for

Kesler

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Who might be interested in renting Markov? How about Pittsburgh, given the injuries to Letang and Martin.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
I find the price for Kesler a tad too high. Plekanec on the 3rd , I'm not sure about that one.

The 2nd & 3rd lines are interchangeable - can both provide offense and can both play against the other teams' top lines.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
You give all that for Kesler and you still play him behind DD.

Priceless.

You and I both know that those 3 lines would see pretty close to equal playing time. Whatever order they are in depends on how they are doing that night.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
I know what you mean but Kesler and Pleky = $5M of Cap hit each... It's alot of money.

Another way to look at it. Plek, Kesler & Desharnais have a combined $13.5 Million cap hit.

That's not bad for your top 3 centers, all signed through the next 2 seasons.

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not ready to give up on Eller just yet.

Him and Galchenyuk will be beasts next season.

I think MB stays put and will sign a new player this summer to replace Gionta.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
You get Kesler to play him with a 4th liner and a guy that struggles to get 12 minutes of ice time a game? That's stupid.

Play him with whoever you want.....

The point is that you can acquire him and your center position is solidified for the next 3 seasons.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
correct, sorry, still to much I live in Vancouver and see lots of Canuck games and he is pretty good but this is way to much for a team in the middle of a rebuild.

EDM, CGY, BUF, NYI now those are rebuilds, MTL is way beyond that.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Pull the damn trigger already for crying out loud. Every year we end up waiting until the trade deadline wondering who we are going to get, and end up coming out of it holding our dicks with nothing to show..LOL

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Pittsburgh respectfully; but vociferously declines! NO interest in Markov what-so-ever

You heard this from ... ? Respectfully, perhaps, but vociferously? You mean like a donkey braying? :D If not Markov, then how about Budaj (or Halak from Buffalo)? Surely the Penguins don't want to rely on the playoff edition of Flowery?

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
If we ever manage to get Kesler (which I highly doubt since I don't think he'd go to another canadian team), what about playing him on the wing? Put him on Plekanec's right wing and you got a pretty good two-way line that is a constant threat in the attacking zone. If you have to give Eller in the deal, play Bournival as #3 C with Gionta and Bourque. If you need a shutdown line at the end of games, you can always switch him with Prust.

But yeah, Beaulieu, Eller, 1st is a pretty hefty price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad