Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
2021 but not 2020. The pick could end up being Laffy in MTL.
I see you have a very pessimistic view on the outcome of this upcoming season hehe. Maybe just making it like top 3 protected could make both sides happy

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I mean, do you think this team is better than last year? Because well need to be to make
Idk if the habs got better, but I don't think they got worse neither. There's definitely a lot of question marks on this team. There were lots of career highs last year, and we don't know if they'll be able 2 reproduce those results this year. We also don't know what kind of impact guys like Suzuki, Poehling, and maybe Fleury will have on this team. Kinkaid is definitely a better option than Niemi and will alow Price to be more rested during the back end of the season. I think we'll know what kind of team we have after like 10 or 15 games, but I doubt they'll be basement dwellers, at least I hope not haha.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
To Edm
Drouin, Tatar, Reilly

To Mtl
Nurse, Puljujarvi, Gagner
--------------------
To Minny
Danault, Kulak

To Mtl
Greenway, 1st
------------------------

Domi - Suzuki - Gallagher
Lekhonen - JKO - Puljujarvi
Greenway - Poehling - Byron
Cousins - Weal - Armia

Mete - Weber
Nurse - Petry
Chiarot - Fleury
:facepalm:
It's hard to make a trade and you deal 5 players ...seriously

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
MB will do a move before opening night. Half the teams are close or have exceeded the cap. Montreal has 6 million. It's really a no brainer.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Drouin for Ristolainen would be cool if we could then do something around Petry+1st for Connor, if Buff really retires. Jets probably still decline though.

Its worth noting that Ristolainen has been fairly terrible anywhere but the PP. You probably end up with the same caliber of team.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Its worth noting that Ristolainen has been fairly terrible anywhere but the PP. You probably end up with the same caliber of team.
I'm not sure about that. I mean, if I'm not mistaken, Ristolainen was playing on the top pairing in Buffalo. He'd be behind Weber in Montreal. Is Petry better than him defensively? Probably, but Petry is also known for brain farts and poor defensive coverage at times. On the other hand, Connor is a huge upgrade over Drouin. I think these trades make the team better.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm curious, if Montreal looks like a seller this year, what are you guys needing on your roster?
If we are sellers, it means Price, Weber, Petry, Tatar, Drouin and Byron should be traded. Montreal will need, at least, a top pairing defensive duo, a #3 dmen, a #1 C, a top line RW, 2 top 6 forwards.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bergevin made a lot of trades last seasons . You aren't a GM neither me

No, I'm posting a trade proposal in a trade proposal thread on a message board.

Lots of other threads to discuss our GMs ineptness at using trades to upgrade the roster.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not sure about that. I mean, if I'm not mistaken, Ristolainen was playing on the top pairing in Buffalo. He'd be behind Weber in Montreal. Is Petry better than him defensively? Probably, but Petry is also known for brain farts and poor defensive coverage at times. On the other hand, Connor is a huge upgrade over Drouin. I think these trades make the team better.

Its helpful to look at Connor as a forward version of Petry and Ristolainen as D version of Drouin.

Ristolainen has been atrocious defensively for Buffalo. The difference between him and Petry is as significant as the difference between Drouin and Connor.

Reactions: FLHabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad