Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i'd be happy if we got a 5th for Emelin, realistically im expecting a 7th or future considerations tho.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
cus he has a terrible caphit, hes a bottom pairing dman

He's been top 4 in minutes since entering the NHL, top 4 on most NHL teams. He might be slightly overpaid...maybe not...either way he should have pretty good value if traded.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I don't think being overpaid by around .5 mil is grounds for tossing Emelin away for peanuts. He's a #4 defenceman that can play at both ends. Never mind the whole physicality part, that's valuable in and of itself.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i think hes bottom pairing whos worth around 2.5 mil at the most, basically the same type of player Gilbert is (except Gilbert is a much better hockey player than Emelin, all Emelin has is his hits).

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
This team needs offence so bad. I'm not sure I care if they're smallish. They don't need just another top-6 player, they need a top line player.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This team needs offence so bad. I'm not sure I care if they're smallish. They don't need just another top-6 player, they need a top line player.

They could use a middle six player to replace Prust on the Eller line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
They could use a middle six player to replace Prust on the Eller line.

You'd hope that acquiring a top-6 player would push one of our other players down. A guy like Parenteau or a prospect like Hudon/Andrighetto are good fits on the 3rd line.

Desharnais and Plekanec don't match up well in terms of top-6 centers. Gallagher and DSP don't exactly light the world on fire at RW.

I think we've got enough good young players to fill out a 3rd line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Nyquist, Tatar, Athanasiou, Mantha, Jurco, Holmstrom, Pulkinnen....
Nosek, Nastasiuk, Bertuzzi, Ferraro....

Gotta think one of the higher end wingers might be available.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone have any interest in Justin Schultz? I think he'd be good on a pairing with Markov if we don't sign Petry

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Edmonton is looking for depth and upside in G and on D and even with the extension, I feel like Yakupov is the piece they're dangling. He'd be well worth the risk, he's only 21 at a cap hit of 2.5M and could turn out to be exactly what Montreal need. They have a better leadership group than Edmonton and there is also the Russian element with Markov, Emelin and Galchenyuk (I know he's American).

G Fucale + RD Tinordi <---> RW Yakupov

Sign Petry
Move Desharnais and Gilbert for picks or prospects
Buy out Parenteau... maybe

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
*UFA* - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Andrighetto - Eller - Weise
Prust - De La Rose - Smith-Pelly

Bournival, Flynn

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton is looking for depth and upside in G and on D and even with the extension, I feel like Yakupov is the piece they're dangling. He'd be well worth the risk, he's only 21 at a cap hit of 2.5M and could turn out to be exactly what Montreal need. They have a better leadership group than Edmonton and there is also the Russian element with Markov, Emelin and Galchenyuk (I know he's American).

G Fucale + RD Tinordi <---> RW Yakupov

Sign Petry
Move Desharnais and Gilbert for picks or prospects
Buy out Parenteau... maybe

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
*UFA* - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Andrighetto - Eller - Weise
Prust - De La Rose - Smith-Pelly

Flynn

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

(Oiler Fan passing through)

While that adresses a some of Oilers needs, that offer is not nearly enough. Although Yak hasnt been exactly impressive his first couple years in the league, he ended the season very strong under a coach that actually had a clue. Although, his value might not seem very high, theres no incentive to sell low on Yak at this point.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
There are quite a few intriguing RFAs on the market, should they make it to July 1, that would be good additions. Stepan comes to mind as one.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Desharnais for Gaustad (If they don't sign Ribeiro)

Emelin+ for O'Reilly? Doubt that's enough though. If he doesn't sign by the deadline we can trade him.

Potential trade targets: JVR, Eberle, Simmonds, O'Reily

I wouldn't do this one, but what about:
Markov for Iginla?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs - Desharnais + Gilbert + Flynn
:coyotes - Korpikoski + Murphy

:habs - Emelin
:isles - Grabner

:habs - 1st'16 + Nygren
:hawks - Sharp + 5th

Pacioretty Galcheyuk Gallagher
Sharp Plekanec Grabner
Korpikoski Eller Weise
Prust De La Rose Smith-Pelly

Markov Subban
Beaulieu Petry
???? Murphy
Tinordi Pateryn

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Not a trade proposal, but I didn't see a UFA thread around, so...

What do you guys think about Joonas Donskoi ? He's a hard working, good skating forward, who happens to be RH, can play LW/RW and have pretty good hands... is he still property of Florida ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad