Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Seriously. I'd almost be willing to trade Markov at 50% retained if we could get something back for him. He's been awful. It's time to give the spot to Beaulieu.

I wounder what we would need to add to get nuke off of Dallas.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Seriously. I'd almost be willing to trade Markov at 50% retained if we could get something back for him. He's been awful. It's time to give the spot to Beaulieu.

Beaulieu has been a major disappointment. Where's this so called offensive talent? He and Galchenyuk are regressing under this regime

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Beaulieu has been a major disappointment. Where's this so called offensive talent? He and Galchenyuk are regressing under this regime

Mt needs to be gone at the end of this season. Let him take us to the bottom and get an excellent draft pick and never speak of him ever again... One can wish

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
It is time to move Pacioretty great contract you could get a nice haul in return,Bergevin move him to the western conference,to San Jose for Logan Couture a center both players are about the same age Pacioretty is 5 months older,and both have 3 years left after this year before becoming ufa's,and also get the big Swiss winger Timo Meier who is playing in the QMJHL,you might have to throw in Eller or Andrighetto or Pateryn.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Markov's a near legacy player in Montreal, sure he's not the player he once was, but he won't be discarded as a salary dump...just not how this organization does things for players of Markov's ilk

He's top 5 all time in Montreal in every offensive category for Dmen, he's given his all to the franchise...

No way....

Plekanec is more likely to be traded, but it's going to be difficult to create the perfect storm it would require for a team to trade for him

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Markov's a near legacy player in Montreal, sure he's not the player he once was, but he won't be discarded as a salary dump...just not how this organization does things for players of Markov's ilk

He's top 5 all time in Montreal in every offensive category for Dmen, he's given his all to the franchise...

No way....

Plekanec is more likely to be traded, but it's going to be difficult to create the perfect storm it would require for a team to trade for him

Not the same regime obviously, but Koivu wasn't even offered a contract and discarded like trash and he did more for the city and team than Markov.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Markov $5.75M is the equivalent of Gorges $4M. It's too much to pay for a second pairing D which is what he is now.
Love him but he did this to himself with his contract demands. Time for him to go.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Markov probably won't return good value in a trade. I think a lot of his shortcomings would be looked past if he was paired with Pateryn for example and played third pair minutes+special teams.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Markov + Minnesota 2nd round pick for 1st round pick + 3rd and 5th round pick + UFA cap dump

Plekanec + 3rd round pick for a 1st round pick

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i traded Markov in a mock draft for a 2nd, Oleksiak and Hemsky. had to take on Hemky's contract to make the deal work (1 year remaining).

not the most ideal trade but no one else wanted him

i also traded Pacioretty + Plek (who im not a big fan of) + DSP for N. Leddy (young top pairing LHD) + De Haan (young defensive 2nd pairing D, i view him as a #3) + Anders Lee + Brock Nelson + NYI's 1st (#23 OA)

assuming Plekanec = #23 OA, that means i got Leddy, De Haan, Lee and B. Nelson for Pacioretty. alot of good young pieces.

Last edited:

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
i traded Markov in a mock draft for a 2nd, Oleksiak and Hemsky. had to take on Hemky's contract to make the deal work (1 year remaining).

not the most ideal trade but no one else wanted him

I think its decent value. I would really try to get a 1st though.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
I said it before and i ll say it again Bergevin is a terrible GM. None of the trades he made i would have made including the Bourque trade for Allen. Habs had a pretty solid looking team at the start of last season...He completely disseminated the roster.

Patches - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
DD- Plekanec - Weise/PAP
Sekac - Eller- Bourque
DLR/Malhothra/Bounival/Prust

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Tinordi/Gilbert/PAteryn//Beaulieu/

okay maybe not disseminated but how did he make it better? I could get paid millions for this kind of management.

Last edited:

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Looks like Boston is gonna trade Erickson....if we are gonna trade Plekanec, we better do it now before Boston beats us to the punch as i think these two players are very similar and the first of the two to get traded will get the better return.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

No way....

That's the problem, people get too attached and let their feelings get in the way of good asset management. Markov should have been traded a few years ago along with Plekanec when we had the chance to go full rebuild. Now it's going to be harder to receive a decent return for Markov but if a good deal comes along you have to make it and move forward. These are players that won't lead us to anything moving forward and are not in the right slot here. You have to cut ties at some point and move on. Plek should go be a 3rd liner somewhere on a contender and he might have a chance to win something, cause it won't be here playing on the top line. Same thing with Markov, he makes too much for what he brings to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad