Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

quidam1981

Oct 31, 2008
. However getting RoR would solidify our top-6

Not to pick on you, because I use this expression as well, but can someone explains what "solidifying" something means in that context? Way back, we were saying that Hamrlik had "solidified" our defense. Same thing for Petry this year.

I feel like it doesn't actually mean anything. What does "making our top-6 more solid" means, really? Making it better? More talented? Harder to play against? More balanced? Tougher?

Seems to me like a catchy expression so vague that it can mean anything.

Anyways, linguistic rant over.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
My deals :

Some moves + trades I'd like and think ( In my opinion) the other team could be interested :

re-sign petry
re-sign Mitchell

Then :

Colorado receives : Alexei Emelin + B prospect
Montreal receives : Alex Tanguay

Nashville receives : Thomas Plekanec + B prospect
Montreal receives : James Neal

Arizona receives : DD + PAP ( could be one or another, in a perfect world both)
Montreal receives : Korpikoski + 5th 2015 ( If one trade : DD vs Korpi or PAP vs 5h 2015)

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to present your team for the 2015-2016 season :

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Neal
Tanguay-Eller-Gallagher
Korpikoski-De La Rose-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-Smith-Pelly

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Tinordi/Pateryn/Gilbert

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Tanguay has no interest in being here. Do you not remember when he quit on the team and sat out of the lineup to stay healthy for free agency?

HabsDieHard*

I'd look at St. Louis, who needs space to sign Tarasenko and is once again coming off of a disappointing playoff.

They will not be looking for money in return in any deal.

McCarron + 1st + Tinordi for Steen?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Tanguay has no interest in being here. Do you not remember when he quit on the team and sat out of the lineup to stay healthy for free agency?

Well, with how he was treated by last management, can't blame him. He wasn't in the team's plan short after the beginning of the season + he got injured.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'd look at St. Louis, who needs space to sign Tarasenko and is once again coming off of a disappointing playoff.

They will not be looking for money in return in any deal.

McCarron + 1st + Tinordi for Steen?

That's a lot to pay, good player but not sure i'd move that package for Steen. I'd call for Backes and Oshie as well. I see Oshie being a good fit here

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
What about Radim Vrbata? I remember there were some rumblings that the Canucks weren't happy with him or were looking into moving him. He's 33 but only has 1 year left on his deal, maybe he wouldn't cost as much as some of the other names out there. Scored 31 goals last year, although playing with the Sedins probably helped that.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
What about Radim Vrbata? I remember there were some rumblings that the Canucks weren't happy with him or were looking into moving him. He's 33 but only has 1 year left on his deal, maybe he wouldn't cost as much as some of the other names out there. Scored 31 goals last year, although playing with the Sedins probably helped that.

It was more that they'd have to listen to offers for him if someone through a huge package at them. Vrbata had a great year, even when he wasn't playing with the Sedans.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Go get Joe Thornton or Eric Staal. Move Lars Eller into the #2C spot and Galchenyuk to the #3 spot. Lars and Alex can learn a lot from a guy whose been around a long time and had good success.

But nope, we'll see Warwick Davis back in the #1C spot with Pacioretty on his wing and some talentless hack on the right side to start the season. Status quo, waiting for a propsect to turn into a stud without realizing it can't happen with muppet boy at the wheel.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know you give to get, but

Could we get Sharpe without giving up any roster players ( guessing Chicago would not want anyway , unless young guy very cheap ) and without losing Scherbak , McCarron or 2015 1st ? Would be fine moving 2016 1st, Tinordi, Fucale etc.

amude38

Aug 6, 2010
what do you guys think of this?

Montréal

Oshie

St-Louis

Lekhonnen
Tinordi
2rd 2016

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It was more that they'd have to listen to offers for him if someone through a huge package at them. Vrbata had a great year, even when he wasn't playing with the Sedans.

Well there was this weird comment from Willie Desjardins during the playoffs:

Could be nothing, but I guess it could be an indication that there's more to moving Vrbata beyond his production, since it has been excellent.

Anyway just tossing out ideas. He wouldn't come dirt cheap but maybe slightly less expensive than some of the big names being thrown around.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Go get Joe Thornton or Eric Staal. Move Lars Eller into the #2C spot and Galchenyuk to the #3 spot. Lars and Alex can learn a lot from a guy whose been around a long time and had good success.

But nope, we'll see Warwick Davis back in the #1C spot with Pacioretty on his wing and some talentless hack on the right side to start the season. Status quo, waiting for a propsect to turn into a stud without realizing it can't happen with muppet boy at the wheel.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HabsDieHard*

Oshie really hasn't progressed that much as a player overall.

I'd much rather get Steen.

Bit older, would likely cost a little less in a deal, and a great 2 way guy who can play C or W.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I knew Oshie's playoff track record was bad but I didn't realize it was 9 points in 30 games bad. That's even worse than Desharnais (barely).

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I knew Oshie's playoff track record was bad but I didn't realize it was 9 points in 30 games bad. That's even worse than Desharnais (barely).

Yeah, people crap on Plekanec for being terrible in the playoffs, then want to go out and get Oshie...

Don't get me wrong, he'd be a great add to our top 6. But he's nothing special either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad