Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Funny. Hab fans would have jumped at that before this year and Oiler fans said they had zero interest in an untalented player like Gallagher.

so true. but now a 20 goal guy who plays a hard nose style at a low cap hit is harder to find. But I would LOVE to see Eberle here

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Canadien are in need for scoring talent....it's what as failed them and it's should be a center.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
so true. but now a 20 goal guy who plays a hard nose style at a low cap hit is harder to find. But I would LOVE to see Eberle here

I would take Eberle on the Habs too, but not at the cost of Gallagher. Gallagher is part of the team's winger depth that we actually need to keep and build on.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I would take Eberle on the Habs too, but not at the cost of Gallagher. Gallagher is part of the team's winger depth that we actually need to keep and build on.

agreed.

Why exactly would Edmonton do this ?

Another long off-season with people proposing trades that don't even make sense for the other team.

They are in need of top 4 capable D and goaltending. That isn't ideal, but it does fill their needs, all without touching their big names or core. We can poo-poo Emelin all we want, but he is an upgrade to their D and under contract for a couple years at less than what they would have to pay a lesser player to sign there. Fucale is a legitimate G prospect that they will need.

Also, I'd do it to get our 2nd back....but you don't ask you don't get.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Canadien are in need for scoring talent....it's what as failed them and it's should be a center.

What centers are available? List is quite short.

No use going after a Thornton, too old and likely won't waive his NTC anyways.

Soderberg could be a nice depth addition who can play center, but not necessarily a #1 guy. He's been stuck behind Bergeron and Krejci in Boston.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Yeah, trading Gallagher for Eberle is a sideways move.

I would try and build a deal around Emelin Eller and Fucale. Not sure if that's enough or the type of deal they want.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
They could use a middle six player to replace Prust on the Eller line.

If you upgrade your top 6 then a guy like Desharnais can give your 3rd line a jumpstart. Hudon and Andrighetto are good candidates also.

Right now the issue is the Habs have 5 top 6 guys, Weise has filled in but is more a 3rd or 4th liner. Parenteau is not worth his cap hit on the 3rd line, he's the the guy on the roster that has to go.

Say you can somehow add a guy like Eberle for a package plus sign Soderberg, you can build a pretty strong top 9...

Plekanec Eberle Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher Soderberg Desharnais Eller plus Hudon/Andrighetto/DSP.

I think adding a #1 C is highly unlikely unless a big name is available and I don't know about it. Malkin...count me in...but I doubt he is available.

I think on defense the pieces are there, find a way to sign Petry and move Emelin. Gonchar and Weaver move on. Maybe bring in a low end FA to challenge Tinordi/Pateryn/Nygren for the #6-7 spots. Markov-Subban-Petry-Gilbert-Beaulieu is a solid 1-5.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
I proposed this in the RoR thread and got a favourable response…what do you guys think?

Tinordi + 2015 1st + McCarron for ROR

Here’s my line of thought:

Tinordi – is a big defenceman with an upside of a #4 but realistically #5 or #6, Bealieu/Pateryn have passed him.

2015 #1st rounder – This is a late 1st round pick, our window is now! Patches, PK, Price are all in their prime. Whoever we pick is still a good 3-4 years away (at least). By that time our guys will be late 20s early 30s.

McCarron – this is probably the toughest decision. The guy has really stepped up and with his size could be a gem. However we have this guy whose name is Scherbak, who could be ready as early as next season. He also plays RW.

At the end of the day we’re not losing anyone from our actual roster and adding 24 year old #1C.

RoR, Patches, Chucky, Gallagher, Subban, Price would be an awesome core. Add Eller, Scherbak, DLR, Beaulieu, Pateryn.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
If you upgrade your top 6 then a guy like Desharnais can give your 3rd line a jumpstart. Hudon and Andrighetto are good candidates also.

Right now the issue is the Habs have 5 top 6 guys, Weise has filled in but is more a 3rd or 4th liner. Parenteau is not worth his cap hit on the 3rd line, he's the the guy on the roster that has to go.

Say you can somehow add a guy like Eberle for a package plus sign Soderberg, you can build a pretty strong top 9...

Plekanec Eberle Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher Soderberg Desharnais Eller plus Hudon/Andrighetto/DSP.

I think adding a #1 C is highly unlikely unless a big name is available and I don't know about it. Malkin...count me in...but I doubt he is available.

I think on defense the pieces are there, find a way to sign Petry and move Emelin. Gonchar and Weaver move on. Maybe bring in a low end FA to challenge Tinordi/Pateryn/Nygren for the #6-7 spots. Markov-Subban-Petry-Gilbert-Beaulieu is a solid 1-5.

Honest question, why do you want to keep Desharnais ? Unless you think we're stuck with him, then, that would be different...

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I proposed this in the RoR thread and got a favourable response…what do you guys think?

Tinordi – is a big defenceman with an upside of a #4 but realistically #5 or #6, Bealieu/Pateryn have passed him.

2015 #1st rounder – This is a late 1st round pick, our window is now! Patches, PK, Price are all in their prime. Whoever we pick is still a good 3-4 years away (at least). By that time our guys will be late 20s early 30s.

McCarron – this is probably the toughest decision. The guy has really stepped up and with his size could be a gem. However we have this guy whose name is Scherbak, who could be ready as early as next season. He also plays RW.

At the end of the day we’re not losing anyone from our actual roster and adding 24 year old #1C.

RoR, Patches, Chucky, Gallagher, Subban, Price would be an awesome core. Add Eller, Scherbak, DLR, Beaulieu, Pateryn.

Replace Big Mac with JDLR. We will deeply regret trading that guy.

I pitched this same offer with JDLR and most Colorado fans were cool with it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

ROR has 1 year left on his contract and has proven to be a nightmare in negotiations. Absolutely not.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Replace Big Mac with JDLR. We will deeply regret trading that guy.

I pitched this same offer with JDLR and most Colorado fans were cool with it.

I would obviously be ok with that but with many teams pitching COL, I think it will take Big Mac to pull it off.

Trust me I know what we're giving away...I can see Big Mac becoming a sort of Lucic but with better hands. However getting RoR would solidify our top-6

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
ROR has 1 year left on his contract and has proven to be a nightmare in negotiations. Absolutely not.

Not really...Lacroix was forcing him into bridge which he did not want, sort of the same as what happened with PK. Only difference is that PK wasn't offer-sheeted by Calgary.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
ROR is not a #1C and only has a year left on his deal. He's not worth three first round picks.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
And exactly how would that make the team better?

It opens up a top 4 slot for Beaulieu, it also gives us more cap flexibility to get a top 6 winger. Fucale is an excellent prospect, but let's be honest, he is 4-5 seasons away from being ready to even try and supplant Price as a starter....if he reaches that potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad