Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I still think Danault+ for William Karlsson would make a lot of sense. Vegas has Glass coming up and I'm sure Danault can be a good replacement. They can save a lot of money this way. I would then look to extend both Karlsson and Domi long term this offseason before they ask for a lot more. It's a "risk" I'm willing to take.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd do that in a heartbeat for an equivalent LD

But what is the equivalent of Pionk? His numbers are pretty good and he's only 23. Honestly, I don't know his game. 26 points and 21 minutes a night.

Perhaps the equivalent is 15th + Kulak?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But what is the equivalent of Pionk? His numbers are pretty good and he's only 23. Honestly, I don't know his game. 26 points and 21 minutes a night.

Perhaps the equivalent is 15th + Kulak?

Pionk is no peon.

A solid, puck-moving defenseman, he can put up impressive point totals at lower levels. His offensive instincts also make him a candidate to play on the power play. He makes smart decisions with the puck most of the time. Does not have ideal size (6-0, 190 pounds) for the National Hockey League. Therefore, he needs to add bulk and get physically stronger in order to maximize production at the highest level. Should shoot the puck more often.
Long Range Potential: S9lid defenseman with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Why don't the Habs see what they can get for Petry at this point?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wtf? That's it? .......wtf :eek: lol. We should be able to get a LD

TightSardonicAntbear-size_restricted.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pionk is no peon.

A solid, puck-moving defenseman, he can put up impressive point totals at lower levels. His offensive instincts also make him a candidate to play on the power play. He makes smart decisions with the puck most of the time. Does not have ideal size (6-0, 190 pounds) for the National Hockey League. Therefore, he needs to add bulk and get physically stronger in order to maximize production at the highest level. Should shoot the puck more often.
Long Range Potential: S9lid defenseman with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
How does WPG also get a first round pick on top of Pionk?

Why don't the Habs see what they can get for Petry at this point?

Trouba's 25. Petry will be 31. 6 prime years makes them very different assets. The return of Pionk and #20 overall seems low to me. I would want a top 10 pick for a talent like Trouba. #20 and Pionk seem like two good, but not great assets, for a great asset.

Perhaps Juulsen and #15 overall is closer to, and probably better than, the NYR offer.

Reactions: Michoulicious

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trouba's 25. Petry will be 31. 6 prime years makes them very different assets. The return of Pionk and #20 overall seems low to me. I would want a top 10 pick for a talent like Trouba. #20 and Pionk seem like two good, but not great assets, for a great asset.

Perhaps Juulsen and #15 overall is closer to, and probably better than, the NYR offer.

Of course they're different assets. It's obvious.

It's not about comparing Trouba to Petry, it's about finding out what his market value might be in case an antsy GM is prepared to overpay.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Of course they're different assets. It's obvious.

It's not about comparing Trouba to Petry, it's about finding out what his market value might be in case an antsy GM is prepared to overpay.

yeah I just don't know if 20th overall and Pionk is over payment. I would give up 15th overall and Juulsen for Trouba.

So given Trouba is worth a lot more than Petry, this trade only indicates we'd get significantly less than 20th overall and Pionk for Petry.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
We dont see very often an American born player signing in Canada as UFA...so Trouba was out of the question in Mtl.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
yeah I just don't know if 20th overall and Pionk is over payment. I would give up 15th overall and Juulsen for Trouba.

So given Trouba is worth a lot more than Petry, this trade only indicates we'd get significantly less than 20th overall and Pionk for Petry.

I don't think this trades indicates anything more than previous bad trades have in the past.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't think this trades indicates anything more than previous bad trades have in the past.
Also the Jets had no leverage. They have cap problems and Trouba basically said that he would only sign longterm for certain cities. That plummets his value big time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

yeah I was looking for the right word. I was thinking "IF this trade is any indication..." But as you point out, it's probably not an indication of the market. It's just one of those bad trades that a lucky GM like the Rangers' GM has the opportunity to pounce on every once in a while.

But you gotta wonder: where were the other 30 GM's who didn't make better offers?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would the Avs do 4thOV+ for Carey Price? I guess it depens on the +. CP is a West Coast all-star, the Rockies are his home, and the Habs are going nowhere. Colorado is on the up but lacking goaltending cost them a series at least if not the cup. Meanwhile, for the Habs, it starts the much needed rebuild. Bergevin would save his legacy doing this, people wouldn't remember him as a bad GM anymore if he kicked started a rebuild, 100% proof legacy even if he lost his job.

Ahhhh, what? You do realize the only starting goalies in the playoffs to have better stats than Grubauer were Lehner, Rask, and Bobrovsky?

This is such a ridiculously poor take.

As for your suggestion of 4th OV+ for Price? Yeah no, Avs dont want Price at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad