Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fisherman

Jul 15, 2019
He's adding cap space when he doesn't need to since this team is going nowhere. It's just pointless to add cap space at this point so it's not a weak argument, it's pointing out how the GM doesn't seem to know what the **** he's doing.

If you think this is a great move then good for you, I think it's a waste of time.

Reilly was done here. I've liked Scandella in the past. I know he had a bad season last year but my understanding was that it was due to injuries. I like the trade but its neither amazing or a waste of time in my opinion. Maybe Scandella comes in and plays a solid consistent bottom pairing game. The team can use that.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reilly was done here. I've liked Scandella in the past. I know he had a bad season last year but my understanding was that it was due to injuries. I like the trade but its neither amazing or a waste of time in my opinion. Maybe Scandella comes in and plays a solid consistent bottom pairing game. The team can use that.
Use that to what get 15th pick instead of 5th complete waste of a move imo.

Reactions: Habs Man

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think it is time to move on from Gallagher. I absolutely love the guy and he is probably my favorite Hab, but I think in terms of rebuilding, we should pull the trigger on moving him. His contract is up soon and he could walk before our window opens. He would generate the most return by far. I think a potential trade partner would be a team that is desperate to make the playoffs, but might not. I think that something like....

Gallagher to Edmonton
2020 1st + Caleb Jones + cap dump

Would be a good return. It gives us another potential lottery pick to build around.

I would also trade Carey. Another one of my favorites. Target another team who is on the bubble and desperate to make the playoffs. Go for another first and Jusso Valimaki and cap dump from Calgary

Habs prospect pool would then be absolutely stacked.

Go all in for Lafreniere and best picks available with Edmonton and Calgary picks. Jones and Valimaki bolster our future D-Core, allowing us to potentially trade Petry and or Weber in the next couple of years.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know we’ve argued about the Habs average to mediocre 1st round track record, but I still think we need more first round picks. What we need less of are all these 3rd+ picks we keep stockpiling. I get they are like currency and gems can also be found now and then, but I’d rather 2 firsts than just one and a boatload of mid to late round picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArsHabs

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I know we’ve argues the Habs average 1st round track record, but I still think we need more first round picks. What we need less of are all these 3rd+ picks we keep stockpiling. I get they are like currency and gems can also be found now and then, but I’d rather 2 firsts than just one and a boatload of mid to late round picks.
If Bergevin plays his cards right we could have both next June......Thats what I'm hoping for

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Let's see if Bergy can finally trade some of his vets to do a proper rebuild. If he's 10+ points out of a playoff spot by February 24th, I wouldn't be surprised. The team is 6 points out at the moment. With Tampa having 2 games in hand this could go up by a point or more depending on how Carolina and Philadelphia do.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Drop Romanov from that. I’d do Gallagher, Caufield and the first. No more. It would gut any depth we have going forward. We would be like Edmonton. If you want to add a d man. Maybe Harris or Brook?

Well it would suck to trade Romanov but to get someone like Lafreniere I think he would have to be part of the deal.

If they add Harris or Brook they would have to add another high pick imo.

Lafreniere has the potential to be the best forward the Habs have had in decades.

In saying that I don’t think any team would trade him unless a team overpays by a lot.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m all in for Lafreniere. You can’t compete without elite level forward which we have none of but plenty of 2nd tier talents and prospects. That he’s also French is a bonus for Habs in a draft held in Montreal. Hope it happens.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
i can't believe people still waste their time posting about trading Price,Weber, Petry and co. This team is NOT rebuilding that far. Evident with the Scandella pickup yesterday. MB is just staying afloat and letting the cards fall as they may, while drafting and trying to acquire young talent.

Also, no one is trading you the 1st overall. Which by the way, shouldnt be any more special this year just because the guy if french. Lets not overrate him and say he is the best pick since McDavid. Id take Matthews and Dahlin, in their draft years, wayyyyyyy before Laffy.

Trading away a package of say, Gallagher+Caufield+Primeau+1st would set this team back 5 more years. Even if Laffy is good, he wont produce more then the sum of that package.

Reactions: Yoor

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
i can't believe people still waste their time posting about trading Price,Weber, Petry and co. This team is NOT rebuilding that far. Evident with the Scandella pickup yesterday. MB is just staying afloat and letting the cards fall as they may, while drafting and trying to acquire young talent.

Also, no one is trading you the 1st overall. Which by the way, shouldnt be any more special this year just because the guy if french. Lets not overrate him and say he is the best pick since McDavid. Id take Matthews and Dahlin, in their draft years, wayyyyyyy before Laffy.

Trading away a package of say, Gallagher+Caufield+Primeau+1st would set this team back 5 more years. Even if Laffy is good, he wont produce more then the sum of that package.
You’re wrong there
Great players make others around them better and if Lafreniere is a good as they say he is , the centre he plays with will be a 70 pts player
That package wouldn’t be enough anyway.
It would be more like Suzuki , Caufield and out first if it’s in the top 5
And that still won’t get it done.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes,the Jets are a good fit for Petry and so is Vegas...2 teams that have shown they are willing to trade away 1st round picks and top prospects to go for the cup.

I have to wonder how long McPhee will keep trading futures - and for how long he'll still have good prospects to deal. McNabb was horrible last year against the Sharks - just too slow to handle the speed of the Sharks forwards. I had been saying it all series. I wasn't the least bit surprised when a Shark froward went right around him for the game 7 OT winner. Vegas could definitely use Petry.

But MB won't give hom up without a 2nd pair RD that can step in now. I would have been happy just to get a top prospect for Pacioretty. But MB also wanted a roster player. I think he'll want the same for Petry, since neother Juulsen or Brook are ready. But Pacioretty had a much higher aura to him than Petry does. Will be hard to get a roster player and a top prospect. But let's hope. I don't see MB moving Petry just for futures - just don't see it happening.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I think it is time to move on from Gallagher. I absolutely love the guy and he is probably my favorite Hab, but I think in terms of rebuilding, we should pull the trigger on moving him. His contract is up soon and he could walk before our window opens. He would generate the most return by far. I think a potential trade partner would be a team that is desperate to make the playoffs, but might not. I think that something like....

Gallagher to Edmonton
2020 1st + Caleb Jones + cap dump

Would be a good return. It gives us another potential lottery pick to build around.

I would also trade Carey. Another one of my favorites. Target another team who is on the bubble and desperate to make the playoffs. Go for another first and Jusso Valimaki and cap dump from Calgary

Habs prospect pool would then be absolutely stacked.

Go all in for Lafreniere and best picks available with Edmonton and Calgary picks. Jones and Valimaki bolster our future D-Core, allowing us to potentially trade Petry and or Weber in the next couple of years.

I wouldnt trade Gallagher. You need to keep vet to show the way for the young guys coming in. Gallagher and Weber should stay with the team, that would have a positive impact for the young guys coming in.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Would you be ready to trade Weber for the right offer at the trade deadline ?
I think teams could overpay big time.
Maybe do the same with Price ...
What are your thoughts ?

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
I have to wonder how long McPhee will keep trading futures - and for how long he'll still have good prospects to deal. McNabb was horrible last year against the Sharks - just too slow to handle the speed of the Sharks forwards. I had been saying it all series. I wasn't the least bit surprised when a Shark froward went right around him for the game 7 OT winner. Vegas could definitely use Petry.

But MB won't give hom up without a 2nd pair RD that can step in now. I would have been happy just to get a top prospect for Pacioretty. But MB also wanted a roster player. I think he'll want the same for Petry, since neother Juulsen or Brook are ready. But Pacioretty had a much higher aura to him than Petry does. Will be hard to get a roster player and a top prospect. But let's hope. I don't see MB moving Petry just for futures - just don't see it happening.
Well McPhee is not the GM anymore it is Kelly McCrimmon but i think their 75 year old billionaire owner Bill Foley wants to win and their veteran 35 year old goalie Fleury i think Vegas is all in.

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018
Personally I'd have them over both Drouin and Armia/Tatar but that's just me.
None of them can play RW and if Drouin comes back as as strong as he was before his injury it’s gonna tough to take his place the only part in not to sure about is caufield on the first line, its probably gonna take a while before it happens

Reactions: habsfan891

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I’m all in for Lafreniere. You can’t compete without elite level forward which we have none of but plenty of 2nd tier talents and prospects. That he’s also French is a bonus for Habs in a draft held in Montreal. Hope it happens.

Lafreniere is a dream come true for the Habs. Not only when it come to hockey but also merchandise/jersey sales , sponsorship stuff etc etc etc. Business wise this guy would put more money into Molson and his cronies pockets. It would also give a big morale boost to the fans

They need to sell the vets before the deadline and go all in for the best chance at him in the lottery. With all the injuries this season is not salvageable so do what is right for once.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad