Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
You’re wrong there
Great players make others around them better and if Lafreniere is a good as they say he is , the centre he plays with will be a 70 pts player
That package wouldn’t be enough anyway.
It would be more like Suzuki , Caufield and out first if it’s in the top 5
And that still won’t get it done.

you didn't understand what i'm saying here. Regardless of how good Laffy will be ( which personally i dont think is on a Matthews level, let alone a McDavid level)...the package required to get him wouldnt be worth it.

Taking your example. Even if Laffy gets KK an extra 30 pts a season. It wont offset the loss of Suzukis output in the longterm+Caufields and got knows who else with a top 5 pick. And as you said,it probably wont be enough. Adding 100 pts and subtracting 100 doesnt do anything but add a local boy. We'd actually lose out giving up 3-4 quality youngsters for 1.

Not hard to see at all.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
But MB said in his presser that hes still trying to make the playoffs and hes not going to be a seller

the trade deadline isn’t till February 24th. I’m fine with him not being a seller now, but if the Habs keep this up, he’s better be a seller then.

Reactions: habsfan891

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
the trade deadline isn’t till February 24th. I’m fine with him not being a seller now, but if the Habs keep this up, he’s better be a seller then.

I'd like for MB to go until the all star break and if the Habs are 10+ points out of a playoff spot then with multiple teams to jump he should start looking to sell.

I'm not sure if MB would be interested in moving both Petry and Tatar near the deadline but both should bring back a very good pick and decent prospect IMO. Although I think MB will see how the team plays again next season with Petry and Tatar before he considers moving them. Their value would probably be at there highest this year but the options might be more limited due to the extra year on their contracts and teams not being able to take that extra year on.

Reactions: habsfan891

Jesperi is my Daddy

Jan 2, 2020
I think this is our U25 core. We need a top young defenseman badly. Imagine if we could draft Lafreniere and someone like Drysdale with an extra first from Tatar/Petry...

Forwards

Suzuki (20)
Kotkaniemi (19)
Caufield (19)
Drouin (24)
Domi (24)
Poehling (21)

Defensemen
Romanov (20)
Fleury (21)

Goalie
Primeau (20)

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
This is why I dont watch them on TV anymore and why I refuse to spend a penny on tickets or merch. Molson doesn't give a flying you know what about the Stanley Cup.

This franchise is in shambles

I really disagree. This is the first time I really see a goal and future with this team. He said it over and over that he will not trade youth for a quick fix. Sure its slow but building with youth takes time....

Even if he doesn't care about the cup. I promise you he cares about the few million per home game that goes into his pocket each playoff game.

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
Red Wing fan here-wondering how the following scenario might play out.

The Wings get the 1st overall pick and the Canadiens(having missed the playoffs)will end up with a pick between 5-10 overall. Do the Habs make an offer for the home town boy wonder and, if they do, what would the package look like???

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

The Wings get the 1st overall pick and the Canadiens(having missed the playoffs)will end up with a pick between 5-10 overall. Do the Habs make an offer for the home town boy wonder and, if they do, what would the package look like???

We will give you Weal, Thompson and Caulfield for your #1

Weal is more versatile than Lafreniere.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yes,the Jets are a good fit for Petry and so is Vegas...2 teams that have shown they are willing to trade away 1st round picks and top prospects to go for the cup.

Vegas doesn't have the cap room. They have like $350k in space. We'd have to a contract back, like Stastny who's not having a great year.

But, Vegas has a deep prospect system and a lot of draft picks. For sure, Vegas and Jets would be the top contenders for Petry, if he were on the block.

Reactions: jaffy27

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Vegas doesn't have the cap room. They have like $350k in space. We'd have to a contract back, like Stastny who's not having a great year.

But, Vegas has a deep prospect system and a lot of draft picks. For sure, Vegas and Jets would be the top contenders for Petry, if he were on the block.
Yes,for sure any trade you make you have to take a contract back...most teams right up against the cap...probably the Cody Eakin contract.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
But MB said in his presser that hes still trying to make the playoffs and hes not going to be a seller
WhTs he suppose to say, hey guys, just to let you know I believe our guys are shit, we won’t make the playoffs and we plan and trading x player, x player and x player.....any questions?

Reactions: HankyZetts

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Ryder+ Halak+ 2nd round pick :sarcasm:

no seriously, it would start with our 1st, a 2nd, Caufield, Brook, Harris + roster player, probably Petry the home boy

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
WhTs he suppose to say, hey guys, just to let you know I believe our guys are ****, we won’t make the playoffs and we plan and trading x player, x player and x player.....any questions?
Personally id like to hear something along the lines of injuries have made the playoffs look unlikely and that whiles hes not actively selling yet hes always looking for ways to improve the future of the team.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad