GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Considering how poor the Canucks PK is, 3 Oiler PP is easily 3 Oiler goals. The only way the Canucks have a chance is to take zero unnecessary penalties and, by watching the Canucks all season, you have better odds of winning the lottery.
1715367037074.gif

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Sutherland is crap but the NHL refs have unfortunately always been very tolerant of the kind of crap that he didn't call in that SCF in 2011. Swarm a guy in a post-whistle scrum for no reason other than to register a few bruises, and the refs either just totally let it go or call penalties on both the puncher and the guy who committed the sin of getting punched. Gotta even it up after all. Ironically, letting them play and not calling penalties will definitely benefit the Canucks in this series.

Aside from this nonsense conspiracy and about the game. What the outsiders and Oilers media/fans seem to believe is that the Oilers are a far superior team that should theoretically be controlling the game. I haven't seen any evidence of it yet, as they were held to basically 1 good scoring chance and lucky bounced their way to 4 goals and were the vastly inferior team 5 on 5. Can they make inroads through what has been an excellent Canucks team defense if Draisatl isn't healthy? They certainly seem confident that they can do it, perhaps overconfident. Maybe I'm missing something but we'll see.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Game 1 was one of the cleanest-refereed games I've seen in this entire playoffs.

One or two very minor things both ways that weren't called, nothing remotely controversial to any neutral watching the game. Both teams were clean and disciplined and the refs correctly let them play and didn't manufacture calls.

Other than the Hyman hit on Hughes, I agree with you.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Guess the NHL saw the comments from Oiler fans thinking a BC ref in Kozari favoured the Canucks in Game 1. They want to show that being from BC makes no difference with Sutherland in charge. His record in Canuck games is well-documented.
I remember in the 2012 Sharks series , he gave D Sedin a roughing penalty for a good hit. Or was it boarding. Even Mark Spector said it was bullsh**

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Oilers lose tonight? Grab the popcorn and enjoy the mayhem. A lose tonight--Oilers are done

The Oilers went from the favourites to this being an uphill battle now. I would consider the Oilers underdogs for the rest of the series

I am still waiting for a logical explanation why they were the favorites. Vancouver went wire to wire in their division

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Oilers lose tonight? Grab the popcorn and enjoy the mayhem. A lose tonight--Oilers are done
I don't think so. You're not really in trouble until you lose on home ice. A Canucks loss tonight and Oilers are in the driver's seat. An Oilers loss and they can still tie it back up at home.

The main issue with another Oilers loss tonight would be the mental strain. 6 straight losses to one team must get into your head, especially if the goaltending is poor again.

But I anticipate a big game from McDavid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm on the fence about Draisaitl and Henrique. If they feel they can play, they can play and it helps our odds. But it seems like there could be a risk of reaggrevation, and they won't even likely be at 100%

I'm leaning towards sitting them and taking the extra chance for a loss and go full bore at home. 2-0 is not a death sentence. I don't even think it's a shoe in that we lose without them.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
People are crazy suggesting pickard should start, skinner didn't win the game, but he was far from the issue

Pickard has also not given me any reason this season to suggest he can handle playoff games
Skinner was one of the biggest issues (aside from the team going into full passive mode after going up 4-1), but I agree that it doesn't mean Pickard should start. Skinner has had good bounce back games after a stinker like that. His leash should be pretty short these playoffs though. Two stinkers in a row should get Pickard in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad