit

And the Yotes laugh at that offer ,, Could get better offer from half the teams in NHL

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hockeybuzz rumor so it has no merit

And the Yotes laugh at that offer ,, Could get better offer from half the teams in NHL

Top-4 Dman, top prospect and a pick? Doubt they'd laugh at it. Maybe they could do better, but not much. Could probably get a top-6 forward, but then that'd be pretty much a straight swap.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Oduya #4/5 dman , McNeill is not top prospect (TT would be that) and they would demand a 1st not a 2nd

First part - Extreme nitpick. He's a top-4 Dman in Chicago, he'd be a top-4 Dman in Phoenix.

Second part - McNeill is a top prospect. Just because he's not a blue-chip prospect, doesn't mean he's not a top prospect.

Third part - Perhaps they would, and I might be willing to.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
The last 2 seasons Bowman has made trades on deadline day so don't expect anything until Wednesday of next week. Also, I don't think we've ever heard a peep about the player the Hawks actually acquire so if you read someone saying the Hawks are talking to team X about a player, don't expect to get a player from that team.

So you're saying that none of the trade proposals on the main board are going to happen?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't think we're in need of replacing one of our top 4 D. They've all been above average this year.

Probably not, and after thinking about it, if Chicago's going to invest another 5m+ in a player, a centre would be better. Yandle would pretty much give Chicagp two top pairings though.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Probably not, and after thinking about it, if Chicago's going to invest another 5m+ in a player, a centre would be better. Yandle would pretty much give Chicagp two top pairings though.

We basically already have two top pairings as it is. But I agree, if we're investing that much salary in a player, it better be a center. Preferably a playmaker like Mike Ribeiro. He would be danger slotted between Sharp and Hossa, which would free up Kane to play with Toews and maximize our offensive power.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yandle? You bet your ass I'm interested in that. That contract is a thing of beauty, let them have Oduya, not Hammer, but they can have TT for sure, love him but you give to get.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Trading for Yandle would be like the hawks signing Parise in the offseason. Absolutely an upgrade but ignores our team's major holes and eats up unnecessary cap space

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yandle for Oduya and whatever else needs to be added (within reason) is a trade I would make EXCEPT the difference is salary is nearly $2M which means the Hawks would have $2M less to resign players this summer. So, in terms of the Hawks roster going into the 2013/14 season, the acquisition of Yandle would cost Oduya AND whatever player the Hawks wouldn't be able to resign because of the $2M delta in salary.

Once Sharp comes back, the second line will be fine with Bolland because Kane will carry it. Get a faceoff guy that plays with Kruger and Frolik on the 4th line and can split the d-zone faceoffs with Toews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad